Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (24 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Yeah, but you are biased cause he's brazil so imma call @zizinho to even it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Tricks are all nice, but better CM's than him don't do tricks and still get the job done somehow.
More important for a winger than a Regista (Pjanic) imo. How often do you see Modric or Kroos making tricks? Thay are both able to execute them, and so is Pjanic.

Buy on AliExpress.com

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Yeah, but you are biased cause he's brazil so imma call @zizinho to even it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Tricks are all nice, but better CM's than him don't do tricks and still get the job done somehow.
More important for a winger than a Regista (Pjanic) imo. How often do you see Modric or Kroos making tricks? Thay are both able to execute them, and so is Pjanic.
The answer is quite simple, they’re consistent at what they do, Thiago isn’t. If he had that consistency added to his skills he’d be a beast. Pogba is the same thing, you can tell by just the way he touches the ball he’s legitimately talented but We’ve yet to see out of this world season after season from him.

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
The answer is quite simple, they’re consistent at what they do, Thiago isn’t. If he had that consistency added to his skills he’d be a beast. Pogba is the same thing, you can tell by just the way he touches the ball he’s legitimately talented but We’ve yet to see out of this world season after season from him.
Pjanic was known to be extremely inconsistent before - especially in his early Roma years under Rudy Garcia. Perhaps with Allegri’s work and some Serie A experience, Thiago can go the same way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Idk. For me it's not just cause they stay healthy and for consistency reasons.

It's probably just me, but i don't think it's necessary to do fancy tricks if you play as Regista/CM. Kroos for example has that trademark feint that works 100%. It's really simple, and if you don't pay attention to it, you won't even notice it, yet it is just as effective as a way fancier trick Thiago might pull off in the same situation. It's nice to have, but not a necessety imo and maybe just more about personal style, than about not being able to do the tricks in the first place.

As Regista close ball control/a quick feint is gonna do the trick most of the time, as the opponents will most likely run at them, and not vice versa, and Pjanic is perfectly able to do that. Then spread the ball to the wings or play a through ball.

I want my regista to play as efficient as possible, and Mire does that job quite well (despite being not that pleasing to watch). I wouldn't trade him with Thiago at all. However, if we could add him without selling Mire, and as B2B mid ala Pogba, sign me up, cause he's of course a talented bloke :p

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Idk. For me it's not just cause they stay healthy and for consistency reasons.

It's probably just me, but i don't think it's necessary to do fancy tricks if you play as Regista/CM. Kroos for example has that trademark feint that works 100%. It's really simple, and if you don't pay attention to it, you won't even notice it, yet it is just as effective as a way fancier trick Thiago might pull off in the same situation. It's nice to have, but not a necessety imo and maybe just more about personal style, than about not being able to do the tricks in the first place.

As Regista close ball control/a quick feint is gonna do the trick most of the time, as the opponents will most likely run at them, and not vice versa, and Pjanic is perfectly able to do that. Then spread the ball to the wings or play a through ball.

I want my regista to play as efficient as possible, and Mire does that job quite well (despite being not that pleasing to watch). I wouldn't trade him with Thiago at all. However, if we could add him without selling Mire, and as B2B mid ala Pogba, sign me up, cause he's of course a talented bloke :p
I never said it’s a necessity to have fancy skills, and definitely not for a CM/regista. Kroos does his job wonderfully without it. But let’s compare him to someone like Zidane.

The guy had all the proper skills for a midfielder who controls the flow of the game/forward plays and MORE. That MORE was just his superior quality to do extraordinaire things with the ball. That’s the difference between one of best of all time and a very good player of his time. Think about it, every single player that’s in most people “best of all time” list are/were incredibly skilled, they did things only a few can.

Obviously if you’re fancy without the solidity of being great at the basic things it means very little. And I’m not really sure I’d trade Pjanic for Thiago either, I like your idea of adding someone with more flavor to his game playing beside him, that would probably highlight how important Pjanic is to the way we play.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I know, I'm just saying it would be better imo if all the clubs were on the same timeline.
It's more useful for us if it ends the day before the start of the season this way we have an extra week. The purpose of cutting it short is to not make it disruptive for our season, but why cut it shorter and remove a week where we could do deals only to end it at the same time as the EPL?

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
It's more useful for us if it ends the day before the start of the season this way we have an extra week. The purpose of cutting it short is to not make it disruptive for our season, but why cut it shorter and remove a week where we could do deals only to end it at the same time as the EPL?
I like having our dedline before the season too for that reason. Maybe we can have all the leagues start at the same time. But that's probably naive of me.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
We really value crimmys opinion of players?

Dude makes fr3sh choice of players seem normal

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
:agree: In the old Brazilian leagues, back when Crimsonianking was young and the world made sense, Ronaldo never could have cut.

He is modern sissy boy. All those 5'5 fairies that smoked, drank and had never heard of a fitness regiment or defensive football would've have kicked Ronaldo into the ground. We are so lucky not to be a brazilian league team in the 70s. We would be fucked.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
:agree: In the old Brazilian leagues, back when Crimsonianking was young and the world made sense, Ronaldo never could have cut.

He is modern sissy boy. All those 5'5 fairies that smoked, drank and had never heard of a fitness regiment or defensive football would've have kicked Ronaldo into the ground. We are so lucky not to be a brazilian league team in the 70s. We would be fucked.
Jürgen Kohler would have finished Ronaldos career with just one tackle.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Only for Premier League teams, it ends August 9th.

- - - Updated - - -

We should make an effort to sign Tanguy Ndombele from Lyon. He has a very similar style of play to Pogba/SMS, and he wouldn’t cost even half as much.

This is what I don’t get. Obviously Pogba and SMS are fantasies, but why couldn’t we focus on someone like this guy? It’s clear to every fan that the midfield needs help. Why isn’t it clear to management?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Im very worried about the midfield to be honest.

Sturaro, Khedira, Marchisio, Matuidi. None of this men would be starters in a CL winning team. Inb4 "Matuidi is a world champion, hello!"... meh, not convinced.

Pjanic alone will not carry them.

Emre´s potential is still a question Mark.

Betancourt not used enough to say he will be the man. Too young anyways.

Beppe please pull one last bunny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)