Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (21 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
I agree with that assessment of Trez. He was a finisher, a great finisher but that's it. Nothing like Higuain who is the best CF we've had in a long, long time. A complete striker.

- - - Updated - - -

When Dzeko is in form he not that different from Trezeguet really. His time in Wolfsburg, his best days at City and this season at Roma his finishing is on point. THe problem is that Dzeko has gone missing too many times in his carrer. But I agree that a good Dzeko is a solid comparison for Trez.

Bacca is a bit too poor to be in that conversation.

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Nope he didnt..

Its funny as when Trez was playing everyone judged him differently...
Trez was WC when it came to finishing - Was he really that good as people here now say?! No.. not even close!
Give Trez a chance and he`ll shoot and head it into the net - dont provide him much and you`ll feel you are playing with 10 men - That is what he really was! I konw you like him as he is part of our history but honestly he wasnt nearly as good as Higuain is now (even if his finishing skills were better!)

A player that reminds me of him now is Dzeko but even Dzeko has better attributes when it comes to everything (put aside shooting and heading when he was absolutely the best)

Would I want someone like him in our team now?! Nope! I`ll always prefer us to sign someone who is more active!
Dzeko and Trez are very different players, Dzeko is the opposite of Trez actually (not a great finisher but very good all around game for a CF)

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Nope he didnt..

Trez was WC when it came to finishing - Was he really that good as people here now say?! No.. not even close!
Give Trez a chance and he`ll shoot and head it into the net - dont provide him much and you`ll feel you are playing with 10 men - That is what he really was! I konw you like him as he is part of our history but honestly he wasnt nearly as good as Higuain is now (even if his finishing skills were better!)

A player that reminds me of him now is Dzeko but even Dzeko has better attributes when it comes to everything (put aside shooting and heading when he was absolutely the best)

Would I want someone like him in our team now?! Nope! I`ll always prefer us to sign someone who is more active!
Trez could be frustrating at times, because he could finish chances and had good movement, but thats it.
Maybe Matri is a better comparison. Just much much better offcourse.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Stop talking about quality and palming your head like a noob, the question here is playing style.

And indeed Dzeko is not apt enough comparison, not due to quality but because he has little more all around game then outright poacher like Trez.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Because some people have way too much time on their hands and have nothing better to do :boh:

- - - Updated - - -

I know we are linked with Tolisso, but would anyone take Danilo Pereira from Porto? He's only 25, and has a release clause of 40 million (I'm sure we can get him for 30 + bonuses).

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Nope he didnt..

Spot on$ trez literally had no ball skills. We were in faxt playing with 10 men when he had a bad day. It was well known and we used to moan a lot about that. Me included

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Okay so a WC player like Trez, has no basic dribbling skills...sure buddy you're right

Ffs Dzeko/ Bacca. :sergio:
WC player like Trez - You are making it sound like he was a 100M worth player... He was bought for 26M and yes these were different times but in todays market he wouldnt go past 40M...
Trez was WC in terms of finishing but in terms of play (including dribbling) it was like he was awol!
You are either biased and cant keep an objective mind or you started watching Juve after the Trez era!

Give him 1 on 1 vs the GK and he could shoot or dribble past him but against defenders he rarely tried to dribble past them and by saying rarely and not never it is just to avoid you find a rare youtube video which he is going past a player

Trez > Higuain > Dzeko
Trez at 28>Higuain at 14>Dzeko at 15 - Now it makes sense

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
The most complete striker we've had the past 7/8 seasons was easily Tevez. I'd take him over Higuain any day.
I wrote CF, in that I'm not including Tevez who was fantastic (or Dybala, Del Piero, etc.), but our frontmen like Mandzukic, Morata, Llorente, Matri, Quagliarella, Amauri, Trezeguet, etc.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
The most complete striker we've had the past 7/8 seasons was easily Tevez. I'd take him over Higuain any day.
Different type of players but if you ask me Tevez was probably the best forward we had since the magic years of DP - Too bad we had to let him go.. (Higuain might score more but what Tevez did here Higuain can only dream about...)

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
WC player like Trez - You are making it sound like he was a 100M worth player... He was bought for 26M and yes these were different times but in todays market he wouldnt go past 40M...
Trez was WC in terms of finishing but in terms of play (including dribbling) it was like he was awol!
You are either biased and cant keep an objective mind or you started watching Juve after the Trez era!

Give him 1 on 1 vs the GK and he could shoot or dribble past him but against defenders he rarely tried to dribble past them and by saying rarely and not never it is just to avoid you find a rare youtube video which he is going past a player

come back when there is a dribbling scudetto

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Because some people have way too much time on their hands and have nothing better to do :boh:

- - - Updated - - -

I know we are linked with Tolisso, but would anyone take Danilo Pereira from Porto? He's only 25, and has a release clause of 40 million (I'm sure we can get him for 30 + bonuses).
i asked the same after our games vs Porto, didnt know he has a clause :tuttosport::beppe:

id take him, would be a better fit for the DM role in the 4231 than Tolisso, who seems more of a mezzalla/AM to me than a guy who will play next to Pjanic

- - - Updated - - -

Spot on$ trez literally had no ball skills. We were in faxt playing with 10 men when he had a bad day. It was well known and we used to moan a lot about that. Me included
what a surprise

General

Nov 23, 2016

40mil...he'd go for as much Chelsea's Costa. imo
Look at the amount of goals he scored at highest level

please no bacca/dzeko it makes me puke

Iirc Simone&Trezeguet at Monaco...he could get past 1defender+1goalkeeper. :D

Totally agree (to disagree) wise forum lord Orgut

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I think people confuse playing football on Fifa to the real life game. Not every player needs to be able to dribble through a team.

Trezeguet was an incredible striker, if you put the ball in the box no matter how good or bad the delivery he had the anticipation to get in a good position and agility to get a shot in even even when the ball was behind him or on the volley.

Of course he wasn't a dribbler or a creative genius but he more than made up for it by being a superb finisher no matter what foot he used or his head. People say he can't create a chance for himself. Nonsense, there are other ways to create a chance for yourself than dribbling past people, what about turning just about every loose ball near the box into a shooting opportunity?

This is our record foreign goalscorer and 4th top scorer of all time. A guy that averaged better than a goal every two games over his career for us (including a strong Serie A and CL) and when playing for France. Someone who was Serie A player of the year when Serie A was at its peak.

89man

Sep 4, 2013
I think people confuse playing football on Fifa to the real life game. Not every player needs to be able to dribble through a team.

Trezeguet was an incredible striker, if you put the ball in the box no matter how good or bad the delivery he had the anticipation to get in a good position and agility to get a shot in even even when the ball was behind him or on the volley.

Of course he wasn't a dribbler or a creative genius but he more than made up for it by being a superb finisher no matter what foot he used or his head. People say he can't create a chance for himself. Nonsense, there are other ways to create a chance for yourself than dribbling past people, what about turning just about every loose ball near the box into a shooting opportunity?

This is our record foreign goalscorer and 4th top scorer of all time. A guy that averaged better than a goal every two games over his career for us (including a strong Serie A and CL) and when playing for France. Someone who was Serie A player of the year when Serie A was at its peak.
:tup:
Like Van Nistelrooy, Crespo and Inzaghi.
If you have that killer instinct in the box, it more than makes up for any deficiencies or limitations in one's play.

The main requirement of a striker is to put the ball in the back of the net and Trezeguet did that with regularity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)