Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (23 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
No. This really shouldn't be this difficult but I'll give it a try. When I've seen plenty of the players in question I don't need stats as I know what they are capable of. If one hasn't seen much of the players in question stats can give some clue about what kind of player that player might be. You are of course free to believe what you like and as you branded my opinion as something of no value why should your opinion based on absolutely nothing but speculation be of more value?
I never said that my opinion about Cuadrado possibly working as RB and not trusting Spinazzola as LB is more valid than yours. We can't know who is right until we see them. Stats just prove that Spinazzola has not played as LB and he has played as LWB less than Cuadrado has played as RWB. So the argument Spinazzola is a defender and Cuadrado is a winger works only on FM and Fifa. Stats also contradict your statement that Cuadrado is physically and mentally weak and doesn't get in and win duels, while Spinazzola is strong. If that were true, that would show up somehow in actual football match, right? But in reality Cuadrado wins more duels than Spinazzola. How do you explain that?

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 6, 2015
I never said that my opinion about Cuadrado possibly working as RB and not trusting Spinazzola as LB is more valid than yours. We can't know who is right until we see them. Stats just prove that Spinazzola has not played as LB and he has played as LWB less than Cuadrado has played as RWB. So the argument Spinazzola is a defender and Cuadrado is a winger works only on FM and Fifa. Stats also contradict your statement that Cuadrado is physically and mentally weak and doesn't get in and win duels, while Spinazzola is strong. If that were true, that would show up somehow in actual football match, right? But in reality Cuadrado wins more duels than Spinazzola. How do you explain that?
Spinazzola has played LB for the national team and looked very good there. Last season Spinazzola played almost exclusively as a LWB while Cuadrado played as a RW. The only time I remember seeing Cuadrado play as a RB for Juve was for a few minutes in the Coppa Italia final against Milan and he looked completely out of place, before that I believe he was tried as a RB when at Lecce and that didn't really work either so they moved him further up.

I really don't see how someone can watch Cuadrado and not see how physically weak he is and how easily he is brushed aside in duels. I'd be quite surprised if Cuadrado had a better success rate when tackling or aerially than Spinazzola.

Attachments

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Spinazzola has played LB for the national team and looked very good there. Last season Spinazzola played almost exclusively as a LWB while Cuadrado played as a RW. The only time I remember seeing Cuadrado play as a RB for Juve was for a few minutes in the Coppa Italia final against Milan and he looked completely out of place, before that I believe he was tried as a RB when at Lecce and that didn't really work either so they moved him further up.

I really don't see how someone can watch Cuadrado and not see how physically weak he is and how easily he is brushed aside in duels. I'd be quite surprised if Cuadrado had a better success rate when tackling or aerially than Spinazzola.
Season 15/16 Cuadrado played a lot as RWB when we used 3-5-2. Just because Cuadrado falls easily to earn a foul doesn't mean that he is not aggressive in defense.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not surprised that you are surprised. The data shows Cuadrado is more aggresive, wins more tackles, makes more interceptions. Spinazzola is superior in the air, but he still wins fewer duels overall, which means Cuadrado wins a lot more duels on the ground.

Attachments

Jun 6, 2015
Season 15/16 Cuadrado played a lot as RWB when we used 3-5-2. Just because Cuadrado falls easily to earn a foul doesn't mean that he is not aggressive in defense.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not surprised that you are surprised. The data shows Cuadrado is more aggresive, wins more tackles, makes more interceptions. Spinazzola is superior in the air, but he still wins fewer duels overall, which means Cuadrado wins a lot more duels on the ground.
Being able to play wing-back is very different to being able to play full-back and nothing I've seen suggest that Cuadrado would do very well there. Those stats hardly make a compelling case for Cuadrado either. He pretty much loses every single header and that's not really a good thing when you are being played as a defender. Also I think that total duels percentage you are using to try and prove your point includes successful take-ons which is hardly something we should rate defenders on. Anyways we are going in circles and comparing stats between a winger and a wing-back so this argument hardly even makes sense in that regard.

