Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I don't watch Premier League but i saw some people label him as a best CB in the league.
I see him being rated very highly, even seen claims that he's the best CB in Europe before the meeting against us in the CL. But I wanna hear it from people who watched him and Im sure have a clue about football

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Correct me if i'm wrong but i think we can afford SMS easily if we sold Higuain? Higuain cost us ~ 90/5+(7,5x2)= 33M a year, if we sold him for his price, and buy SMS for 100M + 6M wage, that ~100/5 + (6x2) = 32M a year, like a swap for me.
Doesn't work like that... We will never get the 90 mil back so it's useless in these calculations...

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Howedes replacement.

And a ball-playing/cover CB option that we can use.

Had injury issues, is 29, and acc to article, Spurs have replacement and might sell him. So, prolly can be had for a reasonable price.

Won't be surprised if we sell Benatia either, and that'd be fine.
With Caldara already on his way here(which logic tells us that he is Howedes's replacement to our roaster) i simply can't see us bidding for yet another CB unless we eventually decide to part ways with one of Benatia or Rugani... otherwise it would just make no sense tbh.

athas

Jul 15, 2007
Doesn't work like that... We will never get the 90 mil back so it's useless in these calculations...
I mean we sell Higuain for his price, for now it's ~90/5 x 3 =54M, invest all in SMS and we basically have a same cost per year. Cash flow would be problem, though.

- - - Updated - - -

With Caldara already on his way here(which logic tells us that he is Howedes's replacement to our roaster) i simply can't see us bidding for yet another CB unless we eventually decide to part ways with one of Benatia or Rugani... otherwise it would just makes no sense tbh.
The CB rumor seems begin after lastest Benatia's interview, he didn't commit to us:

https://www.football-italia.net/121606/benatia-buffon-leaves-hole

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I mean we sell Higuain for his price, for now it's ~90/5 x 3 =54M, invest all in SMS and we basically have a same cost per year. Cash flow would be problem, though.
I know how you meant it but it is simply not how it works. It's not even a cash flow problem. The cost price of Higuain is not relevant anymore, only his salary is.

athas

Jul 15, 2007
I know how you meant it but it is simply not how it works. It's not even a cash flow problem. The cost price of Higuain is not relevant anymore, only his salary is.
I don't know but I saw many people calculte that way, i'm not accountant, though :p. Anyway if we can sign SMS by sacrifice Higuain, i'm all for it.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Allegri to meet with the club management in the coming hours to discuss short/long term plans. Max wants guarantees the team will be competitive to challenge for the CL, and he will get them, starting with Emre Can. [Romeo Agresti]

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Correct me if i'm wrong but i think we can afford SMS easily if we sold Higuain? Higuain cost us ~ 90/5+(7,5x2)= 33M a year, if we sold him for his price, and buy SMS for 100M + 6M wage, that ~100/5 + (6x2) = 32M a year, like a swap for me.
The math is ok, but the fact that we won't have a striker isn't :) The quality striker will still require +25M a year.

athas

Jul 15, 2007
The math is ok, but the fact that we won't have a striker isn't :) The quality striker will still require +25M a year.
Martial can be a great option for the Higuain's replacement. I know Higuain's quality can't be replace, but the style of Martial (or Morata) suited Dybala much more IMO. The sooner we sold one of Dybala-Higuain, the better for them. And considering the players will left, we may ony need to spend the budget for the +25M strike.

JuventinMalti

Apr 5, 2006
I love how often people in the transfer threads discuss things as if what they're saying will have any bearing on real life. If you were an alien looking on you'd think the people in forums are the directors of the club during a meeting formulating a transfer strategy.

Don't mind me people. I am just fascinated by how much energy people can dedicate to discussing things that they have zero power to actually influence.

athas

Jul 15, 2007
I love how often people in the transfer threads discuss things as if what they're saying will have any bearing on real life. If you were an alien looking on you'd think the people in forums are the directors of the club during a meeting formulating a transfer strategy.

Don't mind me people. I am just fascinated by how much energy people can dedicate to discussing things that they have zero power to actually influence.
You are right, that's useless and energy consumption :D. Today i'm bored and just put some thinking into that. I may consider don't read any football-relate until tranfer window end, free my mind a lot :lol:

JuventinMalti

Apr 5, 2006
You are right, that's useless and energy consumption :D. Today i'm bored and just put some thinking into that. I may consider don't read any football-relate until tranfer window end, free my mind a lot :lol:
Mind you, I know my post appeared behind yours but I was not referring to anybody in particular. Just the general impression I get from reading some transfer threads. :)

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

You got a point there but its like playing Football Manager - You can get as many titles as you want but it wont affect real life..
Its a fantasy for us and while we dont have the power to influence we do have fun by guessing our mercato strategy or suggesting options

I agree that our suggestions and guesses means nothing but its still fun...

- - - Updated - - -

Martial can be a great option for the Higuain's replacement. I know Higuain's quality can't be replace, but the style of Martial (or Morata) suited Dybala much more IMO. The sooner we sold one of Dybala-Higuain, the better for them. And considering the players will left, we may ony need to spend the budget for the +25M strike.
I`d rather see Martial on the left and Dybala as the center guy as he performs better when playing a central role IMO
P.S I agree Dybala Higuain just doesnt work.. considering age potential and current ability I`d definitely rather see us sell Higuain as he seems like a heavy shell of himself

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003

Its fun. I havent got caught up in it for a few years now but i used to love getting obbssed over it. Definatly helps make the break between seasons alot more interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)