Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (38 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
I haven't seen Kovacic much, but he seems more like a Pjanic replacement, rather than someone who can play alongside him. I really wanna see Dybala - CR7 - Costa up front; so we need capable mids who can win hearers too; don't know how good Kovacic is in that area of the game. Pogba seems like perfect; good passer, good pushing forward and I remember him making sliding and standing tackles to win back the ball and then charge up front. If he's impossible, than rather go for someone of his ability.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I like lolzillians but he's not the guy I had in mind :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Haven't seen him too much, a couple of dozens minutes at WC... He seems like an limited offensive version of Vidal. Kante - Pjanic - Matuidi would be too defensive IMO and who will push forward, maybe Pjanic but then he'd go past his regista role. Kovacic - Pjanic - Matuidi seems too soft as far as I can judge Kova.
Different player then Vidal. Doesn’t have the same offensive tools but he’s quicker, more agile and a better dribbler then Vidal. He is great at protecting the ball on presses and start counter attacks. His engine is also insane. But yeah he won’t
Create the same offense as Vidal.

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
Barcelona is complete **** at buying players. When they buy players outright they spend insane amounts. Or they just wait until another team has a done deal and vultures off it.That opening offer for Man U if true is just an indication of a club that no longer knows what it is doing.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Thursday will be a key day as that is when the EPL transfer window shuts.

In terms of mids we know:

Kovacic - wants to leave
Modric - wants to leave
Pogba - wants to leave
SMS - Ok to stay but flexible
Pjanic - Ok to stay but flexible - new agent pushing to leave or get a better contract.
Rabiot - 1 year left on contract, if he leaves it will be this year

My sense is that by Thursday the ball will start rolling on a few of these transfers.

My gut feel though is that Juventus will stay put and not get involved unless there is a great opportunity.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Hopefully we will not regret that we didn't add any other CM besides Can.
Our midfield is not TOP level to aim for the CL imo.
But we can hope right...

Forza Juve!!

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Thursday will be a key day as that is when the EPL transfer window shuts.

In terms of mids we know:

Kovacic - wants to leave
Modric - wants to leave
Pogba - wants to leave
SMS - Ok to stay but flexible
Pjanic - Ok to stay but flexible - new agent pushing to leave or get a better contract.
Rabiot - 1 year left on contract, if he leaves it will be this year

My sense is that by Thursday the ball will start rolling on a few of these transfers.

My gut feel though is that Juventus will stay put and not get involved unless there is a great opportunity.
Isnt he going to extend?! I read that PSG decided to present a good offer and he might renew

- - - Updated - - -

Tuttosport says Marotta works hard to secure Chiesa, Rabiot and La Gumina for 2019.

Antonino La Gumina, what a great name, potentially more shirts sold than Ronaldo. Besides, looking just as young Maxi Lopez, he should be offered 10M just for banging Wanda :lol:
Who is that?

- - - Updated - - -

Thiago would be a great pick up if we sell Pjanic.

Pogba-Thiago-Can would be an excellent MF.
NO!
Wouldnt mind Pogba though :D

Anyway our mercato is done so no need to suggest names
EPL window closes in days so anyone from EPL is unrealistic
Thiago might be possible but not worth it IMO
SMS is the only big profile left and Lolito being the clown that he is.. is asking for too much and maybe it doesnt matter anymore as we seemed to be done

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
No PL move for Sturaro

Juventus’ Stefano Sturaro will not be completing a transfer to the Premier League, with the Old Lady’s €20m valuation 'too much’ for the clubs interested.

The 25-year-old has been linked with a number of teams in England’s top-flight, with Newcastle, West Ham, Crystal Palace, Leicester and Wolves all rumoured to have been keen on securing his services.

However, Gazzetta dello Sport claims the Uruguayan will not be moving to any of those clubs – all of whom have been put off by Juve’s asking price.

And with the English transfer deadline coming in just two days time, it appears unlikely anyone will revive their interest.

Instead, the Italian daily states Sturaro is most likely to secure a loan move to Genoa for the season ahead.

Bianconeri Coach Max Allegri is thought to be a fan of the midfielder and considers him a useful option when rotating his squad.

However, with the level of competition for first team football at Juve, the club understand Sturaro’s ambitions to secure a regular starting berth elsewhere.

As such, they are prepared to allow him to leave temporarily - although they are keen to retain him outright given his relatively young age and usefulness to the squad.

20 mil. :sergio:
Football-italia on drogs.They made Stu, Uruguayan.Prety insightful piece of journalism.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
No PL move for Sturaro

Juventus’ Stefano Sturaro will not be completing a transfer to the Premier League, with the Old Lady’s €20m valuation ‘too much’ for the clubs interested.

The 25-year-old has been linked with a number of teams in England’s top-flight, with Newcastle, West Ham, Crystal Palace, Leicester and Wolves all rumoured to have been keen on securing his services.

However, Gazzetta dello Sport claims the Uruguayan will not be moving to any of those clubs – all of whom have been put off by Juve’s asking price.

And with the English transfer deadline coming in just two days time, it appears unlikely anyone will revive their interest.

Instead, the Italian daily states Sturaro is most likely to secure a loan move to Genoa for the season ahead.

Bianconeri Coach Max Allegri is thought to be a fan of the midfielder and considers him a useful option when rotating his squad.

However, with the level of competition for first team football at Juve, the club understand Sturaro’s ambitions to secure a regular starting berth elsewhere.

As such, they are prepared to allow him to leave temporarily - although they are keen to retain him outright given his relatively young age and usefulness to the squad.

20 mil. :sergio:
why loan him to Genoa, why not to EPL? we'd easily get the 20m we're asking if he had a decent season in EPL and more if he had a good one

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Few headlines:

- According to Il Messaggero, Juventus will probably include Cuadrado in the deal for Milinkovic-Savic.
- Pjanic’s agent will try to find an agreement with Juventus for the salary of Miralem on the basis of €6m/yr. (GdS)
- Palermo have an advantage over Sassuolo in the race to sign Clemenza on loan. (Sportitalia)
- Genoa has asked Juventus for Sturaro, they want him on loan with a buy-option. (GdS)

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
Few headlines:

- According to Il Messaggero, Juventus will probably include Cuadrado in the deal for Milinkovic-Savic.
- Pjanic’s agent will try to find an agreement with Juventus for the salary of Miralem on the basis of €6m/yr. (GdS)
- Palermo have an advantage over Sassuolo in the race to sign Clemenza on loan. (Sportitalia)
- Genoa has asked Juventus for Sturaro, they want him on loan with a buy-option. (GdS)
Cuads nooooooo :cry:

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Few headlines:

what's his market value being a 30yo winger who's losing his explosiveness, 30m? don't think that brings down the ridiculous price of SMS to a level we can afford, we'd still need to pay at least 60m to accompany Juan. would suck losing him, one of my favorite Juve players, but of course our mid really needs someone like SMS.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
what's his market value being a 30yo winger who's losing his explosiveness, 30m? don't think that brings down the ridiculous price of SMS to a level we can afford, we'd still need to pay at least 60m to accompany Juan. would suck losing him, one of my favorite Juve players, but of course our mid really needs someone like SMS.
The reported reason of offloading him is not the price. They say we are having a problem with too big squad. We have to sell one not homegrown player in order to buy a new one (and its after we already sell Pjaca and Sturaro), otherwise there is no place for the new player. Dont know if its true though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)