Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (1,778 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
This is what I don’t get. Obviously Pogba and SMS are fantasies, but why couldn’t we focus on someone like this guy? It’s clear to every fan that the midfield needs help. Why isn’t it clear to management?
Our “scouting” of midfielders is a complete joke. Lemina, Hernanes, Sturaro, Rincon, etc... pure mediocrity. We haven’t signed a midfield gem in ages (the jury is still out on Bentancur). The few decent midfielders we have were already well known before we got them (Pjanic, Matuidi, Can, Khedira).

There are so many talented midfielders out there like Ndombele, Fornals, etc... who would cost half the price of SMS or Pogba. We are oblivious to them.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Our “scouting” of midfielders is a complete joke. Lemina, Hernanes, Sturaro, Rincon, etc... pure mediocrity. We haven’t signed a midfield gem in ages (the jury is still out on Bentancur). The few decent midfielders we have were already well known before we got them (Pjanic, Matuidi, Can, Khedira).

There are so many talented midfielders out there like Ndombele, Fornals, etc... who would cost half the price of SMS or Pogba. We are oblivious to them.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Im very worried about the midfield to be honest.

Sturaro, Khedira, Marchisio, Matuidi. None of this men would be starters in a CL winning team. Inb4 "Matuidi is a world champion, hello!"... meh, not convinced.

Pjanic alone will not carry them.

Emre´s potential is still a question Mark.

Betancourt not used enough to say he will be the man. Too young anyways.

Beppe please pull one last bunny
all in bold are either bums: khedira,matuidi, cheesio or washed up cheesio
Cheesio is both washed up and a bum cause he only had 2 and half good season in his whole career.

- - - Updated - - -

matuini is good enough
we still need another midfielder
matuidi can be our casemiro
Matuidi is nowhere near casemiro in anything but athleticism.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
matuini is good enough
we still need another midfielder
matuidi can be our casemiro
Matuidi is actually a better player than represented here on Tuz but dont fool yourself - beside the fact they both have arms and legs there is nothing to it..
Matuidi goes to sleep dreaming he is Casemiro..

- - - Updated - - -

This is what I don’t get. Obviously Pogba and SMS are fantasies, but why couldn’t we focus on someone like this guy? It’s clear to every fan that the midfield needs help. Why isn’t it clear to management?
Maybe they dont rate him as much as you do...
Just saw his youtube - This guy is one hell of a dribbler.. Im surprised he is a DM/CM and not an AM
I dont know how much he costs but if he isnt too expensive we should take him - again I only watched this youtube and I usually dont say things based on youtube alone but this guy really impressed me
I do see him in a more attacking role (a Zidane kind of role)

memo

Nov 18, 2005
what i mean that he can be our casemiro is that he can bring some balance into pjanic weakneses
i belive he is a great player for our sistem

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
"After signing Perin, Emre Can, Cancelo, Cristiano & Bonucci. Juventus has closed the incoming market."
[Romeo Agresti]

He's pretty reliable...

Bad news really. Our midfield is simply not good enough. Hopefully we won't regret it.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
"After signing Perin, Emre Can, Cancelo, Cristiano & Bonucci. Juventus has closed the incoming market."
[Romeo Agresti]

He's pretty reliable...

Bad news really. Our midfield is simply not good enough. Hopefully we won't regret it.
This is what i said few days ago. I agree the midfield would still need improvement, but it was clear as day that we wont buy any1.
Managment made some choices, they trusted in Can and probably Benta.
Anyway I wont cry over it - we have two WC CM - Matuidi and Pjanic.
Yes for me Matuidi is WC and he was showing it at Juve before the injury two.
We have two potential WC players in Can and Bentacur.
One solid and seasoned CM in Khedira - who may I remind u was in beast mode in some of our big games last year (Real i.e.).
Marchisio who is solid player and may still regain his form.

Would love to trade Khedira to someone WC and more mobile, but I guess we aim that this will happen with Can. Hopefully its does.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Rate who? I don’t even know who that is, but good job missing the point.
The point has been discussed over and over again..
Our weakest area was our midfield and we didnt do a great change in there..
Can is our only addition while we needed a SMS or a Pogba...
This kid - He seems talented.
Other kids/cheaper alternatives - I dont know if there are cheaper alternatives that can really help us.
It seems to me that we need a specific type and the only players that fit our needs cost a lot...
Has your point been answered?!

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Our midfield looks fine to me. We signed Emre Can who's a powerful young player. Matuidi is settled and is oozing confidence after the WC. Bentancur has gained great experience from last season and the WC.

And I'd rather keep Pjanic than sell him to buy SMS or Pogba and try to start from scratch.

Jul 13, 2010
The point has been discussed over and over again..
Our weakest area was our midfield and we didnt do a great change in there..
Can is our only addition while we needed a SMS or a Pogba...
This kid - He seems talented.
Other kids/cheaper alternatives - I dont know if there are cheaper alternatives that can really help us.
It seems to me that we need a specific type and the only players that fit our needs cost a lot...
Has your point been answered?!
Fuck midfield, we have ronaldo, that's enough to win 4 titles this season. Adios. Oh and BTW, bentancur can become wc this year.

memo

Nov 18, 2005
Gimme number, how many central midfielders do you want in a team?
quality wise
someone instead khedira or marchisio to partner with matuidi and pjanic, but anyways im okay with our midfield and i really like our attack
another midfielder is just a dream or hypotesis

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
$#@! midfield, we have ronaldo, that's enough to win 4 titles this season. Adios. Oh and BTW, bentancur can become wc this year.
He might but also he might not..
I believe he could be a great player at Pjanic`s role but only a good one at any other role but thats my opinion and I guess you might think other..

- - - Updated - - -

:costa:

- - - Updated - - -

If we could add him, fine. But i'd bever trade Mire for that broken Man.
Finally some sense
Yeah Thiago is not a horrible player - I might have exeggerated a bit but Pjanic is definitely way better both in numbers and what he offers on the field

dyl1dyl

May 9, 2012
Corriere Torino - Juve have not just Chiesa in the crosshairs. Pjaca in Florence paves the way for Milenkovic.
don't really understand how Pjaca and SMS deals would be linked? Not like we are getting any serious money this year from Pjaca deal. I think the only way we can realistically even try for SMS is if we clear Sturaro, Pjaca and Marchisio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1778)