Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (36 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

Next level pace.

Varane here would become the best defender in the world. Physically he already is. Allegri will teach him tactics to make him #1 overall
Yap
In terms of young defenders there are Varane Koulibaly and De Ligt - All should be signed if we have an opportunity..

- - - Updated - - -

Put Kroos in for Marcelo and that would be the biggest robbery of all time.
I dont like Kroos that much but since our mid is crap I`ll take it..

Buy on AliExpress.com

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Put Kroos in for Marcelo and that would be the biggest robbery of all time.
It sure would! But they'd never take it.. Kroos is prime and top class. Lower your expectations a bit. Marcelo is getting older and could be looking for a new challenge. It's a realistic (and good business) IMO. Marcelo replacing A. Sandro, who we could make ~€50m on.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

Next level pace.

Varane here would become the best defender in the world. Physically he already is. Allegri will teach him tactics to make him #1 overall
see @Kopanja's post. varane would be obviously awesome, but combined with marcelo? sky high wages for both, with marcelo quickly regressing, not a wise idea.

also, selling dybala, one of our two sub-30 strikers after a meh season, and at the same time, getting good old marcelo while we have sandro + spina? :boh:

i wouldn't trade sandro for marcelo to begin with. sandro had a strong start to the season, and only dropped when he was playing constantly without any backup. with proper rotation, our left back pairing might be the strongest for the next 3-4 years.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
It sure would! But they'd never take it.. Kroos is prime and top class. Lower your expectations a bit. Marcelo is getting older and could be looking for a new challenge. It's a realistic (and good business) IMO. Marcelo replacing A. Sandro, who we could make ~€50m on.
Eh, I wouldn't be that sure honestly. Kroos is one of the guys who suffered the most last year from CR leaving. Everywhere I look RM fans are very angry because he was lazy and want him gone. Spanish media suggest he might be the one to leave to finance Pogba for example.

Varane is definitely unavailable, 0% chance he leaves, but Kroos could be the guy.

Last edited:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Eh, I would be that sure honestly. Kroos is one of the guys who suffered the most last year from CR leaving. Everywhere I look RM fans are very angry because he was lazy and want him gone. Spanish media suggest he might be the one to leave to finance Pogba for example.

Varane is definitely unavailable, 0% chance he leaves, but Kroos could be the guy.
Didnt Kroos brother joke about the Kroos+50M for Pogba and said maybe Pogba+50M for Kroos?! Anyway I dont like Kroos but if we cant get someone of this level he might be our best option (if he is an option)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Swap Dybala for Marcelo & Varane. Would you do it?

Or we could move for Umtiti. When he's not injured it's a top quality player.
Do you specialize in shit suggestions? Marcelo? :howler: Lazy, ageing cunt who has absolutely nothing left to prove. Yes, let's waste a guy potentially worth 120+ million for Varane and a washed up lolzilian :rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

Kroos will be 30 in a few months, and Marcelo is already washed up. Can we please target younger, hungry players who actually have something to prove? I don't want Real Madrid's hand me downs thank you very much.

If we sell Dybala for 120 million (I'm sure many will be happy, and yes he shouldn't be sold for less or we're fucking retarded) and both Douglas Costa and Sandro for a combined 100 million, then that gives it 220 million without even incorporating our actual budget. Assuming we have a budget of 80 million pre sales, that's a total of 300 million, which is enough to acquire 4 top quality performers (Joao Felix, Ndombele, De Ligt and a younger LB).

Last edited:

tvrtko

Mar 14, 2019
Nah.. Marcelo he can stay at RM, I'd consider a Varane - Dybala swap if Dybs doesn't step up and shows his quality for the rest of this season..
Varane + 20-50m would be almost a nobrainer imo

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
The reason to why we collapse as soon as a team presses us is because apart from Pjanic, all our midfielders shit their pants with the ball at their feet and they are pressed.

Likewise, that’s also the reason to why Dybala is literally playing as regista when Pjanic is our. None of our other midfielders can pass or carry the ball forward.

We need a backup for Chiellini, but our starting CBs are fine. The lack of attacking midfielders is the most glaring issue in our squad.
It's not, not by a long shot. You never see Berna doing it when played in the same role... Dybala needs to man up and actually face some defenders.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Our midfield is what is limiting us first and foremost, puts defense on high alert pressure, and screws up majority of conventional attacks by focusing our gameplay on the wings too much.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Happy there's someone else that thinks the same
Absolutely. We have only 2 CBs available for today, both of whom are known to make a lot of mistakes. If that's not urgent I don't know what is.

- - - Updated - - -

Our midfield is what is limiting us first and foremost, puts defense on high alert pressure, and screws up majority of conventional attacks by focusing our gameplay on the wings too much.

Defense has always been the core of this team. Only 3 players are in the squad from 2015 final: BBC. Now that's crumbling.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

I agree in one sense... but in another we have a young Bentancur who had a good start to the season and though he went through a rough spell, he’s looking pretty good again lately. Emre Can also has started to look decent when playing in a more defensive midfield role... and Pjanic is top class, even if inconsistent. Aaron Ramsey arriving who is another top class player, unfortunately injury prone.

I’d say to truly have a world class midfield trio, we are one fantastic B2B away.

Defense is more of an immediate issue because of age. Barza is retiring this year. Chiellini is getting up there. Bonucci has his strong points but doesn’t function well without a Chiellini style aggressive defender beside him, and same deal with Rugani who seems to have regressed this year. Definitely a major issue. A young CB in the Chiellini mold is the most essential signing imo. Someone to partner Bonucci or Rugani so we can rotate Chiellini more to keep him fresh.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Finally other people are saying what I've been saying; we should definitely be looking out for defensive improvements for the long run and that's why I was quite pissed last year when we swapped out Caldara. In hindsight it was a pretty good deal to swap Bonucci in due to his injury, but we definitely need to address the CB position with at least two acquisitions that can play it out at starting XI level if possible. Right now our players are:

-Error prone Rugani
-Martin "Glass" Caceres
-Grandpa Chiellini
-Fuckcunt Bonucci

We need a leader like De Ligt who can safely take the mantle once Chiello runs out of juice most likely within the next 2 years and who can guarantee a long lasting legacy of quality CBs that we have always had. I'd be happier if we actually got him over a worldie CM since we already have Ramsey coming in, altough of course both would be nice. I wouldn't mind investing in BOTH Romero and De Ligt either so we can ship Caceres back to wherever he came back from. We need more authority in the backline that we lost along with Benatia and Barzagli.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It's not an either/or scenario. We need CB improvements and CM improvements. These are both facts.
Making the big assumption that Ramsey stays healthy, he’s a pretty big CM improvement.

Pjanic-Ramsey-Matuidi-Can-Bentancur isn’t too shabby. Of course it could still be improved significantly...

But I’d say going into next year with only Chiellini-Bonucci-Rugani on the books shows a far more dire need at CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)