Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (106 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
But when do we ever play in a style that suits a fast striker?

Most times we play side to side, then backwards, then try some intricate play around the box. Especially as 90% of teams sit back against us, there really isn't space to play in behind.

Plus is Higuain that slow? He is heavy and not electric but seems to do well on counters and has shown a decent turn of pace.
Exactly, in scrappy matches you want solid and midfielders who can win the ball and then the few skilful players. Our organisation and off the ball movement doesn't help. In terms of skilful players who could have opened up space it seems like there was only one man who turned up today. Dybala was sadly underwhelming.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2,086
    The 3-Dio is a little too special :p

I got the Zoom.

- - - Updated - - -

Same could be said about Dybala, would you sell him too?
    oh you can put colored covers on them and brush them or that that shit. oh the tingles. LOL

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    The 3-Dio is a little too special :p

I got the Zoom.

- - - Updated - - -

Same could be said about Dybala, would you sell him too?
    Dybala can be inconsistent, but we saw what he could do with a moment of magic, and he's a striker. He's also far more marketable and should not be sold (unless someone offers Neymar money I suppose).

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
    May 22, 2009
    Tbh, if we receive a huge offer for Pjanic, I'd sell him. He's a great player on his day, but incredibly inconsistent. I'd sell Pjanic for 90-100 million, Sandro for 70, and rebuild with youngsters, Martial, Fabinho, Can, Caldara, and Spinazolla.
    No one is going to pay 90 odd million for Pjanic :howler:
    Half of that would be stretching it.

Honestly though, I personally don't know anyone who rates him. Besides Juve fans, obviously.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
    Don't want to point the finger at just Pjanic b/c it was a collective shit show with players already thinking about the break thinking job done after tough fixtures and easy opponent (and OK, a few were fatigued), but for a top team trying to win the CL, it's amazing that we don't have a single WC midfielder.

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2,091
    Beppe didn't deny the Wilshire rumours. :p

Said Can is our #1 target but if it's not happening then they'll look elsewhere.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
    No one is going to pay 90 odd million for Pjanic :howler:
    Half of that would be stretching it.

Honestly though, I personally don't know anyone who rates him. Besides Juve fans, obviously.
    Oxlade-Chamberlain and Drinkwater went for 40 million. We could easily get 70-80 million for Pjanic. 90 might be stretching it.

If we let Pjanic go for 45 million in this market, then we’d be biggest laughing stock in Europe.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
    With out any sales I would be happy with inclusion of:
    Emre Can
    Darmian
    Spinazzola

If we decide to sell one of wingers (Cuads, Pjaca?) We should go for Martial.
    If we sell Sandro then someone better than Darmian/Spinazzola is needed. No idea who could that be.

But really i cant see how we could upgrade this team, the only way is getting 100m caliber player, possibly for MF but we know we wont do it.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
    Jun 1, 2012
    Oxlade-Chamberlain and Drinkwater went for 40 million. We could easily get 70-80 million for Pjanic. 90 might be stretching it.

If we let Pjanic go for 45 million in this market, then we’d be biggest laughing stock in Europe.
    He'll turn 28 later this year. Doesnt have age on his side. Only Chinese teams would cough up offers in the excess of 50-60M for Pjanic especially if we take his current form into account.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 106)