Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (23 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Why did Paratici/Neddy/Agnelli extend the contracts of Khedira, Mandzo and Rugani just recently if they want them gone? Doesn't really send the "we don't want you anymore" signal to the player.
i dont think the plan was to get rid of them. none of them, individually, are as bad as made out to be the real issue pressing them to leave is the squadsize and that makes the real question how the eff did we ever end up in this situation??!

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 6, 2015
i dont think the plan was to get rid of them. none of them, individually, are as bad as made out to be the real issue pressing them to leave is the squadsize and that makes the real question how the eff did we ever end up in this situation??!
Maybe we didn't expect Higgy to come back and stay. That would somewhat explain the Mandzo extension. Perhaps we weren't expecting Demiral to stay either that would explain Rugani. Extending Sami's contract probably just means that he was never really on the chopping block. Who knows, but something definitely didn't go according to plan.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
True. Mandzo, Sami and Matuidi don't have much value left on the market. You need to take a bad deal if you really want to get rid of them. Just like Inter did with Radja and Perisic. I doubt we'll see better offers in January either though.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not gonna go along playing dumb with you on this Dybi thing. You can google yourself and go over the saga again if you didn't quite grasp it on the first time. Of course you are also free to blindly believe what you want if that's more convenient for you.
I'm still waiting for your facts.
I don't need to go look for made up stories.
Just quote me one official source and I am going to agree with you.
If you can't then why do you say your theory is more real than mine?

At the end of the day the only fact is that lukaku signed for inda and dybala is still here.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Maybe we didn't expect Higgy to come back and stay. That would somewhat explain the Mandzo extension. Perhaps we weren't expecting Demiral to stay either that would explain Rugani. Extending Sami's contract probably just means that he was never really on the chopping block. Who knows, but something definitely didn't go according to plan.
Bar Higuain in the last season, these were players Allegri valued hence the extensions. I don't think we would have planned months before the coach exits to have a different strategy. Perhaps pushing Allegri out wasn't planned that long before as some of us might have thought

Jun 6, 2015

At the end of the day the only fact is that lukaku signed for inda and dybala is still here.
I have no clue what you consider as an official source. If it's the clubs involved then clearly there isn't any as the transfer didn't go through.

Perhaps because your theory is completely made up? But as I already mentioned I'm not going to stop you from ignoring the reality.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

Hey that's a two way street. You also believe that it's players who refuses all offers.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
I have no clue what you consider as an official source. If it's the clubs involved then clearly there isn't any as the transfer didn't go through.

Perhaps because your theory is completely made up? But as I already mentioned I'm not going to stop you from ignoring the reality.
Official sources:

The players themselves
Club announcements.
Agents of players .
Club officials.

Any quote from them will do.

Last edited:

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Bar Higuain in the last season, these were players Allegri valued hence the extensions. I don't think we would have planned months before the coach exits to have a different strategy. Perhaps pushing Allegri out wasn't planned that long before as some of us might have thought
Rugani was valued by Allegri?

Jun 6, 2015
Might be. Mandzu was extended as late as April. Still before the Ajax games though.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Hey that's a two way street. You also believe that it's players who refuses all offers.
Yes it is. That's also speculation.
Since for example khedira was present to some arsenal match it is easy to speculate that negotiations were underway.
It's my belief, of course . I don't say I'm right.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
good point and to add on we probably also didnt expect to have such a poor year and reshuffling of coach last season which prompted multiple new signings to address these weaknesses whether or not we could move on the excess

Jun 6, 2015
Official sources:

The players themselves
Club announcements.
Agents of players .
Club officials.

Any quote from them will do.
You know full well that before a deal is finalized you will rarely get anything from those sources.

This is what Fab gave us: “Dybala is like all the others, a great Juventus player. There is interest and there are discussions, we’ll talk about it together.”

It happened. If you don't want to accept it, that's fine by me.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
You know full well that before a deal is finalized you will rarely get anything from those sources.

This is what Fab gave us: “Dybala is like all the others, a great Juventus player. There is interest and there are discussions, we’ll talk about it together.”

It happened. If you don't want to accept it, that's fine by me.
So did he say that they want lukaku or something? He could have referred to totenham or psg. As I said speculation.

And by the way I don't believe my theory because it's to far fetched, but you said that dybala to man utd saga was based on facts and that's clearly not the case , as both theories are based on speculation.
If something official ever appears than it becomes a fact.

Anyway it doesn't matter.
You say it is a fact I say it is speculation.
End of discussion.
Either way I'm glad the supposed trade didn't happen.

Jun 6, 2015
So did he say that they want lukaku or something? He could have referred to totenham or psg. As I said speculation.

And by the way I don't believe my theory because it's to far fetched, but you said that dybala to man utd saga was based on facts and that's clearly not the case , as both theories are based on speculation.
If something official ever appears than it becomes a fact.

Anyway it doesn't matter.
You say it is a fact I say it is speculation.
End of discussion.
Either way I'm glad the supposed trade didn't happen.
We tried to sell him, just like now we're trying to sell Rugani. Neymar to Juve is speculation without any real sources. It's not really that hard. Obviously the specific transfers only become facts once they get done.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I'm gone for a month and Paratootsie is still shamelessly flogging our players for sale, wreaking of desperation in the process. We'll obviously and predictably struggle to get rid of the undesirables and deadwood. We've already downgraded @ RB (yes, the central defense is a huge improvement, and I sincerely hope we don't foolishly dispose of Demiral @ the 11th hour), I'm still not sold on our midfield (what are Sami and Matuidi still doing here? Smh). Let's keep the attack as is, unless we're bringing in Neymar (I'm still pissed we sold Kean and for pocket change). There are still a few more days for the management to fuck shit up - can't wait till this rollercoaster is over and we can just focus on the season ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)