Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (24 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Benatia said in quotes reported by France football: “Juve future? I have a ton of faith in Rudi Garcia and his staff.

“But I still have another two years of contract with Juventus.

“My focus is currently on the Fifa World Cup clearly.

“Once this is over, I will then focus on my future.

“Arsenal? I don’t want to talk about this at this moment in time. This is up to my agent…”

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Benatia said in quotes reported by France football: “Juve future? I have a ton of faith in Rudi Garcia and his staff.

“But I still have another two years of contract with Juventus.

“My focus is currently on the Fifa World Cup clearly.

“Once this is over, I will then focus on my future.

“Arsenal? I don’t want to talk about this at this moment in time. This is up to my agent…”
So he will stay for a year or two, and after that Beppe will terminate his contract and let him go for free to OM ala Llorente.

Apr 19, 2007
I'm guessing he's on vacation and doesn't want to deal with this. If he wants out, 1-2M won't change his ming IMO so stalling is kinda pointless.
1-2 mil a year raise? I think if he wants 4.5 then it definately makes a difference. Im not sure why there is no news but it could be hes on vacation or it could be that we are selling him and hes not signing bc hes going somewhere else

May 26, 2016
Morata is more of a Higuain replacement in terms of stracture - He would provide more physical threat but he is not Higuain so dont expect a clinical performances...
Physical Threat? are you high? He is one of the most fragile strikers around. Chelsea supporters have been angry and frustrated with him all season for being a complete pu$$y in physical duels. On top of that he has been whining and moaning to the ref like a baby

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Physical Threat? are you high? He is one of the most fragile strikers around. Chelsea supporters have been angry and frustrated with him all season for being a complete pu$$y in physical duels. On top of that he has been whining and moaning to the ref like a baby
Weird thing is he is a large guy with a seemingly strong frame. You would think he should be a physical threat but he just dives to the floor at every opportunity and gives up opportunities when should stay on his feet. Did that frequently when he was here.

Probably because he was taught to play football in Spain hence dive to the floor and play act at the slightest touch. Sure is annoying.

If he were 5'8 and 145 lbs it would make sense but he is absolutely physically capable of not being such a drama queen.

May 26, 2016
Weird thing is he is a large guy with a seemingly strong frame. You would think he should be a physical threat but he just dives to the floor at every opportunity and gives up opportunities when should stay on his feet. Did that frequently when he was here.

Probably because he was taught to play football in Spain hence dive to the floor and play act at the slightest touch. Sure is annoying.

If he were 5'8 and 145 lbs it would make sense but he is absolutely physically capable of not being such a drama queen.
Agreed. I really feel the idea of Re-signing Morata is attractive to Juve supporters, only because of some emotional romanticization. He was a nice prospect, scored some important goals, and did fairly well, but theres no way he is able to replace a striker like Higuain consistently throughout a season. Lets get real.

dyl1dyl

May 9, 2012
Agreed. I really feel the idea of Re-signing Morata is attractive to Juve supporters, only because of some emotional romanticization. He was a nice prospect, scored some important goals, and did fairly well, but theres no way he is able to replace a striker like Higuain consistently throughout a season. Lets get real.
yeah, frankly, id take Martial over him. Bigger impact player

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
So it seems Higgy is on his way out... realistically who are we looking at to replace him?

Lewa is of similar age and would cost more than we could sell Higgy for
Morata is not of the same standard
Martial is expensive and not really a CF
Icardi is probably a pipe dream

Who else is available?

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Manchester United want at least €90m for Anthony Martial. (Source: Calciomercato)
:lol:
So it seems Higgy is on his way out... realistically who are we looking at to replace him?

Who else is available?
That's a tough one.
Icardi probably out of reach because it's merda.
Morata not on the same level but probably the easiest target.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Compared to Martial... not compared to Cavani and etc...

- - - Updated - - -

Manchester United want at least €90m for Anthony Martial. (Source: Calciomercato)
Well he is keeping their bench warm isnt he.. If he leaves they will have to find another guy to warm their bench and good bench warmers arent cheap.. You dont want your bench to freeze...

- - - Updated - - -

Who else is available?
Lewa is the best of them all but isnt young
Icardi is young but honestly I dont think he is anything special - He is just a good finisher..

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015

Who else is available?
We don't need a Higuain replacement because we didn't/ don't need him to begin with. We must reverse the Higuain/ Pogba trade by investing whatever fee he generates into SMS. Dybala and Manzo are sufficient as forward lineup. If some money is left afterwards sign Motata. Martial is better but too expensive

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
We don't need a Higuain replacement because we didn't/ don't need him to begin with. We must reverse the Higuain/ Pogba trade by investing whatever fee he generates into SMS. Dybala and Manzo are sufficient as forward lineup. If some money is left afterwards sign Motata. Martial is better but too expensive
:agree:

Sign soem young talented muscle in a striker and go full on midfield.

Losing Higuain won't prevent us from winning Serie A, keeping Higuain won't make us a CL winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)