Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (104 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
The guy who said trophies dont matter lol? Yea he will be real popular here
And he was absolutely right in context. The choice is obvious between FA cup or any other useless domestic cup vs top 4 finish.
Pep started De Bruyne in a FA cup semifinal, and 4 days later brought him off the bench in 89th minute in a CL semifinal seemingly because he was injured. Pochettino has consistently performed beyond expectations.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
I actually thought of you.

We're probably selling a couple of our players too. If we could sell Rugani that would be great as well. Nothing against Rugani as a backup, but he gets paid too much for a backup right now.
We won't sell Rugani because we have Barzagli and Caceres leaving while Benatia already left.

First of all, everybody need to calm down. We have won the scudetto by a huge margin and were eliminated in the 1/4 CL struggling with an injury crisis, it's not like we need a total overhaul. I think we need to add a CM (Zaniolo + Ramsey) and a CB (ideally De Ligt or Varane but Alderweireld or Manolas for cheap would also do). It's less than 100mln.

As I mentioned before, we should not exclude the possibility of shipping some of our players to fund some other acquisitions but first you need to receive good offers. People assuming other clubs will throw themselves at Dybala for 100mln or Costa 60mln are deluded.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2,593
    I actually thought of you.

We won't sell Rugani because we have Barzagli and Caceres leaving while Benatia already left.

First of all, everybody need to calm down. We have won the scudetto by a huge margin and were eliminated in the 1/4 CL struggling with an injury crisis, it's not like we need a total overhaul. I think we need to add a CM (Zaniolo + Ramsey) and a CB (ideally De Ligt or Varane but Alderweireld or Manolas for cheap would also do). It's less than 100mln.

As I mentioned before, we should not exclude the possibility of shipping some of our players to fund some other acquisitions but first you need to receive good offers. People assuming other clubs will throw themselves at Dybala for 100mln or Costa 60mln are deluded.
    I thought you respected me more than that. :sad:

Mar 3, 2014
    Bullshit, he was our best player last season.
    His problem is consistency. And this year he had even less of it than previous years. He plays 1/2 the season at a 9 and 1/2 the season at a 5.5.

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine being a juventus fan for years and unironically believing this.
    You want offensive, make a play for Guardiola. Cities gotta be questioning itself as well. Maybe it's feasible, but it would also have to come with a complete overhaul of the squad.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    Gazzetta reports that Partici will start with the renewal of Moise Kean, who's been in red-hot form for the Bianconeri as of late. With potential suitors lining up, it's no surprise that the Turin side are looking to lock him down.

The Bianconeri have also identified Dybala and Douglas Costa as two possible departures; two sales they are working to materialize. The most probable arrival, on the other hand, is Fiorentina's Federico Chiesa, though he wouldn't be cheap.
    Wow. Totally underwhelming. Chiesa should not be a priority at all. Fix the mess in midfield and defense first. Selling both Dybala and Costa to get a Chiesa in return is like trading in your Maserati and Nissan GTR for a Fiat Punto.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 101)