Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (37 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
There's actually lots of doubts about players coming from africa.

You can find rumors about plenty of them, even Aurier or Seri.

As I said, you can only check a few things when people are actually still kids growing. But if a 30yo looks like a 20yo (it happens), good luck. You can't.

That's why many countries like France fail to properly check if all those migrants that say they are under 18yo are actually telling the truth. Because many people stop growing at 16-17, and they can't check if a person is 17 for real or 25.

Some lies about their ages, because in many countries like France, you have more rights as a minor.

I don't trash anyone here, nor telling migrants are bad or anything, just stating things.
Yeah, that can be difficult especially if they come from a nation where good birth records aren't the norm. It's understandable certainly.

- - - Updated - - -

I am the fact, I was reading rumors about him before Roux opened his silly mouth.

happy :p?
:D I was just kidding.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
There's actually lots of doubts about players coming from africa.

You can find rumors about plenty of them, even Aurier or Seri.

As I said, you can only check a few things when people are actually still kids growing. But if a 30yo looks like a 20yo (it happens), good luck. You can't.

That's why many countries like France fail to properly check if all those migrants that say they are under 18yo are actually telling the truth. Because many people stop growing at 16-17, and they can't check if a person is 17 for real or 25.

Some lies about their ages, because in many countries like France, you have more rights as a minor.

I don't trash anyone here, nor telling migrants are bad or anything, just stating things.
Yeah, you're right, definitely. Also, let's be frank, we all know a professional football career is short. And there are millions involved. If clubs could test the true age of a player, they would.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

Dujj

Jun 4, 2017
Yeah, that can be difficult especially if they come from a nation where good birth records aren't the norm. It's understandable certainly.

- - - Updated - - -

:D I was just kidding.
Yep. In plenty of them, they don't even have proper birth certificates. So it's all up to believe them or not. Not that it makes a difference if they flee from wars. But as I said, in some countries, if you're a minor, you get more rights.

And no problem :D I am not a fan of Roux either anyways. He's like that for age, he also said silly things about german players as if we were still right post WWII :rofl:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Yeah, you're right, definitely. Also, let's be frank, we all know a professional football career is short. And there are millions involved. If clubs could test the true age of a player, they would.

Cut off a leg and count the rings?

Dujj

Jun 4, 2017

You're 100% right.

Of course they would test it if they could. It would make no sense otherwise.

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
Thought I'd chip in on the Africa age debate as I just had this convo with a colleague yesterday. He's from Cameroon and claims to have played with Alex Song in a youth club in Cameroon many years ago. Said Song's real age is around 36 or 37 (his wiki says 29). Song also retired from the NT at "27". Colleague claims that it is a very common practice and it's not seen as wrong or immoral there.

Dujj

Jun 4, 2017
Thought I'd chip in on the Africa age debate as I just had this convo with a colleague yesterday. He's from Cameroon and claims to have played with Alex Song in a youth club in Cameroon many years ago. Said Song's real age is around 36 or 37 (his wiki says 29). Song also retired from the NT at "27". Colleague claims that it is a very common practice and it's not seen as wrong or immoral there.
Well, moral asides, if we're talking only about football, as long as a player performs, who cares.

Even if I dislike him since his statements about Dybala, and Juve, Alves for example is better than any RB in France right now, and probably will be even in 2 years from now.

This age debate is stupid imho. In France, most clubs care about it, and that's stupid. No way Buffon would still be playing if he was a french GK, even if he was the very best. They would say "too old", while in my eyes, he's still top 3, and in many games he shines, and could be seen as top 1 easily.

That's what I like about the Serie A. You don't throw so many players out just because they are supposedly old. While in some leagues like the french leagues, there are too many bad behaviors towards older players, while the only truth is what happens on the turf, nothing else.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Btw I do expect breakthroughs on this front. Aging and how to prevent / reverse it is becoming big business.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Cut off a leg and count the rings?
MRI of the arm and see how the growth bone has evolved. You can see exactly the age untill 19-20, and after that you can make a 3year accurate guess.

Around 30 a muscle biopsy and genetic test can show whether a person is over 29.

At 35 and older a brain biopsy can confirm this.

Pretty sure you arent allowed to do anything except the MRI for ethical/privacy reasons

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
No. You can't. This is a big (legal) debate because of the refugee crisis. There are tests, but they are not accurate.

Cant for medical or legal reasons ?

Cause those medical procedures i listed confirm whether a player is closer to 30 than 20, and if ge's past 40

- - - Updated - - -

Past 30*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)