Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (44 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex_samatar

Feb 16, 2004
Thought I'd chip in on the Africa age debate as I just had this convo with a colleague yesterday. He's from Cameroon and claims to have played with Alex Song in a youth club in Cameroon many years ago. Said Song's real age is around 36 or 37 (his wiki says 29). Song also retired from the NT at "27". Colleague claims that it is a very common practice and it's not seen as wrong or immoral there.
Maybe he was talking about his uncle lol. The young song is not that old I think because he was a teenager when he signed with Arsenal.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Cant for medical or legal reasons ?

Cause those medical procedures i listed confirm whether a player is closer to 30 than 20, and if ge's past 40

- - - Updated - - -

Past 30*
Medical.

And you're right. Closer to 30. Closer to 40. But there's currently no way of saying if someone is 23 or 24.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
They can reverse age?

Holy fuck.
There have been trials in which certain markers for age have been reversed, yes.

But there have been no extensive human trials that I know of.

Don't expect to live forever just yet.
All the world's elite are gonna live forever. Including Trump
If they are able to reverse age, everyone will get the therapy. You can't keep that from people. It would literally be 7 billion people fighting for their lives.

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
Maybe he was talking about his uncle lol. The young song is not that old I think because he was a teenager when he signed with Arsenal.
No he was talking about Alex, and apparently Rigobert is his cousin not uncle. No idea if he was just talking crap but seemed to find it amusing that his compatriots were scamming European clubs.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
They can reverse age?

Holy fuck.
Not reverse, slow down
Yeah I expect to see some during our lifetime. I have no idea how spectacular they'll be though.

Very.

Our cells have a telomere. Its the end of the chromosone. Each time a cel duplicates , the telomere is shortened. A human max age depends on his telomere.

Furthermore, after 29 a gene that controls the, speed of regenerating cells slow down,, the enzymes it decodes get lazy and dont clean up various nucleus related things

They found anti telomerase genes which can restore the telomere
They found ways to influence the genes that controll cell regenreration and enzymatic activity

In mice, they managed toto DOUBLE the life with their therapy
In mice, they found a way to make elderly mice activate back like a young one

ItsIk ridiculously exciting

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
As if anyone would want to read the Tuz summer transfer thread for the next 300 years.
Ironically I think I'd do more shit if I knew I'd live forever.

I'm 30 now, so I wouldn't want to 'waste' my time studying for another 10 years instead of working.

But if I'd live to 300? Yeah, I'd probably study some more and try to come up with some insane breakthrough. Because now I have the time to really get to know everything about anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)