Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
then again, what did you expect, Juve going balls out in the Ronaldo transfer (after we've already brought Cancelo, Can, Perin) and also splashing extra on midfield? Juventus has always had very clear limits and our spending this summer has exceeded anything I'd imagined we'd do
@lgorTudor :touched:

but yeah, we might be asking for too much here

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
i agree, but this is the 3rd straight mercato we wanted our midfield upgraded, what did Marotta do? get us Matuidi and Emre Can. thats it. so either hes incompetent, or they (Max & management) dont see it as such a big issue as we do. needless to say, Max rates Khedira highly. i expect a decline next season and him being sold after the season (expected the same this season, but nothing seems to happen), with Emre Can taking his role. his spot will go to the "Matuidi replacement" who will get eased in same way as Can is about, so we sell Matuidi in summer of 2020. is it the right way and will it pay off? i cant tell you that, but this seems to be the plan from what i gather seeing how the mercato unfolds

Szczesny, Perin, Pinsoglio
Benatia, Chiellini, Rugani*, Caldara, Barzagli
Alex Sandro, Cancelo, Spinazzola*, De Sciglio, Cuadrado
Pjanic, Khedira, Matuidi, Can, Marchisio, Sturaro, Bentancur
Ronaldo, Dybala, Higuain, Mandzukic, Bernardeschi, Douglas Costa

players in bold are club trained
* only for Serie A, not for CL

this is 26 players, so we are already over the squad limit, meaning one has to leave (Higuain). now any outgoing transfer means you have to replace the position youre weakening, unless its one of those 4 bolded ones. Alex Sandro leaves, we need a LB. Benatia leaves, we need a CB. i thought Khedira will leave and we will get SMS/Golovin, but seems Sami is staying another year, so we are kinda stuck.

also, from what i wrote above, we will have only 2 club trained players for CL, so 2 will have to be Lichtsteinerd from the list. or sold, reducing the squad to 23 players
Yeah everyone staying seems unlikely for new signing. Expect Sturaro and Spinazzola to miss out on CL list for obvious reasons.

Seriously tho, we gonne be soooooooooo mediocre in midfield again, unless this guy has a massively direct impact off the bat, as in you know, play over a Khedira who doesnt tackle, intercept or even touch the ball enough? (Allegri likes his experience, but I doubt he likes the player perse, but he is working with what he got, its not like he chose him when he used to have Vidal and Pogba). Lets hope for lots of tackling, running and solid active passing from Emre Can. All our midfield improvement hopes will be on:

giphy.gif

@lgorTudor @DAiDEViL

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Szczesny, Perin, Pinsoglio
Benatia, Chiellini, Rugani*, Caldara, Barzagli
Alex Sandro, Cancelo, Spinazzola*, De Sciglio, Cuadrado
Pjanic, Khedira, Matuidi, Can, Marchisio, Sturaro, Bentancur
Ronaldo, Dybala, Higuain, Mandzukic, Bernardeschi, Douglas Costa

players in bold are club trained
* only for Serie A, not for CL

this is 26 players, so we are already over the squad limit, meaning one has to leave (Higuain). now any outgoing transfer means you have to replace the position youre weakening, unless its one of those 4 bolded ones. Alex Sandro leaves, we need a LB. Benatia leaves, we need a CB. i thought Khedira will leave and we will get SMS/Golovin, but seems Sami is staying another year, so we are kinda stuck.

also, from what i wrote above, we will have only 2 club trained players for CL, so 2 will have to be Lichtsteinerd from the list. or sold, reducing the squad to 23 players
Sturaro and one of Rugani/Spinazzola.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Yeah everyone staying seems unlikely for new signing. Expect Sturaro and Spinazzola to miss out on CL list for obvious reasons.

Seriously tho, we gonne be soooooooooo mediocre in midfield again, unless this guy has a massively direct impact off the bat, as in you know, play over a Khedira who doesnt tackle, intercept or even touch the ball enough? (Allegri likes his experience, but I doubt he likes the player perse, but he is working with what he got, its not like he chose him when he used to have Vidal and Pogba). Lets hope for lots of tackling, running and solid active passing from Emre Can. All our midfield improvement hopes will be on:

giphy.gif

@lgorTudor @DAiDEViL
ill give him until December-January till hes integrated, then he will start over Khedira. then Sami will leave in the summer. wages and the high agent fee aside, Can is a good player, and versatile as well. but we better have a chance at getting Pogba or SMS in a year, other areas are stacked now

- - - Updated - - -

Sturaro and one of Rugani/Spinazzola.
yep, most likely. MDs is a candidate as well, with Cuadra/Cancelo being his competition. maybe some injury will make the choice easier

but now that i saw Stus name, maybe selling him would give us a chance for atleast a semi decent mid, like Pellegrini/Praet or the likes. lets see

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
MDS will not miss out at all, since we do not have a backup LB, MDS will be that. Asamoah will be missed, since Spinazzola will be out injured for most of the year.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
The thought of upgrading Benatia to Godin for basically the same price is simply mind boggling
I'm a big Godin fan but he's going to be 33 years old in 6 months (for 25million) and not everyone is Ronaldo. We already see the drop in quality with killini and Barza so I'm not too excited with it now, I'd rather keep benatia unless we are buying a better younger player.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Higuain&Rugani 100M - Ronaldo 100M
Benatia 20M - Godin 20M
AS 60M - Marcelo 60M
Pogba... no idea, fire those Fiat workers from South Italy and sell some more kids. id settle for Golovin or Rabiot as well, if we dont get PP or SMS
No... Golovin is a talented player but not one who can help our midfield right now IMO
Rabiot would be great to have while Pogba is the ultimate win

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
MDS will not miss out at all, since we do not have a backup LB, MDS will be that. Asamoah will be missed, since Spinazzola will be out injured for most of the year.
Speaking of spinazzola, I hope the club gives him a proper introduction, like they did with all their other additions. They shouldn’t ignore him just because he’s injured, he’s a very good player who pushed to be here, and deserves it.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
everyone calling our mid medicore, when pjanic and khedira took us to CL finals. Matuidi is a world cup champion as a starter, and Can was pools starting DM that took them to CL finals

but yeah this is medicore. GTFO

and no to Godin and marcelo.

enough of over 30+ players. ronaldo is an exception,

but we now have too many important on over 30+. Mario, ronaldo, higgy, killini, benatia, marchisio, matuidi, khedira,cuadrado

build for the future, not for the retirement home.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
everyone calling our mid medicore, when pjanic and khedira took us to CL finals. Matuidi is a world cup champion as a starter, and Can was pools starting DM that took them to CL finals

but yeah this is medicore. GTFO
It’s not good enough to beat Madrid. That’s kind of the goal, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)