Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (102 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
There is a big problem here

Pjanic doesn't seem to do well in a midfield 2

Dybala can only play one position well and that is striker, with Higuain also being a starter we are limited to a 2 striker formation and a 2 man centre midfield

There should be no 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 with out personnel it should be a simple 4-4-2 as we have wingers as well so can not go 4-3-1-2

Long term we should be looking at a 4-3-3 or at the very least have a proper CAM for a 4-2-3-1

In my opinion the management were recruiting players because of how well they did at other teams and not necessarily if that player suited this team and taking in mind the formation and tactics we were going to employ

Pretty much it looks like they were playing football manager in real life

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
So we may replace all our midfielders including Pjanic with new midfield ?
We have midfielders who suit a 3 man midfield and strikers that suit a 2 striker formation and wingers that make us unable to play 4-3-1-2 or 3-5-2

It's honestly been a mess when you factor in the formations regardless of how good the players were that came in

Allegri has had a big mess to deal with

Boksic

May 11, 2005
We have performed at our best this season using a 4-3-2-1/4-3-3. It suits all of our midfielders and I think we get more out of Dybala.

It is clear that 4-2-3-1 isn't working this year, what is worrying is how often Allegri persists with it especially given the current lack of depth in the forwards, Mandzukic's form and the fact we have Marchisio and Bentancur available on the bench.

Itay

Aug 10, 2009
No need to sell Pjanic, we just need him in a 3-man midfield as some suggested here. The 4-2-3-1 is just not working.

I really hope we're not paying 40M for Douglas, his contribution is not great and I much prefer Cudrado.
We need a top RB, hope we can Meunier somehow... CM like Veratti or SMS plus Can, and LW, Martial would be ok.. Hazard is a dream but if we sell Sandro we can do it.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Morata is better than Martial.
I wont comment on current Morata but "our Morata" was a good player but also had some problems and thats why Mandzukic was the preferred striker most of the time..
Morata has scored lots of goals but he never was a scorer like Higuain Cavani and etc (The big boys league).. He is quite fast can dribble can shoot he his strong but the thing about him is that he is not amazing at any of those.. I can see him playing on the left side of a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 formation but his price will probably be 3 times his actual value..
I rather take a chance on a free transfer Balotelli who can do the same things and probably score more goals..
The truth is Balotelli right now is a player that if you believe you can control you should go and snap him up.. - He is free, quite fast, very strong, good finisher, very acrobatic so he can take tough balls.
Martial is a prodigy but I never saw his potential explode or even a sign its about to explode..

- - - Updated - - -

Martial is TWICE the player Pjaca is.

- - - Updated - - -

Who is fapping on MDS except Dru? MDS does nothing out of the ordinary, absolutely nothing.
This is true but its not really a contest.. Pjaca can offer us something that no one can offer - He has that amazing dribbling skills that almost no one has.. the question is can he be touted to do it in the best way and can he learn how to shoot (as I remember his shooting skills were lacking...)
Martial is not as good as a dribbler as Pjaca but he can do other things much better..

- - - Updated - - -

Best midfield I've ever seen, and we won't see it in the coming years.
I miss that midfield every day - If there is a way for us to win the CL is with this kind of midfield
Take our offensive options combined with this kind of midfield and CL here we come..
We need at least 2 WC players in order to have a great midfield again... Fabinho and SMS would be great

- - - Updated - - -

We must go for SMS this summer otherwise it shows lack of ambition IMO

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
I expected a silly answer from you.

Anyway someone more sensible told me; Sergej Milinkovic-Savic.
Can't be faulted for you not being able to correlate SMS in a transfer thread to Sergej Milinkovic-Savic.

But then again you only posted about him a year ago, and no one has called him SMS since then.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Can't be faulted for you not being able to correlate SMS in a transfer thread to Sergej Milinkovic-Savic.

But then again you only posted about him a year ago, and no one has called him SMS since then.
Thank you for explaining.. I wondered where he has been this year that he cant correlate SMS to Sergej Milinkovic Savic..

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Thank you for explaining.. I wondered where he has been this year that he cant correlate SMS to Sergej Milinkovic Savic..
I can’t blame him for being confused. It could also be:

Stefano “Messi” Sturaro
Stefan “Moustache” Savić
Stefano “Marchese” Sensi
Sergei “May-headache” Skripal
“Sicknote” Mattia de Sciglio
“Shileno” Marcelo Salas
“Sharmouta-lover” Mohamed Salah

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Sandro will probably leave. If Spinazzola comes back from loan, we only need to buy a right back. Weiser from Hertha would be ideal. We bring back Caldara from loan and Barzagli can retire.

In attack we should bring back Pjaca. Mandzukic can be second choice CF behind Higuain.

This brings us to the midfield. The one area of the pitch where we desperately need to improve. We get Emre Can on a free, then break the bank for SMS. Although more realistically, we will probably get Barella.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 100)