Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Spinazzola is a left-back while Cuadrado is a right-winger really don't see where the confusion comes from. I know it has become fashionable on this forum to suggest Cuadrado as a RB but I really doubt that would be a good idea. Cuadrado just doesn't have the mental or physical ability to defend well.
I don't know how you got confused either. Let's check the statistics. According to whoscored Spinazzola has 0 games as LB, 14 games WBL, 11 games ML and 3 games on right. Cuadrado has 52 games as WBR or RB (doesn't say how many of which) and 64 games as MR and AMR. Cuadrado has an average of 1.5 tackles per games as wingback and 1.1 interceptions vs 1.1 and 1 for Spinazzola. He also has proven his defensive ability against quality opposition, like Neymar. How many times did he cover for Alves when he was out of position?

Jun 6, 2015
I don't know how you got confused either. Let's check the statistics. According to whoscored Spinazzola has 0 games as LB, 14 games WBL, 11 games ML and 3 games on right. Cuadrado has 52 games as WBR or RB (doesn't say how many of which) and 64 games as MR and AMR. Cuadrado has an average of 1.5 tackles per games as wingback and 1.1 interceptions vs 1.1 and 1 for Spinazzola. He also has proven his defensive ability against quality opposition, like Neymar. How many times did he cover for Alves when he was out of position?
Just no. Although Spinazzola plays as a wing-back for Atalanta he's more of a full-back than a winger nowadays unlike Cuadrado. Being a full-back you need certain physical and mental attributes that Cuadrado clearly lacks. It's very different to be a hard-worker who helps his full-back when doubling on dangerous wingers than it is to be an all out defender. Cuadrado is physically weak in duels and just doesn't have that mentality to get stuck in that you need to have as a defender.

When it comes to Spinazzola he would play as full-back in our team mostly (just like he does for the national team) unlike Cuadrado who is a winger.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Just no. Although Spinazzola plays as a wing-back for Atalanta he's more of a full-back than a winger nowadays unlike Cuadrado. Being a full-back you need certain physical and mental attributes that Cuadrado clearly lacks. It's very different to be a hard-worker who helps his full-back when doubling on dangerous wingers than it is to be an all out defender. Cuadrado is physically weak in duels and just doesn't have that mentality to get stuck in that you need to have as a defender.

When it comes to Spinazzola he would play as full-back in our team mostly (just like he does for the national team) unlike Cuadrado who is a winger.
Right, no need for any evidence. Just no based on absolutely nothing. You have convinced me.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, I don't know if Cuadrado will work as a RB, but he has played many games a RWB. And if he is so weak, why does he win more tackles and more duels and a higher % of duels than Spinazzola?

If Spinazzola comes here and we use him as a LB he will fail. You can save that quote.

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
Okay, the owner have money but they give Marotta a budget. I'd say we have maximum 50m left. Keita would cost at least 20, a good DM at least 40 and a good RB at least 25.
All those players (if we buy them) will be paid in instalments, the whole amount hardly ever get transferred within one window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
True, just stating that the amounts he mentioned wouldn't be transferred in one go

Just like all the money we receive will be paid in installments. And we probably still have payments left from previous transfers like Higuain for example. And Costa was 6m loan but if it's obligation we should count it as 46m.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #16,991
    @Mark, I know we're not getting SMS, any chance we're in for him next year? Would hate to see him go to shinter

There's always a chance.

Rumours of Licht having a deal with Nice. More Cancelo and Spinazzola rumours.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
    True, just stating that the amounts he mentioned wouldn't be transferred in one go

I know, but how is that relevant? If you want to look at the cash flow than you have to count all installments for transfers from previous years. The more accurate and financially logical way to calculate is based on expenses. When we buy a player that will be paid in installments the entire payment goes in this years Profit & Loss sheet. The current payments goes in the cash flow sheet, the rest goes in the balance sheet as a liability. That's why if Costa is loan + obligation the total expense in the P&L sheet is 46m, because the 40m is a liability. If it's an option the expense is 6m because the option is an asset.

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
    I know, but how is that relevant? If you want to look at the cash flow than you have to count all installments for transfers from previous years. The more accurate and financially logical way to calculate is based on expenses. When we buy a player that will be paid in installments the entire payment goes in this years Profit & Loss sheet. The current payments goes in the cash flow sheet, the rest goes in the balance sheet as a liability. That's why if Costa is loan + obligation the total expense in the P&L sheet is 46m, because the 40m is a liability. If it's an option the expense is 6m because the option is an asset.
    I know how it's treated in the financial statements.

Jun 6, 2015
    Right, no need for any evidence. Just no based on absolutely nothing. You have convinced me.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, I don't know if Cuadrado will work as a RB, but he has played many games a RWB. And if he is so weak, why does he win more tackles and more duels and a higher % of duels than Spinazzola?

If Spinazzola comes here and we use him as a LB he will fail. You can save that quote.
    What? I've watched pretty much every single game Cuadrado has played for us and have seen more than enough of Spinazzola too. I just literally mentioned the reasons why I don't see it being a good idea, posting some meaningless stats won't make my case any stronger/weaker. These evaluations are based on what I've seen.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
    What? I've watched pretty much every single game Cuadrado has played for us and have seen more than enough of Spinazzola too. I just literally mentioned the reasons why I don't see it being a good idea, posting some meaningless stats won't make my case any stronger/weaker. These evaluations are based on what I've seen.
    It's only meaningless if it doesn't support your "case", right? And you have no case, you have an opinion based on some games you've watched. We'll see who is right if we ever see Spinazzola as LB here.

Jun 6, 2015
    It's only meaningless if it doesn't support your "case", right? And you have no case, you have an opinion based on some games you've watched. We'll see who is right if we ever see Spinazzola as LB here.
    No. This really shouldn't be this difficult but I'll give it a try. When I've seen plenty of the players in question I don't need stats as I know what they are capable of. If one hasn't seen much of the players in question stats can give some clue about what kind of player that player might be. You are of course free to believe what you like and as you branded my opinion as something of no value why should your opinion based on absolutely nothing but speculation be of more value?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)