Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (60 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
I think he played there on occasion for Barca, but obviously he is more suited as am AM or LW.
I really rate him and think he could be good for us, but you are probably right that he wont be worth the wages and transfersum it would take to get him here.
Still this is the type of player we should target IMO. Creative player who can play LW, AM, CM as Coutinho, Eriksen or SMS (CM/AM), instead of one trick expensive CF’s as Lukaku or Icardi.
Barca's system is like cancer for the most of the people. There's one guy running the whole system, alot of the people need to play whole different positions because that one guy cannot play otherwise. On top of that, they need to defend more because that one guy alongside with other attacking players ain't nothing but best friends, while being the bestmans on eachothers weddings and if you're an outsider or coming from other clubs, you will always need to go with what they want.

I still rate Coutinho pretty high skill wise, but then again the whole Barcelona mindset is probably approaching him as well, be there just for collecting the money and getting out of that circle is almost impossible.

If we could sell Dybala for 70m and buy Eriksen for 50m and Icardi for x amount, i think we would be absolutely competitive enough with anybody in the world.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #11,011
    Here's what's f*ckin' going on!

Perin: can wait at home and leave in January or go out on loan[3m] + 12m obligation to buy. Monaco wants. Don't know about Porto.
    Pjaca: send to U23.
    Pellegrini: Would keep. If not, Cagliari is waiting. Loan. If he goes some bum could replace him.
    Rugani: Refused Arsenal and Wolves. close to Roma.
    Khedira: Probably rescinds. That extra contract extension was given by the great :beppe: yes. Same with Mandzukic. :beppe2:
    Mandzukic: Refused Arsenal. Bayer and Dortmund want.
    Matuidi: There's Monaco. PSG too.
    Higuain: Wants to stay. Roma still trying to convince him.
    Dybala: We wanted plusvalenza but stopped the Tottenham deal. Odd one. If we sell there's still PSG if Neymar leaves. f*ck inDa.

Then if this goes well...Wandita!

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
    May 3, 2012

Perin: can wait at home and leave in January or go out on loan[3m] + 12m obligation to buy. Monaco wants. Don't know about Porto.
    Pellegrini: Would keep. If not, Cagliari is waiting. Loan. If he goes some bum could replace him.
    Khedira: Probably rescinds. That extra contract extension was given by the great :beppe: yes. Same with Mandzukic. :beppe2:
    Dybala: We wanted plusvalenza but stopped the Tottenham deal. Odd one. If we sell there's still PSG if Neymar leaves. f*ck inDa.

Matuidi is the odd player in this Sarri system. Really needs to be sold.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
    We should have signed Joao Felix.
    We cant since we are invested heavily on CR7 (340 mill euro in 4 seasons 100m transfer fee+240m wages). We even need to sell some of our potensial players to cover this investment

Even Joao Felix look bargaining and more visionary move than our CR7 move. From what we see in preseason Joao look more fresh on idea and contribute more to the squad, he has the intelligence to see the open space and punish

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
    We cant since we are invested heavily on CR7 (340 mill euro in 4 seasons 100m transfer fee+240m wages). We even need to sell some of our potensial players to cover this investment

Even Joao Felix look bargaining and more visionary move than our CR7 move. From what we see in preseason Joao look more fresh on idea and contribute more to the squad, he has the intelligence to see the open space and punish

I can't agree with this. We have to sell because with the squad right now we can't register 6 for CL and 5 players for Serie A. Also it looks like Juve want to sell Dybala because they no longer have trust in him.

Rabbit

Secure The Bag
    Jun 8, 2010

What's up with these old fucks (and soygani) just straight up refusing all offers? I know they have a contract but they need to realise that there time is up here and need to move on.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
    I can't agree with this. We have to sell because with the squad right now we can't register 6 for CL and 5 players for Serie A. Also it looks like Juve want to sell Dybala because they no longer have trust in him.
    You can disagree and have another reason to backup your denial. But that is the fact, we invest around 85 to 86 mill euro per season for something we cannot recoup in later years. Unless China or Arab money knocking

I am okay for selling players ageing and we dont need. But selling Kean, Spinna and Cancelo are more to balance the books and this is effect of CR7 investment, but on other side the image of CR7 itself give some boost for us

If you compare with 120m + 7mill salary per year
    Joao Felix get. If it is 5 years then it will be 120 + (5x14) = 190 mil euro. Then it will be only 38 mill euro per year saving us 48 mil per year than Ronaldo

And because of new tax wages, we can save even more. And after 3 or 4 years if he proved success, then we can sell maybe min for 200 mill Euro or at least for our initial 120mil

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

Mandzukic and Rugani stay i think. Khedira and Matuidi eventually leave and then we need to offload Higuain somehow. Pjaca, Perin and Pellegrini should be more easy to find clubs for

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
    You can disagree and have another reason to backup your denial. But that is the fact, we invest around 85 to 86 mill euro per season for something we cannot recoup in later years. Unless China or Arab money knocking

But selling Kean, Spinna and Cancelo are more to balance the books and this is effect of CR7 investment, but on other side the image of CR7 itself give some boost for us

Kean was at the last year of his contract with us and Raiola wanted to guarantee him a lot of playing time - something we can't offer.

Spinazzola was never a key player and at the age of 26 he had one good game vs Atletico M and that was about it.

Cancelo is a bit of an enigma because he had half a season where he played well in attack but Juve decided to sell him. Perhaps the rumors that he is a troublemaker in the dressing room are true. I watched Man City first game and I can tell you that Kyle Walker is many times the better player than Cancelo. So he'll be a back up there or maybe play in attack where City are also stacked. It's obvious that we wanted him gone and City were definitely not desperate to have him.

Also CR7 is an opportunity once in a lifetime. Even if it fails it was worth the risk. You can't reject a 5 time ballon d'or winner and an international star that gives you 10x times more popularity than before. Felix might fail in a season/two, remember how promising was Morata here? CR7 is a great investment and if we don't use it well - it's our fault.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)