Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (41 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
That certainly is a possibility. They'd have to be extremely stupid to buy him.

So we can all agree on how monumentally stupid the Higuain deal was?
It was shrewd move. It prevented Napoli from winning at least one scudetto and kept our run alive.

Well worth the 18m/year depreciation cost for two years.

As for CL, the objective was to score more goals and finish top of CL group, which increases the chance of progressing to QFs, and as a result, also far into the knockouts. This was actually one of the reasons given by Marotta, and it makes perfect sense. No idea why people think finals choker Higuain was supposed to be a CL win signing lol.

And in general, we needed a WC target man, had the money, and he was the only one available.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Matuidi was already that good for us till his injury and against Real. Not WC but very good and the one who made the midfield balanced.
:tup:

I was really psyched about his signing, but by the end of the year I'd almost forgotten how good he was the first couple months, he was so bad post-injury.

In this modern world it's sometimes hard to escape that "what have you done for me lately" mindset of 'Muricans.
@Hustini @CR 7 @Kyle

Love you guys. :D

dyl1dyl

May 9, 2012
Inter to pay his 500mil release clause. :seven:

- - - Updated - - -

The funniest is that DylDyl member with "losing Higuain badly damages the overall quality of the squad." And that we will have trouble replacing his goals. :hihi:
I don't think you understood what I meant. That was just on Higuain leaving, not compared to last season's squad. What I meant was losing Higuain badly damages the attacking part of our squad. Remember that Ronaldo isn't going to start every game and there's no guarantee he does well the whole year (look at first half of last season for Real) and we don't have any other proven goalscorers apart from Dybala.

Mus™

Mar 16, 2009
I don't think you understood what I meant. That was just on Higuain leaving, not compared to last season's squad. What I meant was losing Higuain badly damages the attacking part of our squad. Remember that Ronaldo isn't going to start every game and there's no guarantee he does well the whole year (look at first half of last season for Real) and we don't have any other proven goalscorers apart from Dybala.
People forget Ronaldo went over two months goalless in the league last year

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
You're talking absolute rubbish. Ronaldo has scored more than Higuain every single year for 10 years. He's scored over 40 goals for 8 straight years.

Last year: Higuain, Dybala, Mandzukic, Costa, Bernadeschi, Cuadrado as attackers.

This year: Ronaldo, Dybala, Mandzukic, Costa, Bernadeschi, Cuadrado as attackers.

Our attack is quite obviously better. Significantly.

You thought we would buy Ronaldo and pay Higuain 15mil per year to sit on the bench and be a rotation option? Because we need moar depth? lol

"Badly damages" our attack. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Mus™;5818538 said:
People forget Ronaldo went over two months goalless in the league last year
People forget Higuain scored 1 goal in the last 2 months of the season last year. :baus:

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Our attack is going to be filthy this season, and Mandzukic is a better fit next to Ronaldo than Higuain anyway. Not only will Mandzukic cover for Ronaldo defensively, he will also make Ronaldo better (lol) with his unselfish play in the box. It’s crazy how hes almost always looking to set others up instead of making the selfish read. Ronaldo is going to love him. Dybala and Costa are unselfish players, and Cancelo is going to upgrade the attack with his crosses, and one on one ability as well. Haven’t even mentioned Bernardeschi, who I’m expecting to take a jump in his second season, or Spinazzola who will be an upgrade over Asamoah offensively once he gets healthy.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Mus™;5818546 said:
I've always hated Higuain so you're preaching to the choir
I don't even hate Higuain. I'm just confused as heck as to what Dyldo is trying to say...?

It was pretty obvious that we got Ronaldo to upgrade our attack over Higuain. How this badly damages our attack is beyond me. Considering we have all the other attackers we had last season, plus upgraded our top goalscorer by 15-20 goals/season.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I don't even hate Higuain. I'm just confused as heck as to what Dyldo is trying to say...?

It was pretty obvious that we got Ronaldo to upgrade our attack over Higuain. How this badly damages our attack is beyond me. Considering we have all the other attackers we had last season, plus upgraded our top goalscorer by 15-20 goals/season.
You’d have to be on the spectrum to think our attack got worse.

Out: Higuain, Asamoah, Lichtsteiner

In: Ronaldo, Cancelo, Spinazzola

LOL.

Mus™

Mar 16, 2009

I think it's more that we could have used Higuain as an asset far better than part of a chip to get Bonucci who isn't even required

Even a smaller fee that could be invested towards a Modric or a B2B midfielder would be better for the attack

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
:tup:

I was really psyched about his signing, but by the end of the year I'd almost forgotten how good he was the first couple months, he was so bad post-injury.

In this modern world it's sometimes hard to escape that "what have you done for me lately" mindset of 'Muricans.
@Hustini @CR 7 @Kyle

Love you guys. :D
lol just give us your oil.

k thnx

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Mus™;5818559 said:
I think it's more that we could have used Higuain as an asset far better than part of a chip to get Bonucci who isn't even required

Even a smaller fee that could be invested towards a Modric or a B2B midfielder would be better for the attack
I’ve thought about this, and I actually think we did miss Bonucci. Not necessarily as a defender, because Benatia had a fine season, but his ball playing ability. Outside of Pjanic we really didnt have much of a creator, and it left him on an island a lot of the time. Add Bonucci and Cancelo and now we get a lot more dynamic from different areas of the field. Makes us less predictable and harder to scheme against.

I know a defenders main priority should be defending, but with the way we play, Bonucci is going to be a lot more valuable than Caldara wouldve been, even if he earned his way into a starting spot.

JUVESUPPORTER

Aug 25, 2003
Bonnuci has been diabolical all season, he's a fraud who was covered for years by Chiellini and Barzagli at Juventus

He is not worth 40 million and 7.5 million wages. This is INSANE.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Mus™;5818559 said:

But we aren't using him as a chip to get Bonucci. We need to get Higuain off our books because of his huge cost on our books between wages and transfer fee. And Bonucci wants to leave Milan but they obviously need a replacement.

No one else is making an offer for Higuain right now. Or so it seems. Chelsea is closest.

If anything we are taking Bonucci so as to get rid of Higuain. And our management and coach is likely willing to do this deal because they obviously rate Bonucci from his 6 years here in our starting XI.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Pjanic is better than SMS. He’s not better than Pogba though, no way. Pogba has ballon potential, just needs to get away from mourinho
Pogba has more potential, but he isn’t better for sure , at least he didn’t perform better than Pjanic last 2 years.

Pogba in 2016 >> Pogba now .

Well unless he goes elsewhere and perform,i can say Pjanic is better, unless he proves otherwise on the field :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)