Future will prove you very wrong ;)

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Being able to play wing-back is very different to being able to play full-back and nothing I've seen suggest that Cuadrado would do very well there. Those stats hardly make a compelling case for Cuadrado either. He pretty much loses every single header and that's not really a good thing when you are being played as a defender. Also I think that total duels percentage you are using to try and prove your point includes successful take-ons which is hardly something we should rate defenders on. Anyways we are going in circles and comparing stats between a winger and a wing-back so this argument hardly even makes sense in that regard.
That's my point exactly. Spinazzola plays as a wing back and he won't work as a full back here. I think dribbling past an opponent is an important quality for a full back, for me it's usually more important than aerial ability, which is obviously a weakness of Cuadrado.

If you don't like that comparison, compare the stats of Spinazzola with Cuadrado from season 15/16 when he played as a wing back most of the time. Hint: it's about the same.

And I still didn't hear your explanation why Cuadrado wins more tackles than Spinazzola.

Jun 6, 2015
That's my point exactly. Spinazzola plays as a wing back and he won't work as a full back here. I think dribbling past an opponent is an important quality for a full back, for me it's usually more important than aerial ability, which is obviously a weakness of Cuadrado.

If you don't like that comparison, compare the stats of Spinazzola with Cuadrado from season 15/16 when he played as a wing back most of the time. Hint: it's about the same.

And I still didn't hear your explanation why Cuadrado wins more tackles than Spinazzola.
Cuadrado probably wins more tackles than Spinazzola because he simply tries to tackle more and before you say that that's a sign of his huge physical presence it's not. There are many factors in being a good defender and just trying to tackle more than the other guy means absolutely nothing at all.

You can disagree all you want about Spinazzola not working as a full-back but it will be all in vain as he simply will and does work as a full-back wherever he will play in that position.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Cuadrado probably wins more tackles than Spinazzola because he simply tries to tackle more and before you say that that's a sign of his huge physical presence it's not. There are many factors in being a good defender and just trying to tackle more than the other guy means absolutely nothing at all.

You can disagree all you want about Spinazzola not working as a full-back but it will be all in vain as he simply will and does work as a full-back wherever he will play in that position.
There is a tackles lost stat. Cuadrado tries more tackles, which is kind of the definition of being more aggressive, and they win about the same percentage of tackles, which is particularly poor for Spinazzola because attempting less tackles means he only tries less risky tackles. His success rate should be higher. By the way, 0.79 for a fullback or wingback is very poor.

Jun 6, 2015
There is a tackles lost stat. Cuadrado tries more tackles, which is kind of the definition of being more aggressive, and they win about the same percentage of tackles, which is particularly poor for Spinazzola because attempting less tackles means he only tries less risky tackles. His success rate should be higher. By the way, 0.79 for a fullback or wingback is very poor.
Yeah that's certainly something Spinazzola needs to improve at but he's not defensively fragile by any means.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Cuadrado played RB with Colombia in Copa America and he was horrible. His positioning is awful.
He may have been horrible but he wasn't a RB.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that's certainly something Spinazzola needs to improve at but he's not defensively fragile by any means.
I'm certainly not arguing that he can't succeed as fullback if he improves.

EuroMaxxx

Aug 20, 2015

- - - Updated - - -

I must say; I'm impressed with this comprehensive analysis. But even more with those open tabs in the screenshot.
EuroMaxxx approves.
:allegri:

Dujj

Jun 4, 2017
Dunno what their source is, but Canal-Supporter is saying that Juve wants Matuidi, and Krycho

http://canal-supporters.com/2017/07/krychowiak-toujours-desire-espagne-italie-plaza-deportiva/

You know how I defended Matuidi here because I think he's good. But you know, Krycho is really bad in any team that plays possession playstyle. I think he will not perform good at Juve.

Beppe in the one million chance that you read this: do not look after Krycho, he's trash. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)