Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #12,283
    what did you expect?

we have been spending but not selling :D
    sell the youngsters with recompras
    and Sturaro with a clause that he can't join us ever.

- - - Updated - - -

can sell Benatia ONLY if Godin come here.
    If Rugani goes then get De Ligt.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
    Sep 21, 2008
    Romano says we already agreed personal terms with De Ligt but have to sell Rugani or Benatia. Most likely Benatia.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    Would be interesting to have cancelo, de ligt, sandro and Woj. To have some actual distribution out of defense instead of just side passes and long nalls to Mandzukic

Jul 13, 2010
    We do every transfer in installments. We are still paying for the transfers we've made in previous years so shouldnt that count in this year's budget too ?

Assembling a list this way atleast helps avoid the confusion and its less tedious for one.
    yeah i totally get it, thats how we and media will always count, as this is roughly correct and clears confusions, thats the way we should do, im just saying that its much more complex. Also I noticed how 'a transfer budget of xxx Mil' has slowly disappeared, looks like less and less clubs discloses things like that and we really don't know about transfer budgets. I also wonder if, lets say, after we will pay all the loans for stadium etc. we will have more money for wages or we will just gonna try to generate income to make shareholders happy. I would like to see juve's account books hehe

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    We do every transfer in installments. We are still paying for the transfers we've made in previous years so shouldnt that count in this year's budget too ?

Assembling a list this way atleast helps avoid the confusion and its less tedious for one.
    these lists wouldn't help too much, because the clubs don't really mind yearly transfer window balances and "net spends". i'll try to explain why.

as you mentioned, clubs pay in installments. that's one thing, and that would affect clubs' liquidity. but liquidity is only one financial aspect of a company, and tbh, it's far from being the most important aspect.

the more important thing is the books. as most of tuz people are aware, transfer fees and costs are spread over the contract period. you buy sms for 100m on a 5-year contract, that's 20m yearly cost. and that's more important than paying the guy in 2 or 4 installments, because this amortization goes in the books as a cost, and this would affect your yearly balance.

i don't mind transfer fees at all recently. which is important is the yearly cost: the club has a yearly budget, with a yearly financial report, yearly profit, you get the idea. and yearly cost for a player consist of the amortized part of the transfer fee (basically transfer fee/contract length) plus gross wages (~net wages x 2). in case of a renewed contract, the remaining book value of a player will be spread over the new contract period, so a prolongation might have a positive effect on the profit, even with improved wages. and with all that in mind, it's easy to understand why we extended jorge martinez's contract once it was about to expire and the club never expected to have the player in the squad.

also, ffp wouldn't care about yearly transfer balances either. ffp monitors 3-year cycles. those transfer window balances would only make sense for fans and journalists.

Apr 19, 2007
    Sandro not commiting seems a little suspicious to me. Could he be on the way out to fund SMS? He was thought to be out the door but I feel like the chatter stopped for a little bit. Maybe he will still leave but who really knows

Liviu

Jan 10, 2015
    Sandro not commiting seems a little suspicious to me. Could he be on the way out to fund SMS? He was thought to be out the door but I feel like the chatter stopped for a little bit. Maybe he will still leave but who really knows
    I'm guessing he's on vacation and doesn't want to deal with this. If he wants out, 1-2M won't change his ming IMO so stalling is kinda pointless.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)