Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (185 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
We don't need a Higuain replacement because we didn't/ don't need him to begin with. We must reverse the Higuain/ Pogba trade by investing whatever fee he generates into SMS. Dybala and Manzo are sufficient as forward lineup. If some money is left afterwards sign Motata. Martial is better but too expensive
yupp. i have my reservations about sms (replace an overpriced higuain with an overpriced sms...?), but i'm all in for a strong midfield. we have good keepers, good centre backs, brilliant fullbacks if we get cancelo and manage to motivate again that lazy fuck alex sandro, good wingers and strikers, it's the midfield that lacks some creative quality and muscle, even with pjanic on board. we never got our consolation for those pogba-vidal sales.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
The full on midfield approach didn't make us a CL winner either.
in berlin, we had a tevez-morata-llorente trio (not a completely midfield focused team at all), and we faced the last great barcelona side of the decade.

in cardiff, we had the weakest midfield of the last 7 years and we choked accordingly.

i think dybala, mandzu, costa, berna and cuadrado are good enough to fight for the cl. pjanic is fine, too. i'm not sure about emre can yet. but i'm almost positive that in 2019, you won't win the cl with either of khedira, matuidi, marchisio, bentancur and sturaro in the starting lineup.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
in berlin, we had a tevez-morata-llorente trio (not a completely midfield focused team at all), and we faced the last great barcelona side of the decade.

in cardiff, we had the weakest midfield of the last 7 years and we choked accordingly.

i think dybala, mandzu, costa, berna and cuadrado are good enough to fight for the cl. pjanic is fine, too. i'm not sure about emre can yet. but i'm almost positive that in 2019, you won't win the cl with either of khedira, matuidi, marchisio, bentancur and sturaro in the starting lineup.
In Berlin we had the best midfield we have had since 2006. We had Pirlo, Pogba, Marchisio and even Vidal in the starting 11.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
icemaη;5776590 said:
In Berlin we had the best midfield we have had since 2006. We had Pirlo, Pogba, Marchisio and even Vidal in the starting 11.
of course, absolutely. i'm just saying it wasn't a completely midfield focused team with tevez and morata (both great strikers, tevez was the best we had in the agnelli-marotta era) on board.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
We don't need a Higuain replacement because we didn't/ don't need him to begin with. We must reverse the Higuain/ Pogba trade by investing whatever fee he generates into SMS. Dybala and Manzo are sufficient as forward lineup. If some money is left afterwards sign Motata. Martial is better but too expensive
Specially cuz at the end it was Pipa = Paul + 15m after fat bastard took his huge slice

- - - Updated - - -

The idea that we need Pipa to win Serie A is just stupid and IMO our chances with Pipa on the field in a UCL final is like choker by choker

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
The best team we had in recent years was the one of 2015 - I have no doubt about it..
Midfield was near perfect with Tevez in attack and while Morata wasnt exactly the forward we want he was very clutch in CL..
We didnt win the CL with that team?! Thats because we faced a contender for the best team in history...
IMO our team of 2015 would have beaten Real`s 2017 (of course we would never really know that but we were really good that year)

Mongolan?! Beppe could do nothing as he said he doesnt want Juve so what can we do?!

Back to Juve - Martial seems like a transfer that wont happen - If Man Utd want 90M as reported I doubt they would accept a 50M-60M offer... Above that sum 1. He isnt worth it 2.We won`t pay it..

LAZIO ASKS 80 MILLION FOR THE SERBIAN: EVALUATION CONSIDERED EXCESSIVE BY THE BLAUGRANA (Calciomercato)
So.. from 150M to 80M? Something doesnt add up...
If the valuation is 80M we would have signed him by now... I guess the truth is at 100M..

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Agree the best team overall was 2015, but we lacked experience then. We were almost too happy to reach the final and only in the second half realized we can win it but went too far on the offensive and were punished by counter attacks.

My biggest what if about that season is what if Allegri came earlier and we signed De Bruyne from Chelsea. Conte said he was staying so we had other targets because he wanted to switch to 433 formation. If he said he's leaving immediately and we signed Allegri do we get De Bruyne for him for AMC since he played 4-3-1-2? Man...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 184)