Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (25 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
Am I the only one who feels any mercato where SMS isn't bought will be a huge missed opportunity. He would be a huge jump in quality from both a physical and technical perspective
I hear you mate!

A couple of days ago I said that investing 100 m to sign SMS can potentially be a zero/very low risk investment. Someone didn't like my post, apparently it was fine with them to splash 90 on Higui but 10 m more on such a highly talented player is very risky. Other teams had spent and will spend more on young talents especially with the Messi/Cristiano era coming to an end, everyone is in pursuit of the next big thing. We already have Dybala, which is great because he still has a lot of room to become unstoppable. I've got a good feeling about Caldara, he can become the best Italian defender. As for the midfield, we lost Pirlo, Vidal and a great young talent in Pogba who we should have replaced with another young talent (not Sturaro), now have Pjanic, Matuidi and Khedira while Marchisio is on the bench. We used to have the best midfield in Europe... Maybe no one matched Pogba's profile back then but now and this year SMS came up huge, you must be blind if you can't see his talent, he's simply something else. Nonetheless, Beppe will spend over 100 m on average players like Darmian, Cristante, Politano, etc.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 29, 2006
Wat? Are you telling me Marotta don't consider Darmian good? Then there's no reason to sign him.

(Your theory about doing United a favour seems rather lacklustre; one year left on his contract, low salary, not a drama queen)
Marotta considers Darmian an opportunity. Good is a different perception in Marotta's eyes. Imo he thinks Darmian can do the job(be it a cover or defending RB) for cheap ass money, making him one of the better values on the market. But I don't think he knows less about football than you or me.

Not to mention he said himself that we need players of technical quality. If Darmian is that we might as well sign Fellaini on a free too.

Could Darmian BECOME a cheap version of Licht? Maybe, but he currently is not.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I think Darmian will do fairly well with us. I mean if De Sciglio can do a solid job , so can he. And he's better than De Sciglio in my view.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Marotta considers Darmian an opportunity. Good is a different perception in Marotta's eyes. Imo he thinks Darmian can do the job(be it a cover or defending RB) for cheap ass money, making him one of the better values on the market. But I don't think he knows less about football than you or me.

Not to mention he said himself that we need players of technical quality. If Darmian is that we might as well sign Fellaini on a free too.

Could Darmian BECOME a cheap version of Licht? Maybe, but he currently is not.
What is this gibberish?

RoiLezard

Apr 7, 2018
I think Darmian will do fairly well with us. I mean if De Sciglio can do a solid job , so can he. And he's better than De Sciglio in my view.
Sorry but average is average, no one is better than the other, C+ is not better than C. Like it was mentioned above, Marotta sees him as a market opportunity and as long as he does the job like the likes of Peluso, Padoin and Sturaro did, he's getting him for sure.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Sorry but average is average, no one is better than the other, C+ is not better than C. Like it was mentioned above, Marotta sees him as a market opportunity and as long as he does the job like the likes of Peluso, Padoin and Sturaro did, he's getting him for sure.
He's nowhere near as bad as the aforementioned players. He was one of the best fullbacks in Italy before Man U purchased him. De Sciglio meanwhile was just 'potential' and we've got him to play solidly for us. Darmian would be an upgrade over Licht and Asa for me.

Apr 29, 2006
What is this gibberish?
An explanation on why we might be interested in Darmian.

The problem in short is that, like @Xperd said we have MDS who does an adequate job against Seria A fodders. Is he good, I will let you answer that. Having two of those is useless, especially if Cuadrado is going to be the offensive RB.

Got it now?

RoiLezard

Apr 7, 2018
He's nowhere near as bad as the aforementioned players. He was one of the best fullbacks in Italy before Man U purchased him. De Sciglio meanwhile was just 'potential' and we've got him to play solidly for us. Darmian would be an upgrade over Licht and Asa for me.
Oh he's not bad, he's just average. I think Asa is better than all of them combined, actually I'm kinda gutted that we're losing him and for free and to who... to the mierda.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
La Stampa - Juventus on pole for Pellegrini

One of Praet/Cristante/Pellegrini or Bonaventura:)inter:) will sign for us. Media just dont have a clue who its gonna be

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
An explanation on why we might be interested in Darmian.

The problem in short is that, like @Xperd said we have MDS who does an adequate job against Seria A fodders. Is he good, I will let you answer that. Having two of those is useless, especially if Cuadrado is going to be the offensive RB.

Got it now?
You are still babbling.

You claimed our management don't consider Darmian to be a good player, that is [in all lieklihood] wrong.

No one considers him good. They think he might turn out good and he is undervalued asset that could be used in any transfer.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
We're getting Darmian simply because he is cheap. 10-13m €

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway dreams aside I know how this mercato will end up.
Dunno who or how but we'll end up with a +30 in the overall.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
No.

Firstly you don't save money by spending money, so it would be cheaper to not sign him at all. Secondly we are rumoured to offer a 5 year deal and doubling his salary.

This point towards Marotta rating this guy to be good enough to start a notable amount of games for Juventus; he is either gonna be a starting right back or first choice backup at both backs.

The nonsense of us doing United a favour, so we can later sign a better United leftover is utter hilarious pseudo theorycrafting of the feeble minded.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
No.

Firstly you don't save money by spending money, so it would be cheaper to not sign him at all. Secondly we are rumoured to offer a 5 year deal and doubling his salary.

This point towards Marotta rating this guy to be good enough to start a notable amount of games for Juventus; he is either gonna be a starting right back or first choice backup at both backs.

The nonsense of us doing United a favour, so we can later sign a better United leftover is utter hilarious pseudo theorycrafting of the feeble minded.
He won't be getting 5m/year... That's just jibberish journalism.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway dreams aside I know how this mercato will end up.
Dunno who or how but we'll end up with a +30 in the overall.
Trust me, it's also because we consider Darmian a player that could represent us in the nazionale...

Beppe pretty much cleared up everything there was to know in his latest interviews, all this links to mediocre italians are more or less part of a greater scheme of things, an scheme aimed at building an new italian core in the team.

RoiLezard

Apr 7, 2018
No.

And with the money we donate to them they get to sign SMS and other targets of ours...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)