Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (20 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 25, 2019
I doubt we can afford both without a major sale.
Are their salary caps or is it just based on what teams can afford for their budget? The thing with De Ligt and Pogba is that they are both young enough to be major contributors to the team when Ronaldo starts to tail off. If we wait to add a world class player in the mid or up front then I guess we have to rely on Dybala and/or Kean to become that player in a few years time or when Ronaldo's contract is up.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Are their salary caps or is it just based on what teams can afford for their budget? The thing with De Ligt and Pogba is that they are both young enough to be major contributors to the team when Ronaldo starts to tail off. If we wait to add a world class player in the mid or up front then I guess we have to rely on Dybala and/or Kean to become that player in a few years time or when Ronaldo's contract is up.
No salary caps the main concern would be FFP but even with FFP aside Juventus is a well managed side financially that doesn't spend itself into trouble.

tbh its difficult to know what we can afford right now as the club had seemed priced out of top talent for a while ( we don't have the revenue of top EPL or La Liga sides) but just recently we have spent giant sums on Higuain and CR7. You can also see the massive wages we are now giving out to numerous players so maybe this year we do have that kind of money :boh: Nobody saw the sort of expenditure we put towards Ronaldo coming.

May 25, 2019
No salary caps the main concern would be FFP but even with FFP aside Juventus is a well managed side financially that doesn't spend itself into trouble.

tbh its difficult to know what we can afford right now as the club had seemed priced out of top talent for a while ( we don't have the revenue of top EPL or La Liga sides) but just recently we have spent giant sums on Higuain and CR7. You can also see the massive wages we are now giving out to numerous players so maybe this year we do have that kind of money :boh: Nobody saw the sort of expenditure we put towards Ronaldo coming.
I would think that the addition of Ronaldo would've given the team a boost in terms of revenue as well. Even if we add De Ligt and say Ndombele or SMS instead of Pogba that would be 2 massive upgrades to the club. Who would you prefer building around long term between Dybala and Pogba if given the choice?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I would think that the addition of Ronaldo would've given the team a boost in terms of revenue as well. Even if we add De Ligt and say Ndombele or SMS instead of Pogba that would be 2 massive upgrades to the club. Who would you prefer building around long term between Dybala and Pogba if given the choice?
Sure the Ronaldo signing was made to increase revenue but I am not sure how soon that increased revenue will be offsetting the massive costs. Even if we expect a return we still have to be cautious about FFP in the short term so we don't end up like City or Milan.

Despite their talent I would not commit to building a team around either of those players.

May 25, 2019

Sure the Ronaldo signing was made to increase revenue but I am not sure how soon that increased revenue will be offsetting the massive costs. Even if we expect a return we still have to be cautious about FFP in the short term so we don't end up like City or Milan.

Despite their talent I would not commit to building a team around either of those players.
Who do you see as the core piece to build around once Ronaldo moves on?

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Front page of Tuttosport headlines that Juventus aren't only targeting de Ligt and Rabiot as they begin an assault for Chiesa. After having already agreed terms with the player, Juve now have a plan to convince Fiorentina's new ownership to sell their talent.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Didn’t Comisso just categorically go on record saying he won’t be selling Chiesa and they don’t need the money?

Wouldn’t be a good way to endear himself to the viola faithful, promise not to sell your best player, then suddenly fold when Juve come calling. Added to the fact he’s a Juventino....

There are too many expensive names being linked, before we see these players were going to need to make a couple of sales, I hope we don’t start ignoring FFP.

Cuadrado, Khedira, Cancelo, Mandzukic & Higuain need to move on first.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Didn’t Comisso just categorically go on record saying he won’t be selling Chiesa and they don’t need the money?

Wouldn’t be a good way to endear himself to the viola faithful, promise not to sell your best player, then suddenly fold when Juve come calling. Added to the fact he’s a Juventino....

There are too many expensive names being linked, before we see these players were going to need to make a couple of sales, I hope we don’t start ignoring FFP.

Cuadrado, Khedira, Cancelo, Mandzukic & Higuain need to move on first.
When did he say that?

Anyway if we dont get him this year we will get him next year - My only fear is the price that will surely rise..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)