Summer Mercato Thread 2019-20 (69 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
Talent wise we should have got him 10 years ago.. Mental wise is where the problem lies..
The dude is just mental and no matter how you trying to defend him you just cant..
The dude went to a concert without informing his club and then posted a pic on Instagram... The guy pisses on boots in the locker room...
Put that aside - He is one of those players I really wanted to see in our shirt..

Also just think of the risk - Kean sees him as the player he likes the most so he could have a negative influence on him...

I guess Kean is our Balotelli now and a not a mental one...

- - - Updated - - -

First of all I havent seen you post in a month now I think so - Welcome back
Second Barella is a very good player but he is certainly no Vidal..
Third - IMO Barella`s market value exceeds his real value because he is Italian and Italy dont have too many good young midfielders...
Barella for 20M is a no brainer but I`d definitely skip on a 50M Barella...

- - - Updated - - -

Actually both would be good deals..
Zaniolo is young and talented
Manolas could fill our void in defense
While both would take a lower wage than Higuain so you basically get what you need and ship what you dont need + save some wages
You wont get barella for 20m, but a 35m-40m imo its a resonable price. There arent many good midfielders like him in the market, let alone italian ones. He will be the perfect matuidi replacement + he has a goal in him as well. will suit the box to box role with bentancur and pjanic and others we buy.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
People are seriously underrating Matuidi. It's kinda similar to Mandzukic. I guess you just don't see what he offers the team?

That being said, I would welcome Barella here. We need more midfielders who have an eye for goal. That is something not offered by Matuidi the lot.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
People are seriously underrating Matuidi. It's kinda similar to Mandzukic. I guess you just don't see what he offers the team?

That being said, I would welcome Barella here. We need more midfielders who have an eye for goal. That is something not offered by Matuidi the lot.
Matuidi is massively underrated here but not over the last two months - In the last two months Matuidi was terrible.. Same goes for Bentancur..
(Atletico game an exception all played like animals)

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Unrelated but,

Raphaël Varane has already told Real Madrid he wants to leave the club this summer for a new challenge. (Source: @JLSanchez78)

Apr 29, 2006
Unrelated but,

Raphaël Varane has already told Real Madrid he wants to leave the club this summer for a new challenge. (Source: @JLSanchez78)
That's interesting on many levels. Why would he want to leave for once?

Anyway he would be EPL bound. Liverpool should be all over this after they sell their croat.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Or maybe he sees optimal time to jump ship considering 3x CL already and the club seems to be entering some unknown territory with no long term coach, no Ronaldo, Ramos feuding with mgmt other players ageing etc.

Apr 29, 2006
Nothing is impossible, but very hard to see the light at the end of this tunnel. Zidane with an open purse, Home-Grown player, 1st team starter (?), going to be most experienced defender in RM soon...

Smells like a Zidane issue to me. He doesn't see him marshalling the defense or isn't happy with something. In any case he has the last word imho on this subject.

Moreover that Militao(?) guy isn't going to cut it in that case for RM's 'galactico' policy. Koulibaly or another big rotation incoming after this bombshell.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Smells like a Zidane issue to me. He doesn't see him marshalling the defense or isn't happy with something.
He`s not wrong though, Zidane. Most people here rate Varane as a top 3 center back and a world class player, which is far from incorrect of course and yet there are two Varanes - the one playing next to Ramos and the one without Ramos. The one with Ramos is a solid, top player, but when Ramos is not on the field, Varane is nervous, erratic, not a leader and doesnt make an impression of a 100mil player. Games vs us in Madrid from last season and Ajax from this season comes to mind, then after quick check Real lost two more games this season with only Varane playing (without Sergio Ramos) - away to Leganes and away to CSKA Moscow, Leganes game was a return-leg in Copa Del Rey where Real have won 3:0 at home though, so not that important. If Ramos is to be axed then I can understand if Zidane doesnt see Varane as the pillar and the leader of his defense or at least have some doubts.

What I`m saying is that Varane is a good player, a good defender, but he`s more of a Bonucci than a Chiellini in my eyes. With that being said, I wouldnt turn him down, if there is a real chance to sign Varane, yeah, go for it. His game and his skills will improve even more in this Juventus, he`s awesome when he`s next to a solid, commanding center-back, our captain is like that and he isnt going anywhere.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
He`s not wrong though, Zidane. Most people here rate Varane as a top 3 center back and a world class player, which is far from incorrect of course and yet there are two Varanes - the one playing next to Ramos and the one without Ramos. The one with Ramos is a solid, top player, but when Ramos is not on the field, Varane is nervous, erratic, not a leader and doesnt make an impression of a 100mil player. Games vs us in Madrid from last season and Ajax from this season comes to mind, then after quick check Real lost two more games this season with only Varane playing (without Sergio Ramos) - away to Leganes and away to CSKA Moscow, Leganes game was a return-leg in Copa Del Rey where Real have won 3:0 at home though, so not that important. If Ramos is to be axed then I can understand if Zidane doesnt see Varane as the pillar and the leader of his defense or at least have some doubts.

