Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (115 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
What is the problem with Spinazzola? The main argument is that he was a winger before and he will suck in defense, but does he really suck in defense for Atalanta (its a question, I didnt watch him enough to judge)?
Its similiar case to polish RB - Piszczek - this guy was also playing as winger or even striker (before he joined Dortumnd he played on this position for Hertha), before Klopp made him RB. Since then he became one of the best RBs in the bundesliga and in Europe. So Leonardo is not a lost case looking at Piszczek.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yeah, he's in a shit run of form, and was absolutely disgusting against Spal, but it makes no sense to sell our best midfielder -- which, unless people haven't been watching for the past two years, is very obviously Pjanic. I don't get it. Top clubs don't intentionally subtract their best players when they're happy to stay -- they add more quality to the team. For much of the season, Pjanic has been the only quality player we've had in midfield -- he's obviously run ragged right now. In truth, it's possible to make the argument that we could use 3 new midfielders at this point, given how Marchisio is being used by Allegri, his age, his injury history. Khedira is a total passenger -- although he's got another year on his deal, so I'm not holding my breath there -- and Sturaro is only useful when we need some legs and physicality. Otherwise, he's a black hole.

I like Blaise, and think he was a good addition to the team, but he's basically the absolute minimum level of talent we want fighting for a starting birth at a club like Juventus, and he's 31 in April.

There's constant bitching and moaning that we've become a selling club, it's the end of the world - on repeat - but now suddenly some folks have decided that it makes sense to sell 2-3 of our best players, and then try to rebuild the midfield from scratch? Get a grip.

Keep Pjanic, shift to a formation that isn't so demanding of him physically, and properly strengthen the midfield with the resources the club has.

So much knee jerking.
:agree:

Boneheads already forgetting the incredible performances Pjanic put in through the CL knockouts last year.

Remember the second leg at Camp Nou against Barcelona? Pjanic was our best player by far, and a major reason we shut Barca down completely, and were able to laugh about all their talk of another remontada after PSG.

Pjanic at the Camp Nou: 8 tackles-5 interceptions-3 clearances-3 key passes. :delpiero: and he had a ton of those sort of performances down the stretch in all competitions last year.

He was absolutely brilliant from January to May last season and then from August to January this season. Both in a 2-man midfield and a 3-man midfield. He was the main reason our mid didn't completely fall apart even in Khedira's worst periods of form. Now we see how important he is by how bad our midfield looks these past 6-8 weeks with Pjanic terribly out of form. I don't know if we have run him into the ground or what the reason for his drop in form is, but we really need him in good shape and form bossing the mid like we know he can for the run-in.

Saying we should sell him is just :howler:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

Boneheads already forgetting the incredible performances Pjanic put in through the CL knockouts last year.

Remember the second leg at Camp Nou against Barcelona? Pjanic was our best player by far, and a major reason we shut Barca down completely, and were able to laugh about all their talk of another remontada after PSG.

Pjanic at the Camp Nou: 8 tackles-5 interceptions-3 clearances-3 key passes. :delpiero: and he had a ton of those sort of performances down the stretch in all competitions last year.

He was absolutely brilliant from January to May last season and then from August to January this season. Both in a 2-man midfield and a 3-man midfield. He was the main reason our mid didn't completely fall apart even in Khedira's worst periods of form. Now we see how important he is by how bad our midfield looks these past 6-8 weeks with Pjanic terribly out of form. I don't know if we have run him into the ground or what the reason for his drop in form is, but we really need him in good shape and form bossing the mid like we know he can for the run-in.

Dips happen. I hope Eu®omaxx does his thing and gets him back in shape right in time

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Juventus lining up Man Utd and Chelsea target’s replacement | Calciomercato.com

Suffice it to say that Alex Sandro’s performance against SPAL at the weekend was not up to scratch. Of course, he was not the only Juventus player to blame for a lacklustre display in Ferrara, but it was the latest in a long line of below par showings from the Brazilian full-back. Meanwhile, directors Beppe Marotta and Fabio Paratici are still weighing up how to handle negotiations over his future during this summer’s transfer window.

Antonio Conte’s Chelsea made an offer of around €70 million for him last July, though this was rejected by the Bianconeri who had no intention of losing another first-choice defender following the departures of Leonardo Bonucci to AC Milan and Dani Alves to Paris Saint-Germain. However, the former FC Porto star has yet to commit his future to Juve after they made it clear he would not be allowed to leave before the end of the campaign.

Rumours surrounding his future will inevitably persist and top European clubs will no doubt signal their interest in luring him away from Turin. Marotta and Paratici will then have a big decision to make – could he be sacrificed if someone offers €50 million or more? Possibly, though it is unlikely he will move to Stamford Bridge given the fact they signed Emerson Palmieri from Roma in January. Indeed, Manchester United and PSG are the two most likely to throw their hats in the ring.

Juve are already in the process of identifying potential replacements for the 27-year-old, with Atalanta’s Leonardo Spinazzola in line to make his return to Allianz Stadium. With reports suggesting Kwadwo Asamoah could also be set to leave the club, they may have to look at bringing in two new left-sided full-backs ahead of next season. Check out our gallery to find out the five most likely candidates to replace the pair.

