Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (44 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2,487
    seriously, guy is a natural scorer but the problems off the pitch with the wife are unbearable.
    Wanda wants to bring to court his sis that's in the big brother Italy house right now.

tvrtko

Mar 14, 2019
    seriously, guy is a natural scorer but the problems off the pitch with the wife are unbearable.
    Wanda wants to bring to court his sis that's in the big brother Italy house right now.
    Wtf is wrong with her?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry - wtf is wrong with him? :crazy:

What's the story behind that? Any reason why she's after his sister?

JuveA88

Oct 5, 2003
    Next transfer campaign will be very interesting. I have great faith in the management, but it’s a tough and highly inflated market.

Regardless if Allegri will stay or not, our priorities should be the same. We need at least one CB, but most importantly we need a midfield general which also were the priority last year until the Ronaldo opportunity arise - and we took the right decision imo.

We need a great general in midfield with aggression and physical presence, but most important, a leader. I do not know who is realistically available and fits the bill. I think Ramsey will bring leadership and will become a great asset next season, but we still need more grinta in midfield. Matuidi is a great rotation player, same for Can, and Bentancur have great potential, but they cannot be considered starters in CL knockout phase, if we ever dream of winning that title.

If it was up to me, we would sell Pjanic, Khedira and Matuidi and use all money to buy that midfield general and change to 4-2-3-1 with Dybala as a real 10 to maximize his potential. However, I am pretty sure we will stick with Pjanic in 4-3-3 and sell Dybala - hopefully Pjanic in a more advanced role then, most likely not - but one of these scenarios have to and will happen.

Edit:
    Dybala and Pjanic is WC, but Dybala needs to play in the right formation and Pjanic needs better partners in midfield to protect and support him. The two scenarios cannot be combined when you have Ronaldo (and Costa, Berna, Cuadrado Mandzukic) on the wing, so one has to be sacrificed.

Last edited:

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
    People who expect a total revolution in the Summer could be disappointed. After signing CR7 the debt has increased a lot. We already did the spending and without many and important sales there will be no mercato.

First and foremost start with the coach. You can swap players for the eternity and win nothing without a coach. Allegri looks like a zombie on the bench, he cannot stay any longer.

tvrtko

Mar 14, 2019
    Next transfer campaign will be very interesting. I have great faith in the management, but it’s a tough and highly inflated market.

Regardless if Allegri will stay or not, our priorities should be the same. We need at least one CB, but most importantly we need a midfield general which also were the priority last year until the Ronaldo opportunity arise - and we took the right decision imo.

We need a great general in midfield with aggression and physical presence, but most important, a leader. I do not know who is realistically available and fits the bill. I think Ramsey will bring leadership and will become a great asset next season, but we still need more grinta in midfield. Matuidi is a great rotation player, same for Can, and Bentancur have great potential, but they cannot be considered starters in CL knockout phase, if we ever dream of winning that title.

If it was up to me, we would sell Pjanic, Khedira and Matuidi and use all money to buy that midfield general and change to 4-2-3-1 with Dybala as a real 10 to maximize his potential. However, I am pretty sure we will stick with Pjanic in 4-3-3 and sell Dybala - hopefully Pjanic in a more advanced role then, most likely not - but one of these scenarios have to and will happen.
    I generally agree, one question tho - if you sell Pjanic, Khedira and Mat, you'd play Ramsey - Bentancur - newmidfielder?

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
    Andrea #Pirlo to Sky:

- Midfield with little quality to dominate opponents in Europe.

- Mandzukic can no longer be the center forward if #Juventus wants to win UCL

- Condition of injury and conditioning to be solved.
    I'm so glad Pirlo brings up the conditioning issue. All hail Pirlo!

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
    Jun 1, 2012
    Pirlo: Juventus seem better than Barcelona, but [Manchester] City are dangerous. I already gave [Juve] a big chance of winning [the Champions League.

:stupid:
    Because he truly thought that this was our year and that Allegri finally has learned from his mistakes. Apparently not...

And the apprehensions about Mandzukic were there from the beginning. He continues to get a free ride at Juventus because plays like a pseudo defender.

We have spent like €300M on attacking players and the coach is more invested in our central striker marking the opposition's most dangerous player..

Thats all you need to know

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    How much should this Van Der Beek dude cost?
    Also I dont think it is that difficult to fix our problems - I do think there is a lot of movement needed
    1. Coach - Ajax coach shouldnt be hard to obtain
    2. Defense - De Ligt is expensive but I see we get Romero - We should try to convince Koulibaly or maybe Varane if he does wants to leave
    3. Midfield - You spoke of Ndombele ok he is one player - If we go for someone like Kante or Casemiro we could solve our defensive situation as well as its a midfielder defender type of player (same as we deployed Can vs Ajax only that they know how to do it while Can only tries..)
    4. Attack - The easiest place to fix IMO - Sell Dybala get J.Felix - Best scenario Felix becomes a monster. Worst scenario we have a new Dybala.. Also Salah apparently asked Liverpool for a transfer so he is also a player who can help our attack
    5. Icardi - The only reason we should do the trade of Dybala Icardi is if we can sell Icardi for more than we can sell Dybala which I highly doubt since Inter want 110M apparently and I guess someone would have paid it if they want him..

tvrtko

Mar 14, 2019
    I don't think we'll sell a lot or sign a lot.
    Imo, chances for being sold (not because they're bad, just because they're controverse)
    - Costa
    - Khedira
    - Dybala

And some chances to sign
    - Manolas
    - Romero
    - Zaniolo
    - Chiesa
    - Felix
    - SMS
    (players that will get offloaded)
    - Umtiti
    - Rakitic
    - Kroos
    - Rabiot
    - Mousa Dembele

- - - Updated - - -

Imo, can't think of any realistic Midfielder that we could get and who'll solve all our problems
    One somewhat realistic CB that would fix all our issues at the back: Koulibally or Varane if the rumours were true (which I doubt)

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    I rate Icardi, I dont mind him

But not at the expense of Dybala
    Icardi will bring us.... Nothing.. He is a good finisher but nothing more than that..
    If we want a player who is a bomber I rather get Jovic who IMO is better than Icardi

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think we'll sell a lot or sign a lot.
    Imo, chances for being sold (not because they're bad, just because they're controverse)
    - Costa
    - Khedira
    - Dybala

And some chances to sign
    - Manolas
    - Romero
    - Zaniolo
    - Chiesa
    - Felix
    - SMS
    (players that will get offloaded)
    - Umtiti
    - Rakitic
    - Kroos
    - Rabiot
    - Mousa Dembele

- - - Updated - - -

Imo, can't think of any realistic Midfielder that we could get and who'll solve all our problems
    One somewhat realistic CB that would fix all our issues at the back: Koulibally or Varane if the rumours were true (which I doubt)
    If we go for him and he replicates his last year it will surely be a huge boost to our midfield..
    Given the current market I think the only option right now is Ndombele...

Dybala must be sacrificed unless there is a new coach who has clear ideas how to make him a monster!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)