What I`m saying is that Varane is a good player, a good defender, but he`s more of a Bonucci than a Chiellini in my eyes. With that being said, I wouldnt turn him down, if there is a real chance to sign Varane, yeah, go for it. His game and his skills will improve even more in this Juventus, he`s awesome when he`s next to a solid, commanding center-back, our captain is like that and he isnt going anywhere.
Would you agree to say Romero is more of a Chiellini?
We need a "new Chiellini" more than a "new Bonucci".

james95

Sep 2, 2018
Nothing is impossible, but very hard to see the light at the end of this tunnel. Zidane with an open purse, Home-Grown player, 1st team starter (?), going to be most experienced defender in RM soon...

Smells like a Zidane issue to me. He doesn't see him marshalling the defense or isn't happy with something. In any case he has the last word imho on this subject.

Moreover that Militao(?) guy isn't going to cut it in that case for RM's 'galactico' policy. Koulibaly or another big rotation incoming after this bombshell.
Him and Zidane have a good relationship though. Zidane recently came out today saying that he's one of the most important players in the squad and that he's heard nothing from Varane himself about wanting to leave and he intends to have the frenchman at the core of his new project.

Note: Zidane was the man who scouted Varane in France and urged Madrid to sign him back in 2011.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Would you agree to say Romero is more of a Chiellini?
We need a "new Chiellini" more than a "new Bonucci".
A bit early to tell, but sure, we can find some similarities between them. What makes an instant impression when watching Romero is that he is a very, very agressive player. He is talented, he is tall, he is strong(ish), he is a good header and likes to go closer to the center of the pitch, trying for every ball on the second floor and etc, but damn, he is agressive. That is very good but there is a thin line between agressive/hard/tough and stupid/reckless, for example the Madzukic situation that was discussed here - regardless of the referee`s decision what Romero did was stupid and reckless, it was a clear foul, it was a clear push and it was a penalty with Romero already having one yellow from the 2nd minute of the game (and with scoreline 0:0). That situation could and should have costed Genoa the game and Romero should have been granted an early shower. But those things can be eliminated from a defender`s game, is there a sane person who can say that Chiellini never did anything stupid and reckless? The first time we played Monaco, when we eliminated them 1:0 on aggregate, when he was outran by someone and he fell on the pitch and stopped the ball with his hand, a different referee could have given him a straight red and since it was in the very begining of the match could have meant bye-bye and game over, Juve! Everyone is capable of making an occasional brainfart once in a while...

What I meant by "more of a Bonucci than a Chiellini" was that "a Chiellini" would be a top dog wherever he plays, no matter who his partner or partners is/are - he would perform, he would deliver, he would organize, he would command, he would keep everyone in line (he and the goalkeeper ofc). "A Bonucci" is a good player, awesome when paired with a born winner and a leader on the field and not that good, decisive, comfortable and secure when that partner is not around and he himself needs to step-up and be the one calling the shots. I still see the 25 year-old Varane as more of the Bonucci type, yet the 30 year-old Varane can be the captain and leader of a record-breaking, winning everything team and command the rock-solid defence around him, who`s to say what will happen 5 years from now? A 20 year-old Romero would need time to follow the steps of Chiellini and fantasy Varane, but so far it looks promising. I like him, to be a great defender you also have to be some kind of an asshole and a prick, a pain in the ass, only skills and intelligence is not enough.

Apr 29, 2006
Him and Zidane have a good relationship though. Zidane recently came out today saying that he's one of the most important players in the squad and that he's heard nothing from Varane himself about wanting to leave and he intends to have the frenchman at the core of his new project.

Note: Zidane was the man who scouted Varane in France and urged Madrid to sign him back in 2011.
Yeah, I knew most of this stuff, that's why I was bedazzled.

Anyway Zidane went out and said he doesn't want to sell him. If it's Perez/Board friction its great for us. Not even the first transfer window and ZZ has issues with RM board.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Manure fans on Pogba after their defeat to Wolves today

Genuine question, is he our worst player over the course of last 6 or 7 games?
If the performance Pogba has just delivered was by anyone else they would be crucified! I have never seen such a heartless, gutless and downright lazy performance from a Utd player in a very long time. The complete antithesis of a team player!
The French Mesut Ozil
He's a prick who prances about like he's the greatest player to have ever lived.
He's going to leave and at this stage it doesn't really matter. We are going to finish 6th and we are capable of competing at that also ran level without him.
@Orgut :klin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 55)