Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (122 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
You are insulting Claudio here.. The Marchisio of 2009-2015 is way better than Ramsey.. I m not saying Ramsey is not good, but not good enough as a starter when you want to win the CL.. There are at least 5 teams with better players at those positions..
You do know you are saying this because you are a biased fan...
Marchisio of 2015 was prime Marchisio and I agree he had an exceptional year!
09-14 he was very good but so is Ramsey.
Ramsey is not the player who will get you a CL by his own but he is a very good player who can pass defend show leadership and be a good team player - In that way he reminds Marchisio a lot!

Just as you state Marchisio is way better at Arsenal they would say Ramsey is better while the truth is somewhere in the middle..

As for starter vs sub - Ramsey should be used in a rotation system - and he will definitely be used that way given his injuries...
I expect our usual lineup to be Pogba Pjanic Ramsey/Matuidi and you could see Bentancur appearing from time to time (especially when we rest Pjanic)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
You are insulting Claudio here.. The Marchisio of 2009-2015 is way better than Ramsey.. I m not saying Ramsey is not good, but not good enough as a starter when you want to win the CL.. There are at least 5 teams with better players at those positions..

About James, that would be the missing link between Midfield and Attack.. Imagine a diamant formation with selling Pjanic, Khedira and Matuidi..

-------------Fernandes---------------
Barella------------------Ramsey
-----------James------------------

Or Berna instead of Ramsey.
Nope. Underestimating Ramsey imo.

And nope, we're not buying 3 more starting midfielders. lol...

CroAlex

Apr 26, 2019
Hi, first post here, been reading for a long time though.

About midfield, looks like we are interested in buying Junior Traore (Empoli). Watched a couple of games this season, looks pretty decent for his age&price, anybody watched him more?

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

About James, that would be the missing link between Midfield and Attack.. Imagine a diamant formation with selling Pjanic, Khedira and Matuidi..

-------------Fernandes---------------
Barella------------------Ramsey
-----------James------------------

Or Berna instead of Ramsey.
Fernandes as Bruno Fernandes? Good player but I think he is more suited for a weaker league than Italy.
Barella good player but 50M?! please..
Ramsey is already ours..
James will be a great player but did you just put him as a regista?

Also thats not even 3 new midfielders its 4... Ramsey might be ours be he is a new signing...

- - - Updated - - -

Juventus want De Ligt together with Chiellini next season. [Sky]
Both of them together will create a serious wall.
Be patient with De Ligt if we get him as he makes mistakes from time to time but he is very young and incredibly good - He will easily become the best in the world in the future:
Now: Chiellini De Ligt
Future (hopefully): Demiral De Ligt

- - - Updated - - -

if you sell Khedira and Matuidi and bring in 2 of the ones they're talking about ye we would
Balance... its not just names..

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, first post here, been reading for a long time though.

About midfield, looks like we are interested in buying Junior Traore (Empoli). Watched a couple of games this season, looks pretty decent for his age&price, anybody watched him more?
How much is his cost?

Strickland

May 17, 2019
if you sell Khedira and Matuidi and bring in 2 of the ones they're talking about ye we would
bringing a whole new midfield and a new coach is crazy though, whether it's Pep or Sarri, you leave him nothing to build on as midfield is the spine of the team and movements in different phases.

that's an overhaul comparable to the one Juve did when Conte arrived, only this time the expectations are much higher and we didn't finish 7th twice and it makes less sense to completely overhaul the midfield of a winning team

Last edited:

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
bringing a whole new midfield and a new coach is crazy though, whether it's Pep or Sarri, you leave him nothing to build on as midfield is the spine of the team and movements in different phases.

that's an overhaul comparable to the one Juve did when Conte arrived, only this time the expectations are much higher and we didn't finish 7th twice and it makes less sense to completely overhaul the midfield of a winning team
well Khedira is still a player?
and Matuidi is it a core member of our midfield?

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
In Passing the ball.. And he was very important for Andrea Pirlo.. Also the best midfielder against barca in the cl final.
and you base that on real stats I guess..
2015 both had 86% pass competion
Both had 6 assists
So pass wise they are equal at best as this was Marchisio`s best season...

Anyway Marchisio has a crazy stamina

- - - Updated - - -

12-14M as reported, would be good investment.
Could be loaned to Sassuolo though after purchase.
Indeed

Last edited:

Strickland

May 17, 2019
well Khedira is still a player?
and Matuidi is it a core member of our midfield?
I dislike Khedira a lot and I think we should've replaced him years ago not upped his salary and renewed him, however he has played over a 100 games for a winning Juve and, if injury free, can provide stability.

And Matuidi definitely is a core member of our midfield, if you look at just mids in 17/18 he was 2nd behind Pjanič in minutes played, 18/19 he was 1st

CosmoX

Mar 18, 2019
Whoever is the coach, we should not be starting Mandzukic anymore. Ideally, sell him along with Khedira.
Buy Pogba and De Ligt and a striker who can replace Mandzu. Since there are not that many strikers around, I'd guess it would be Higuain. Which is fine. Or someone younger.
James is basically without a squad, so let's see on that front.. maybe Fabio is on it already.

I love Mandzu but for the love of god.. we need more goals, not more defensive work.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Whoever is the coach, we should not be starting Mandzukic anymore. Ideally, sell him along with Khedira.
Buy Pogba and De Ligt and a striker who can replace Mandzu. Since there are not that many strikers around, I'd guess it would be Higuain. Which is fine. Or someone younger.
James is basically without a squad, so let's see on that front.. maybe Fabio is on it already.

I love Mandzu but for the love of god.. we need more goals, not more defensive work.
Well if its Sarri or Pep you can kiss goodbye attackers that defend more, attack less.

CosmoX

Mar 18, 2019
Well if its Sarri or Pep you can kiss goodbye attackers that defend more, attack less.
It's the one thing I'm looking forward to regardless of the coach. Agnelli made it clear himself we need a change in playing style too. He knows this shit doesn't cut it in Europe anymore.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
It's the one thing I'm looking forward to regardless of the coach. Agnelli made it clear himself we need a change in playing style too. He knows this shit doesn't cut it in Europe anymore.
Yeah - two finals lost in a couple years is a kick in the nuts and at least it woke Agnelli up because Max sure couldn't take a fucking hint that things needed a change.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006

5 goals under Sarri this year and he's getting old. Not an ideal replacement for Mandzukic. At least he can provide some physical presence lower down the field when needed, but then again he's pretty useless in front of goal as well.
And with Pogba and De Ligt, its either one or the other. This year we either prioritize our mediocre midfield or boost our ageing back line. If we want Pogba, we'll need to sacrifice a name or two. Most likely Costa or Dybala. De Ligt shouldn't be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 121)