Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
If you want to complain about us not doing as well as Bayern than selling is the real issue, not buying. Saying publicly that we will sell any player if he asks to leave is a stupid policy, even if it's just media bullshit and not actually true. It's a public invitation for the top clubs to agree terms with the players they want and get them to ask for a move, thus bending us over and lubricating us nicely for penetration. We are not yet at the level of appeal of Barca or Real or even Bayern and we can't match the salary budget that City, Manure and PSG have. Real player loyalty is a thing of the past. If Barca or City come to Dybala's agent and offer to double or triple his wage, he'll ask for a transfer.

Just compare our policy to Bayern's who publicly say they don't sell important players, period.

There are only 2 good reasons for a club like Juve to sell a player.
1. They don't need him.
2. They get such a high offer that they can use that money to compensate for the departure and improve the team even more.

By that criterion I think Pogba was a good sale and Vidal was a bad one. Unless Rugani really steps up this season, Bonucci will likely be a fail, too. Not to mention selling to a direct rival is :sergio:

- - - Updated - - -

I know. But since PSG clearly wanted him, I assume that if we hadn't just terminated his contract they would've contacted us at some point. Of course, it's also possible that they hate us so much that they wouldn't have given us any money for him. We'll never know.
I don't care much about Bayern, I'm just pointing out that there are quality midfielders on the market, we just seem to miss out on them and that pisses me off. I just feel like we're going for a disaster if we head into the season with Costa as the starting RW, de Sciglio/Licht as RB and Khedira as the DM. hopefully Marchisio is back and Costa turns out to be a beast defensively

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
I don't care much about Bayern, I'm just pointing out that there are quality midfielders on the market, we just seem to miss out on them and that pisses me off. I just feel like we're going for a disaster if we head into the season with Costa as the starting RW, de Sciglio/Licht as RB and Khedira as the DM. hopefully Marchisio is back and Costa turns out to be a beast defensively
But Costa was bought for left side. Bernardeschi for right side.

I think its pretty obvious we are going for Cancelo or some alternative. Look, we play De Sciglio in this friendly right now cause Allegri wants to give all players minutes and DSC might sit on bench most of the season.

The main concern i have is if Sandro gets injured for a longer time or suspended in big CL game, then we are fked. For that reason i would consider Spinazzola.

Asamoah is going to get skinned if we face a quality opposition.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
Okay, the owner have money but they give Marotta a budget. I'd say we have maximum 50m left. Keita would cost at least 20, a good DM at least 40 and a good RB at least 25.

We wanted to pay 40mil for Nzonzi, we made an offer for danilo in the region of 20 mil and also made offers for keita balde. So we clearly can make the offers.

Also if u offload the likes of lemina and rincon them we can spend money

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
We need a better RB than de Sciglio: Sidibe, Cancelo

We need a better DM then Khedira:
Matic, SMS

We want an alternative to Dybala: KeitaBalde

We need to offload many players: rincon sturaro lemina asamoah
Asamoah is LB backup at the min. Doubt he goes anywhere.

DS is both sides backup but as it stands he's starting RB :snoop:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
We wanted to pay 40mil for Nzonzi, we made an offer for danilo in the region of 20 mil and also made offers for keita balde. So we clearly can make the offers.

Also if u offload the likes of lemina and rincon them we can spend money
Don't you think that if we wanted to, then he would already be here by now, considering that is his release clause?

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Asamoah, Lemina and Rincon must go.

Pjanic, Khedira, Matic/SMS/Nzonzi, Marchisio, Bentancur, Sturaro in the midfield and we are set.

Spinazzola as a vice A. Sandro.

Cancelo would be fine as a RB, since there are not many options. Move Lich as a vice RCB if we play 3 in the back.

Get Garay on the cheap as well. Not a bad player, next to Giorgio, Rugani, Benatia, Barza he would be great. Not that old either, I tought he was older.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Who's the right winger playing left back though, spinazzola? I've never even seen him play on the right. I'm sure he can since he's right footed but he's proven himself on the left.

As for cuadrado, who knows, but im not dying to find out. There's a level of difference defensively between spinazzola and cuadrado.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Who's the right winger playing left back though, spinazzola? I've never even seen him play on the right. I'm sure he can since he's right footed but he's proven himself on the left.

As for cuadrado, who knows, but im not dying to find out. There's a level of difference defensively between spinazzola and cuadrado.
Cuadrado is better defensively, he has been used successfully as a wingback many times. Spinazzola is good in offence but he seems awkward in defense. I don't know what his original position is but he has played a few games on the right for Atalanta. I think they used him mainly on the left because they had Conti.

Jun 6, 2015
Spinazzola is a left-back while Cuadrado is a right-winger really don't see where the confusion comes from. I know it has become fashionable on this forum to suggest Cuadrado as a RB but I really doubt that would be a good idea. Cuadrado just doesn't have the mental or physical ability to defend well.

Apr 19, 2007
Okay, the owner have money but they give Marotta a budget. I'd say we have maximum 50m left. Keita would cost at least 20, a good DM at least 40 and a good RB at least 25.
I agree but if we get Keita Cuads is out and also we can sell Lemina and either Rincon or Stu and still have5-6 mids.
Cuads-30 mil
Lemina 18
Stu-10
58 total so it could be done if thats the direction we want to go and these numbers are all acurate

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
I agree but if we get Keita Cuads is out and also we can sell Lemina and either Rincon or Stu and still have5-6 mids.
Cuads-30 mil
Lemina 18
Stu-10
58 total so it could be done if thats the direction we want to go and these numbers are all acurate
18 for Lemina is optimistic, but yeah if we sell we can buy more. I would also like at least 35 for Cuadrado if we sell to Milan.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Spinazzola is a left-back while Cuadrado is a right-winger really don't see where the confusion comes from. I know it has become fashionable on this forum to suggest Cuadrado as a RB but I really doubt that would be a good idea. Cuadrado just doesn't have the mental or physical ability to defend well.
Yeah. Besides, putting cuadrado at RB in our formation isn't playing him to his strengths. In a 352 he can play rwb but that's about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)