Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
What was the kind of period between first strong links and signing, can you remember?
We were linked to him before we even sold Vidal. And I posted the news here about us linked with Sandro quoting Portuguese sources and nobody believed it at the time.

Once we sold Vidal, no reporter had a clue who we were signing. All the attention was directed at the Draxler rumors and we were set to sign Siqueira until out of nowhere we snapped up Sandro(this is shortly after we got publicly rejected by Schalke for Draxler)

There was hardly any negotiations with Sandro. It was a very swift deal with Porto and Beppe himself acknowledged that Porto cooperated very well with us.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
We were linked to him before we even sold Vidal. And I posted the news here about us linked with Sandro quoting Portuguese sources and nobody believed it at the time.

Once we sold Vidal, no reporter had a clue who we were signing. All the attention was directed at the Draxler rumors and we were set to sign Siqueira until out of nowhere we snapped up Sandro(this is shortly after we got publicly rejected by Schalke for Draxler)

There was hardly any negotiations with Sandro. It was a very swift deal with Porto and Beppe himself acknowledged that Porto cooperated very well with us.
Ah ok cheers. Well we needed a left back for a long time so it's not like we can say it was a random deal, but it's funny how we decide to strengthen an area when an opportunity pops up. We ended up still playing Evra a lot in that season, after all.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I really like spinazzola but Sandro is elite. If we sell Sandro and go with Spinazzola, we better invest that money elsewhere. Get me Fabinho. Buy Bernardeschi AND another top talent (Keita for example)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Another summer if mercato inception. No one has a clue what is happening or going to happen. We thought we were doomed last year...and the year before that....even the year before that.

Beppeception.

We live in it.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
This mercato is just too dry.. maybe its due to it being only June...
The truth is RB isnt a must I mean yes we do need one but a starter isnt a must... Lichtsteiner has been underrated for years IMO and is a very good RB IMO! (although I must admit he declined a bit..)
LB is only a must if we sell A.Sandro
CM - We need a physical presence there
LW RW - I like Pjaca but we dont know how good he`ll be when he comes back + he isnt dominating enough (maybe in the future...)
D.Costa - I know some here like him and some doesnt but I think he is the type we need
Bernardeschi - He is definitely very talented and is Italian so its good for the identity of this Juve as an Italian club - He isnt the type who dribbles from the wing and cut inside like Costa but he is great at his own game
Keita - Definitely the type we need and I would be very happy to see him here

CF - already covered if he stays - Schick - Definitely a talented player with a good eye for goal - Definitely not a Higuain kind of level but who knows he might be the so called next Zlatan (he might also not be the next Zlatan..)

Just wondering which duo you would prefer - Danilo Bernardeschi vs Darmian D.Costa - I personally prefer the first since I really dont rate Darmian while De Sciglio is ok but not really a superstar - Danilo might be who knows..

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
A RB is a must. Licht has been shit for like two seasons. Rapid decline.

Danilo and Berna is slightly better than Darmian and Costa. I'd love for something more exciting and appealing, but this is reality, and getting 2nd tier players is what we're capable of, at present, it seems.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
RB isn't a must? :lol2: GTFOH!!! Licht and those pathetic crosses of his!!! Even a cripple can cross better than that. We're handicapping ourselves with that turd going forward. Once he had some pace and he doesn't even have that anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)