- - - Updated - - -

http://m.calciomercato.com/en/news/...p-man-utd-and-chelsea-target-s-replacem-23410

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
Juventus lining up Man Utd and Chelsea target’s replacement | Calciomercato.com
Suffice it to say that Alex Sandro’s performance against SPAL at the weekend was not up to scratch. Of course, he was not the only Juventus player to blame for a lacklustre display in Ferrara, but it was the latest in a long line of below par showings from the Brazilian full-back. Meanwhile, directors Beppe Marotta and Fabio Paratici are still weighing up how to handle negotiations over his future during this summer’s transfer window.

Antonio Conte’s Chelsea made an offer of around €70 million for him last July, though this was rejected by the Bianconeri who had no intention of losing another first-choice defender following the departures of Leonardo Bonucci to AC Milan and Dani Alves to Paris Saint-Germain. However, the former FC Porto star has yet to commit his future to Juve after they made it clear he would not be allowed to leave before the end of the campaign.

Rumours surrounding his future will inevitably persist and top European clubs will no doubt signal their interest in luring him away from Turin. Marotta and Paratici will then have a big decision to make – could he be sacrificed if someone offers €50 million or more? Possibly, though it is unlikely he will move to Stamford Bridge given the fact they signed Emerson Palmieri from Roma in January. Indeed, Manchester United and PSG are the two most likely to throw their hats in the ring.

Juve are already in the process of identifying potential replacements for the 27-year-old, with Atalanta’s Leonardo Spinazzola in line to make his return to Allianz Stadium. With reports suggesting Kwadwo Asamoah could also be set to leave the club, they may have to look at bringing in two new left-sided full-backs ahead of next season. Check out our gallery to find out the five most likely candidates to replace the pair.

- - - Updated - - -

http://m.calciomercato.com/en/news/...p-man-utd-and-chelsea-target-s-replacem-23410
Darmian :tuttosport:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Do you think there is a scenario which sends Pjanic to Barca for 100M and Verratti to us for 100M?
Also Lutaro seems to be going for 30M shouldnt we interfere?
I mean even if he isnt that great its only 30M and he is young and Argentinian his price cant go lower...

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Do you think there is a scenario which sends Pjanic to Barca for 100M and Verratti to us for 100M?
Also Lutaro seems to be going for 30M shouldnt we interfere?
I mean even if he isnt that great its only 30M and he is young and Argentinian his price cant go lower...
Why would anyone ever spend 100 mil on Pjanic. What you smoking dude?

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
What is the problem with Spinazzola? The main argument is that he was a winger before and he will suck in defense, but does he really suck in defense for Atalanta (its a question, I didnt watch him enough to judge)?
Its similiar case to polish RB - Piszczek - this guy was also playing as winger or even striker (before he joined Dortumnd he played on this position for Hertha), before Klopp made him RB. Since then he became one of the best RBs in the bundesliga and in Europe. So Leonardo is not a lost case looking at Piszczek.
The answer is no one really knows. He is good defensively for Atalanta, the thing is that he doesn't play fullback for them. They use wingbacks and play 3-4-3/3-5-2. So he attacks great, he is fast, he dribbles well and has good control, he cuts in and he crosses just as well. He has the cover that a wingback enjoys so they don't ask as much of him defensively. Last season they played with Papu wide left cutting in so Spina was a bit more pushed to the sideline. This season they mostly play 3-5-2 so he has to do more back and forth as the only wide man.

I imagine it will take some time for him to adapt to the level of responsibility that we ask of players. There's nothing to suggest he can't do it, but ts also not a given that he can.

Would much rather have him than Darmian for LB.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
The answer is no one really knows. He is good defensively for Atalanta, the thing is that he doesn't play fullback for them. They use wingbacks and play 3-4-3/3-5-2. So he attacks great, he is fast, he dribbles well and has good control, he cuts in and he crosses just as well. He has the cover that a wingback enjoys so they don't ask as much of him defensively. Last season they played with Papu wide left cutting in so Spina was a bit more pushed to the sideline. This season they mostly play 3-5-2 so he has to do more back and forth as the only wide man.

I imagine it will take some time for him to adapt to the level of responsibility that we ask of players. There's nothing to suggest he can't do it, but ts also not a given that he can.

Would much rather have him than Darmian for LB backup.
FTFY

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008

He was a colossus against Barca, and he has been in so many games for us. It makes no sense to get rid of him, given how much help we already need in midfield. And you're right, he has been good in both formations, just very off recently (I don't love the 4-2-3-1, though). He does need more help, in the two man midfield, especially. This is where we miss Bonucci's distribution. I'd also like to get Paulo closer to the goal, kills me when he's dropping so deep to collect the ball.

We gotta break the bank on the midfield this off-season. Strong midfields control games - as everyone should know so well from recent MVPP and Cardiff examples - and ours has been a real stinker this season. Terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 115)