Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (92 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Reports say that he offered himself to Napoli not the other way around.
Please.. Napoli? No freaking way. Even Ronaldo knows he can't carry a team all alone. Joining Napoli with so many unproven players, let alone levels below his own? No freaking way. We're the only club who could take him in Italy. Other than us, I believe Mourinho is bitter right now. He would've given Utd the Premier League IMO.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 19, 2007
everyone calling our mid medicore, when pjanic and khedira took us to CL finals. Matuidi is a world cup champion as a starter, and Can was pools starting DM that took them to CL finals

but yeah this is medicore. GTFO
I agree our mid is not mediocre. Actually quite good but I do feel like we are missing someone that can create magic consistantly. I hope Pjanic will be able to do this with Can and Matuidi this season. Pogba would be incredible though but I dont see us having Pogba Matuidi Pjanic and Can as well as Bentancur and whoever else

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I expect a super competive team to adress the one glaring weakness it has? Its not unreasonable, and it doesnt have to be record sums only to address it, even if the market is crazy inflated right now.
This feels like the reversed convo we had before CR7 transfer details got leaked. Truth is, we just poor and thats why Beppe only buys quality with a discount. It seems that he saw in Cancelo the plusvalenza no mifielder on market can provide and decided to fix RB instead of mid.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Please.. Napoli? No freaking way. Even Ronaldo knows he can't carry a team all alone. Joining Napoli with so many unproven players, let alone levels below his own? No freaking way. We're the only club who could take him in Italy. Other than us, I believe Mourinho is bitter right now. He would've given Utd the Premier League IMO.
The only thing I’ve seen is that ADL called Mendes. That’s not quite the same as Ronaldo offering himself to Napoli.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
everyone calling our mid medicore, when pjanic and khedira took us to CL finals. Matuidi is a world cup champion as a starter, and Can was pools starting DM that took them to CL finals

but yeah this is medicore. GTFO

and no to Godin and marcelo.

enough of over 30+ players. ronaldo is an exception,

but we now have too many important on over 30+. Mario, ronaldo, higgy, killini, benatia, marchisio, matuidi, khedira,cuadrado

build for the future, not for the retirement home.
Well A.Sandro is probably leaving for PSG so who do you suggest we take?
Godin is instead of Benatia and not so older than him..

and maybe.. De Ligt for the future

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Midfield will be better than most think.

While Can is only slightly better than Khedira, he's better in key areas where we lacked: passing and ball-winning.

Pjanic was the only starting mid who could pass. Matuidi and Sturaro the only ones who could tackle, and Sturaro being poor meant Matuidi rarely got a rest.

An additional decent B2B will make a big diff in terms of fatigue.

But ofc it's not ideal. We need a WC CM for it to be. If it stays as is, it just won't be Achilles' heel (well, that and RB) like last season.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Midfield will be better than most think.

While Can is only slightly better than Khedira, he's better in key areas where we lacked: passing and ball-winning.

Pjanic was the only starting mid who could pass. Matuidi and Sturaro the only ones who could tackle, and Sturaro being poor meant Matuidi rarely got a rest.

An additional decent B2B will make a big diff in terms of fatigue.

But ofc it's not ideal. We need a WC CM for it to be. If it stays as is, it just won't be Achilles' heel (well, that and RB) like last season.
I dont want to be too greedy so I`ll "let" Marotta choose this one from Pogba SMS and Rabiot (Yes I placed them in order of my wish list)

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Rugani leaving has to be the dumbest rumor of this mercato. But if journos can repeatedly write these rumors and get away with it with a large number of fans buying them, you can hardly put all the blame on them.

After CR7 transfer I actually started believing it might be possible with so many Rugani to Chelsea "reports," but thanks to goodness. Would've been a poor decision on our part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 91)