Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (23 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Not reverse, slow down

Very.

Our cells have a telomere. Its the end of the chromosone. Each time a cel duplicates , the telomere is shortened. A human max age depends on his telomere.

Furthermore, after 29 a gene that controls the, speed of regenerating cells slow down,, the enzymes it decodes get lazy and dont clean up various nucleus related things

They found anti telomerase genes which can restore the telomere
They found ways to influence the genes that controll cell regenreration and enzymatic activity

In mice, they managed toto DOUBLE the life with their therapy
In mice, they found a way to make elderly mice activate back like a young one

ItsIk ridiculously exciting
That's interesting and scary

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
There have been trials in which certain markers for age have been reversed, yes.

But there have been no extensive human trials that I know of.

Don't expect to live forever just yet.If they are able to reverse age, everyone will get the therapy. You can't keep that from people. It would literally be 7 billion people fighting for their lives.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk
Oxidation will still kill us

And the longer you live, the higher the odds of cancer

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Not reverse, slow down

Very.

Our cells have a telomere. Its the end of the chromosone. Each time a cel duplicates , the telomere is shortened. A human max age depends on his telomere.

Furthermore, after 29 a gene that controls the, speed of regenerating cells slow down,, the enzymes it decodes get lazy and dont clean up various nucleus related things

They found anti telomerase genes which can restore the telomere
They found ways to influence the genes that controll cell regenreration and enzymatic activity

In mice, they managed toto DOUBLE the life with their therapy
In mice, they found a way to make elderly mice activate back like a young one

ItsIk ridiculously exciting
It is exciting definitely. But as of now there is no approved therapy for humans. And that's when it gets real.

I bet once the first age related therapy comes out, the entire field will develop much faster.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Oxidation will still kill us

And the longer you live, the higher the odds of cancer
Obviously a true age reversal means being 25 and having everything that entails. Including a low risk of cancer. Which is why any true age reversal is going to have to tackle that issue.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
It is exciting definitely. But as of now there is no approved therapy for humans. And that's when it gets real.

I bet once the first age related therapy comes out, the entire field will develop much faster.

And we'll still remember those times in 2017 where 26 was basically 34 and crippled :D

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Obviously a true age reversal means being 25 and having everything that entails. Including a low risk of cancer. Which is why any true age reversal is going to have to tackle that issue.

Yes but i mean at 25 you can still get cancer. Chances are very very low as your repair enzymes work excellent and find all the wrongs when DNA duplicates.
But there is a chance. Living 1000 years at age 25 means you'll have more chance of ending up with some random cancer at some point

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
And we'll still remember those times in 2017 where 26 was basically 34 and crippled :D
Lol.

But, to be completelh fair, the median age for olympians has been 25 for like forever.

So in a way as an athlete things do go downhill very early.

For us normal people we're usually fine until 50.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Yes but i mean at 25 you can still get cancer. Chances are very very low as your repair enzymes work excellent and find all the wrongs when DNA duplicates.
But there is a chance. Living 1000 years at age 25 means you'll have more chance of ending up with some random cancer at some point
Sure. But I kind of think that when we manage to not die because of aging, we can cure cancer too.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Please give me reasons to be optimistic about the rest of our mercato
If Barca buys Dybala or Chelsea Sandro we'll have a shitload of $$$ to spend.

- - - Updated - - -

What's this?

[video=twitter;887733789325000704]https://twitter.com/juventusfc/status/887733789325000704[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)