Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 6, 2015
Tough to compare defender performance in Serie A and the EPL. Just because Darmian hasn't been stellar at United, doesn't mean he won't be good with us. EPL systems are much less structured, with team defending being emphasized a lot less. Good 1v1 defenders excel in the EPL, while Serie A defenders need different attributes, such as concentration. Truth is that in Serie A, the backline is hardly ever exposed, while in the EPL those situations develop several times per game. As Modric said: "Juventus defenders are very good when in position but struggle in counter attacks". When defenders are drilled how to defend as a team and then flung into an open system where you're facing multiple 1v1s per game, that player will naturally not appear as solid.
The thing about the average EPL defending being less structured is true, but Darmian plays under Mourinho and Mourinho teams are very well structured in defense and Mou definitely emphasizes team defending over individualistic defending.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Mar 3, 2014
The thing about the average EPL defending being less structured is true, but Darmian plays under Mourinho and Mourinho teams are very well structured in defense and Mou definitely emphasizes team defending over individualistic defending.
That's fair. Less of a contrast than the Spurs for example, but I'd still be hesitant to write off a player based on their EPL performance. Not saying I'm convinced by him either.

Jun 6, 2015
They have very low standards, but he is very likeable guy tho. And I really liked him as a winger, underrated, even if he is too much of a straight line type of winger, he did his work with gunlazing effort.

It also helps he is identical to a young black MJ :D
He was quite good last season to be fair. Mourinho has a good track-record of making full-backs perform better and that happened again with Valencia.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
They have very low standards, but he is very likeable guy tho. And I really liked him as a winger, underrated, even if he is too much of a straight line type of winger, he did his work with gunlazing effort.

It also helps he is identical to a young black MJ :D

- - - Updated - - -

Nah he was real good as winger :p
Its what you said in the 1st part of your post, straight line type of winger. Wonder how he would do against an organized defensive team that doesent leave much space behind. I do like his effort he puts in every game, but i think hed best be used as a RWB, not as much defensive responsibilities and a player infront him that can create space for his runs

dann10

Ho visto Del Piero
Aug 26, 2008
Although probably fake, TuttoJuve are saying Danilo is virtually done and wants to play with Sandro again to revive his career. Makes little sense if Sandro is close to leaving though.

And Spinnazola and Asa staying doesn't mean Sandro 100% leaves. Asa could be used as CM if Lemina is sold to the EPL or Rincon is used in Bernardeschi's deal.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Juventino[RUS];5555899 said:
Imagine having a chance to sign Darmian, DS yet they want to give 15m to Real for Danilo who was complete disaster for madrid :lol:
Danilo at his best is better than either of those guys at their best. It's a risk, but the reward is higher.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Although probably fake, TuttoJuve are saying Danilo is virtually done and wants to play with Sandro again to revive his career. Makes little sense if Sandro is close to leaving though.

And Spinnazola and Asa staying doesn't mean Sandro 100% leaves. Asa could be used as CM if Lemina is sold to the EPL or Rincon is used in Bernardeschi's deal.
Asa days as CM is done. Too shook and weak under pressure centrally.

Spinazzola signing doesn't have me worried as in meaning Sandro leaves, but if we sell Asa it defenitely would mean for me we aren't looking to sell him.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Bernardeschi + Danilo > Cuadrado + Alves > D.Costa + Darmian/MDS
I dont know about this - Danilo is a gamble while Bernardeschi is just a good talented player its not as he is a mega star...
Alves did great here while Cuad has his on and off... D.Costa is very underrated here IMO while Im not ecstatic about Darmian or MDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)