Not open for further replies.
OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6,721
    Howedes replacement.

A more defensive alternative to Cuadrado at RB. And a ball-playing/cover CB option that we can use.

Had injury issues, is 29, and acc to article, Spurs have replacement and might sell him. So, prolly can be had for a reasonable price.

Won't be surprised if we sell Benatia either, and that'd be fine.
    and Caldara replaces who?

Buy on AliExpress.com

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
    With Caldara already on his way here(which logic tells us that he is Howedes's replacement to our roaster) i simply can't see us bidding for yet another CB unless we eventually decide to part ways with one of Benatia or Rugani... otherwise it would just make no sense tbh.
    This player will satisfy two roles.

Cuadra is a super attacking RB. He has to have a defensive/conservative alternative and not just have MDS as his backup.

Caldara will be the only cover type CB. We'll need another. This season, Chiellini of all people played as one (even if stoppers tend to switch to that role when they get older), and the other option was Barzagli, who can play both roles. Howedes was always injured. Barza won't/shouldn't play a big role next season outside the locker room.

You're right, we can very well sell Benatia (not Rugani). He isn't a must have, we've very good young CBs who need to play, and it's the last chance of making $ from his sale. As a club, we often sell players before their resale values tank as we can't afford everyone retiring at the club.

The CB rumor seems begin after lastest Benatia's interview, he didn't commit to us:

https://www.football-italia.net/121606/benatia-buffon-leaves-hole
    CB cum RB rumor started long ago with Gimenez, Ginter, Sokratis.

They're all CBs that can play RB.

And are all good on the ball.

Chiello3

IL Capitano
    Nov 26, 2017
    caldara and rugani are must stay , amazing players ,future of italy and hopefully juve too

- - - Updated - - -

According to uruguayan radio, there is a rumor that Gigi wants Fernando Muslera to replace him. Any substance in this?
    i dont think buffon would want anyone to replace him if we consider the fact that we have woj already and we are buying perin too

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
    According to uruguayan radio, there is a rumor that Gigi wants Fernando Muslera to replace him. Any substance in this?
    Lol, that`s so random... :lol:

Not sure how one can rate a rumor, but this one from the scale of 1 to 10 is zero. Juventus has identified Woj as a replacement a year ago, also Gigi already played his last game in a Juve jersey and announced that he is leaving, not sure how what he wants regarding incoming transfers is relevant, at least from our management point of view...

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    Alderweireld is too expensive. We have no chance. Man United will sign him.
    I never followed him.. I have seen some Tottenham games but never paid too much attention to him... Is he really that good? (I mean what you guys think not the overrating English media who overrate everyone who plays in EPL..)
    If he is we should be going for him with sending Benatia or Rugani (depends if we have faith in the later)
    We already have Caldara who is seen by everyone as the next big star of our defense with Rugani being the guy with the potential that yet to fulfil..

- - - Updated - - -

I dont know but it sounds like some Uruguyan radio station wants to push Mulsera to a bigger club..

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
    Sep 21, 2008
    @MikeM

- - - Updated - - -

How do you rate Alderwielereleieieieieid @Zacheryah @Seven?

Same question for you @Dantes, plus another one, do you think he's leaving London ?
    I have him on ignore. I don't know what he's referring to.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
    @MikeM

- - - Updated - - -

How do you rate Alderwielereleieieieieid @Zacheryah @Seven?

Same question for you @Dantes, plus another one, do you think he's leaving London ?
    He's very good. We had the best defence in the PL for two years running with Alderweireld starting most games. And in one of those (2015-16) he only gave up 9 fouls all season. Great ball distribution as well, and a threat from set pieces.

I think he is leaving. He's probably the best defender in the PL and wants to be paid accordingly. Spurs (Levy) won't do that.

If an offer comes in from outside the PL he'll be gone sooner rather than later.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
    Jun 1, 2012
    He's very good. We had the best defence in the PL for two years running with Alderweireld starting most games. And in one of those (2015-16) he only gave up 9 fouls all season. Great ball distribution as well, and a threat from set pieces.

I think he is leaving. He's probably the best defender in the PL and wants to be paid accordingly. Spurs (Levy) won't do that.

If an offer comes in from outside the PL he'll be gone sooner rather than later.
    I think he's going to Man United. He is too expensive for abroad clubs or rather they wouldnt want to match your asking price.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
    I think he's going to Man United. He is too expensive for abroad clubs or rather they wouldnt want to match your asking price.
    It's possible. But a last resort. If there's a trade on for Martial then I think we'll do business.

P.S. We let Modric go to Real Madrid rather than accept a bigger fee from Chelsea. If an overseas club can meet his wage demands, we might let him go for less than the 'PL asking price.'

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
    Apr 7, 2018
    I watched SMS playing yesterday and I think he had done enough to convince his pursuers and justify his price tag. I haven't seen a player of his build with such a great technique and dribbling skills, his first touch reminds me of Pogba and he's too strong, he bullies the opposition with his physique and then you add that exceptional technique and a sharp scoring sense, mamma mia! Though he looked burned out at the end of the game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)