Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (27 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Golovin could be heading to Monaco
Monaco are good in raising talents so it might be good for him although I could see him growing at Chelsea.. I dont mention us because 1. We need a better stronger and readier player 2. I dont think we are that interested.. I mean for 20M yes who wouldnt but now that the price is 30M we might want to reserve it for a bigger profile

- - - Updated - - -

I guess he meant CF (Ronaldo`s sub)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Midfield will be better than most think.

While Can is only slightly better than Khedira, he's better in key areas where we lacked: passing and ball-winning.

Pjanic was the only starting mid who could pass. Matuidi and Sturaro the only ones who could tackle, and Sturaro being poor meant Matuidi rarely got a rest.

An additional decent B2B will make a big diff in terms of fatigue.

But ofc it's not ideal. We need a WC CM for it to be. If it stays as is, it just won't be Achilles' heel (well, that and RB) like last season.
People here have been praising and fapping over Naingollan for years, and talking about his Vidal-esque ball-winning, and his amazing tackling, defensive work, etc.

Radja:
17-18 = 1.6 tackles per game + 0.6 interceptions + 0.8 clearances per game
16-17 = 1.8 tackles per game + 1.0 interceptions + 0.7 clearances per game
15-16 = 1.8 tackles per game + 1.3 interceptions + 0.6 clearances per game

Emre Can:
17-18 = 2.6 tackles + 1.1 Interceptions + 1.2 clearances per game
16-17 = 2.1 tackles + 1.0 interception + 1.6 clearances per game
15-16 = 2.6 tackles + 2.1 interceptions + 1.4 clearances per game

@zizinho

Emre Can outclasses him easily in every single category related to ball winning. Now, don't get me wrong, Can is not at Radja level yet, as he doesn't match his overall game, Radja has a bit more to his all-around game. He's invented an offensive side over the past few years that is impressive, but he's done that by sacrificing the pitbull like ball-winner he was under Rudi Garcia and at Cagliari.

But this forum goes full retard underrating Can, just because some of the Germans here seem to hate him. He's not world class yet, but he's certainly a good CM, only 24 years old, so potential to improve further under a great coach like Allegri. Would I like another top reinforcement too? Yes. But our mid with Can + Pjanic and then Matuidi, Khedira, Bentancur, Marchisio in rotation is nowhere near as bad as some are suggesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Berna a CF backup? seems legit
:seven:

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
But this forum goes full retard underrating Can, just because some of the Germans here seem to hate him. He's not world class yet, but he's certainly a good CM, only 24 years old, so potential to improve further under a great coach like Allegri. Would I like another top reinforcement too? Yes. But our mid with Can + Pjanic and then Matuidi, Khedira, Bentancur, Marchisio in rotation is nowhere near as bad as some are suggesting.
This. So. Much.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
People here have been praising and rapping over Naingollan for years, and talking about his Vidal-esque ball-winning, and his amazing tackling, defensive work, etc.

Radja:

Emre Can:

@zizinho

Emre Can outclasses him easily in every single category related to ball winning. Now, don't get me wrong, Can is not at Radja level yet, as he doesn't match his overall game, Radja has a bit more to his all-around game. He's invented an offensive side over the past few years that is impressive, but he's done that by sacrificing the pitbull like ball-winner he was in under Rudi Garcia and at Cagliari.

- - - Updated - - -

Radja is in heavy decline, wont surprise me if Can surpasses him by 19/20, or even next season. still have reserves about the wages (only Ronaldo, Dybala, Costa have more at the moment) and agent fee (16M is not really a lot of money, but to an agent? meh), but Can as a player is one of the best midfielders in Italy already. now wait till Max drills the tactical sense into him, and Khedira mentors him to be prepared for the biggest games. he is in good hands.

- - - Updated - - -

Mandzukic not Berna
read the post pavluska quoted

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
People here have been praising and fapping over Naingollan for years, and talking about his Vidal-esque ball-winning, and his amazing tackling, defensive work, etc.

Radja:

Emre Can:

@zizinho

Emre Can outclasses him easily in every single category related to ball winning. Now, don't get me wrong, Can is not at Radja level yet, as he doesn't match his overall game, Radja has a bit more to his all-around game. He's invented an offensive side over the past few years that is impressive, but he's done that by sacrificing the pitbull like ball-winner he was under Rudi Garcia and at Cagliari.

- - - Updated - - -

The Germans hating him, is the best sign he is going to be a hugh succes here.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
It's not so much that Radja is overrated. It's that Can is underrated.

However, it should be pointed out that Can played some CB in those seasons and also played in a much more frenetic pace with Klopp. So his stats will be inflated a bit.

But then you think to yourself how many CMs exist that can be formidable in every challenge they go into but also send long ball after long ball and smash bicycle kicks in the top corner, and the list is probably smaller than you think.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

However, it should be pointed out that Can played some CB in those seasons and also played in a much more frenetic pace with Klopp. So his stats will be inflated a bit.

But then you think to yourself how many CMs exist that can be formidable in every challenge they go into but also send long ball after long ball and smash bicycle kicks in the top corner, and the list is probably smaller than you think.
its not just Klopp, its the EPL in general. much different pace in Italy

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
The Germans hating him, is the best sign he is going to be a hugh succes here.
You are wrong. Both lgor and i don't mind him, we just think it would be underwhelming if he's gonne be the only midfield reinforcement, and i doubt we are alone in that.

- - - Updated - - -

For every user underrating him, there is another user overrating him, just because.

I, for my part, am almost d'accord with what Enron thinks about him, the User who undoubtably has seen him more often than anyone else on here. But but stats!

still have reserves about the wages (only Ronaldo, Dybala, Costa have more at the moment) and agent fee (16M is not really a lot of money, but to an agent? meh)
This too.

Mar 3, 2014

Interesting points - another thing to note is that Can had almost 2x the tackles of Liverpool's top tackling centre back and led the team in tackles.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Interesting points - another thing to note is that Can had almost 2x the tackles of Liverpool's top tackling centre back and led the team in tackles.
Play him in a side like ours and witness the number of tackles go down drastically just because of how we play.

- - - Updated - - -

No gung ho back and forth like at Pool.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Juventus will get around €150m from selling Rugani & Higuain to Chelsea, Audero to Sampdoria, Pjaca to Fiorentina & Sturaro to Leicester City. (Rai)

- - - Updated - - -

PSG wants Alex Sandro & they are offering €40m. Juventus are asking for €60m. Marcelo is the main target if Alex leaves the club. (Rai)

Mar 3, 2014
Play him in a side like ours and witness the number of tackles go down drastically just because of how we play.

- - - Updated - - -

No gung ho back and forth like at Pool.
Definitely possible, but I was noting in comparison to other Liverpool players. He was Liverpool's top tackling player last year.

2017/18: #1 w/ Klopp (2.6 p/g)
2016/17: #4 w/Klopp (2.1 p/g)
2015/16: #5 w/ Rodgers & Klopp (2.6 p/g)
2014/15: #3 w/ Rodgers (2.9 p/g)
2013/14: #2 w/ Hyypiä & Lewandowski (2.6 p/g)

We had 13.6 tackles per game, the lowest in Serie A. Liverpool averaged 16.8. Even if you adjust it proportionately, ~80% of 2.6= 2.1, he would still be #2 behind Sandro.
Our top tacklers were:
-Sandro (2.2 per game)
-MDS (1.8 per game)
-Matuidi (1.5 who average 1.8 at PSG)

However, we haven't had a real ball - winner in midfield for a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)