Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (62 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #20,082
    Not sure i even want Can next summer. Bentancur might emerge into smth here and then Can will stop his development. And im not sure Can is upgrade over Marchisio/Khedira if we look for long term injury related reasons replacement.
    well we ain't gonna get Milinkovic-Savic with that fat fuck Lotito. Can for free to replace Khedira would be a very good move.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    Can is not smth we need after Matuidi, he is an opportunity target.
    CMs grow in trees, no need to pay for them if we are careful. Can is seen as the new Khedira, it's worrying that we are pleased with him, but we are and if we can get a young Khedira at the sunset of his contract but at the dawn of his carrier, that would be great!

Snobist

DareDevil
    Apr 16, 2017
    Such a missed opportunity. Schick and Keita will hunt us badly in the future. Beppe overpays for average players while he penny pinches for real stars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
    But this is becoming a classic Marotta move. We are interested in some player. Player wants Juve. Marotta feels the power and offers 1/2 or 1/3 of the players value, while the club want at least 75%. We keep haggling until another club comes, pays full price and gets the player. Marotta is left with 2 fingers up his ass, saying we did all we could to sign the player.
    Jorge Martinez, Hernanes, Isla, endless loans of Melo to get no money, underselling Vidal, underselling Bonucci, selling Bonucci to a rival, underselling Tevez, underselling Dani Alves, underselling Llorente, agents fees on Pogba.....

I have a feeling missing on Schick and Keita, spending a huge chunk of our budget on Benatia could be on that list eventually.

Marotta has done an excellent job overall but he certainly has more than 3 mistakes.
    Bit ridiculous really, trying to penny pinch with our revenues after spending 20M for the last 2 Summers. There's being frugal and there's being a tight cunt that nobody wants to deal with.
    :agree:

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    Such a missed opportunity. Schick and Keita will hunt us badly in the future. Beppe overpays for average players while he penny pinches for real stars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maybe if we didn't give players with a value away for free we wouldn't need to penny pinch so much.

There is no way after the season Dani Alves had that someone wouldn't have been willing to pay a decent amount for him. I'm sure PSG would have paid and still been thankful for selling him.

Papi-a

May 9, 2006
    For sure the worse mercato in many years!

How can people rate 7/10???

For me its close to 3/10!

Lost a top 3 defender World wide, and Perhaps the best Rb wordwide. And repalced them with nothing!

We bought Costa and matuidi , good players who will perfome Well!

After my opinion the two Real talents is keita and Schick, and not Bernadeschi! He is a good player, nothing more - I May be wrong, but i Think there is more talent in specialy Schick!

Zero competition for Higuain. And if he gets injuried our starter Will be Mandzukic??

The best in this mercato was to keep Dybala and Alex Sandro.

juventus4life

Apr 21, 2012
    Maybe if we didn't give players with a value away for free we wouldn't need to penny pinch so much.

There is no way after the season Dani Alves had that someone wouldn't have been willing to pay a decent amount for him. I'm sure PSG would have paid and still been thankful for selling him.
    Giovinco sucked at Juve but he was still decisive for other small clubs. We let him go for free.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    For sure the worse mercato in many years!

How can people rate 7/10???

For me its close to 3/10!

Lost a top 3 defender World wide, and Perhaps the best Rb wordwide. And repalced them with nothing!

We bought Costa and matuidi , good players who will perfome Well!

After my opinion the two Real talents is keita and Schick, and not Bernadeschi! He is a good player, nothing more - I May be wrong, but i Think there is more talent in specialy Schick!

Zero competition for Higuain. And if he gets injuried our starter Will be Mandzukic??

The best in this mercato was to keep Dybala and Alex Sandro.
    3 is generous, im not entirely bought on costa and tbh id have preferred fabinho over matuidi

schick was the only one I was genuinely excited about and ricardo pereira even if the rumours were perhaps weak

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
    Would love to have Keita but let's be real here, he would've only come if Cuadrado was sold and even then, we're already over stacked in attack. Our coach hasn't used our newest signings for a single minute in the league so going by that trend, Keita would've had to wait 6 months maybe to get minutes at Juventus. He's young and explosive and he'll benefit from getting solid game time at another club, not at Juventus. We're already stacked in attack. Also it's easier to convince somebody like Cuadrado to be a backup than someone like Keita.
    Good points. I'm a big fan of Cuads so happy if he stays.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
    Oct 2, 2013
    5 for me

Upgraded attack, thank god. Shame Allegri takes 6 years to integrate players though.

Midfield, brought Matuidi in. Cool but expected more. Khedira's regressing and Marchisio might be finished. So we neglected it. Bad.

Defence. Lol. Raped our own defence. Lost a WC CB to our rivals for 32M and a WC RB for free even though we could've milked 10M easily.

If Bonucci was at any other big club he'd have fetched 60M minimum.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)