Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
Most players value multiple factors, with money being very high up, if I had to arbitrarily say how I perceive the "typical player"
40% Money
15% Fame
15% Winning Team/ Big Club/ Top League
10% Climate/ Family/ Locational Preference
20% Playing Time

Witsel:
100% Money, without doubt.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Most players value multiple factors, with money being very high up, if I had to arbitrarily say how I perceive the "typical player"
40% Money
15% Fame
15% Winning Team/ Big Club/ Top League
10% Climate/ Family/ Locational Preference
20% Playing Time

Witsel:
100% Money, without doubt
Witsel is 100% family. Gave up top flight football to secure his loved ones. @Fr3sh

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
Witsel is 100% family. Gave up top flight football to secure his loved ones. @Fr3sh
That's actually a valid point.
When I said 15% climate/ family/ locational preferance...was referring to some GF being like "I don't want to play in Liverpool. It's gross". But of course, money has to do with future financial security, and I am not saying that others wouldn't take that deal. Getting paid 30 instead of 3.5 is substantial. Honestly, he probably had every intention of moving to a top league but sure a **** didn't expect an offer like that to arrive.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Cuads won't move to EPL again.

- - - Updated - - -

We thought he's a caramel Marchisio, turns out he's just a $#@!sel :yuck:

http://www.sportbible.com/football/...ign-one-of-the-best-players-in-china-20170706

Bayern Munich Failed To Sign One Of The Best Players In China
Bayern Munich have already been busy in the summer transfer window following the signings of Corentin Tolisso and Serge Gnabry, to name but a few, but the German champions failed in their attempts to draft in one of the best players in China.

With Xabi Alonso calling time on his decorated playing career, as well as Javi Martinez reportedly being linked with a move away from Munich, Carlo Ancelotti is in the market for new central midfielders.
And according to Axel Witsel, the Italian boss tried to lure him back to Europe. The Belgium midfielder is plying his trade in the Chinese Super League with Tianjin Quanjian.

But Ancelotti had hoped to sign Witsel and even contacted their manager who happens to be fellow Italian compatriot, Fabio Cannavaro.

"Two weeks ago, Carlo Ancelotti called Fabio Cannavaro to ask him if he could contact me. He wanted me at Bayern," Witsel told Sport Foot Magazine via ESPN.
Following five seasons with Zenit Saint Petersburg, Witsel swapped Russia for China but Cannavaro was adamant that he needed his services halting a return to Europe.

"Cannavaro replied to Ancelotti that he needs me," the 28-year-old added. "I have to take that into account, he's the one that brought me here."
Before signing his mega contract, Witsel was also attracting interest from Juventus. Though he ultimately rejected their advances.

Yet if Cannavaro had given him the 'green light' to hold talks with Bayern, Witsel would have been very interested.

"If he had given me the green light for talks? Bayern, it's Bayern. I could have gone to Juventus [in January], but Bayern, that's one notch above."

:inter:
What a fucker! He was sitting for the whole day in Turin hoping he will be allowed to take the medicals and sign with us while here he makes it sound like it was Witsel eventually rejecting Juventus.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Verratti's Agent:
“To refuse to sell Verratti for €100m has become a matter of pride…do you know what [Nasser] Al-Khelaifi told me?"

“He said there was a contract until 2021 and that he couldn’t ever sell [Verratti] because he was considered to be a champion and a player that the team were built around."

“He said if he sold him, he’d be risking his job and that in Doha they’d never forgive him: [Verratti’s] a prisoner of PSG’s Emir."

“Verratti knows perfectly well his contractual obligations to PSG, but it’s normal that he is flattered by Barcelona’s interest
Take note Beppe. @lgorTudor

Jan 22, 2016
"Barcelona targeted Verratti for a year or so. But the situation has become so toxic now, specially in France. Marco does not speak, you know, it’s usual for a player to keep quiet, while his agent deals with all. I am his agent. The amount of insult we are getting, from Twitter, T, Radio, news.. like ‘Traitor’, ‘Mercenary’ etc. which is very sad. I would like to highlight that we are not in any way ungrateful to PSG. We will always be grateful towards the club for what they have given us until now. You people think Marco does not respect his club and his contract. Of course he does, like anyone else. But wouldn’t you say an interest from a club like FC Barcelona is flattering for him? He is 24, a prime age, and he wants to build his future in Barcelona as for he knows, he is capable of becoming one of their best. PSG wants to build a champion team surrounding Verratti, finally capable of winning titles. But they say that every year. They want to buy players like Mbappe for up to €150 millions. But at the moment, you and I very well know, no player who wants to dream of winning Champions League, wants to join PSG. This club basically belongs to Qatar and it’s premier, Khalifa Hamad Al-Thani. They have unlimited resources. Not selling Verratti to a rival club like Barcelona, has become a matter of pride for them. You know what Nasser Al-Khelaifi told me? ‘Verratti has a contract until 2021, I would never sell him. I want to build team around him. If I end up selling him now, I play my place. They in Qatar would never forgive me.’ The PSG management has told me that selling Verratti to another club would be like selling Totti somewhere else from Roma. I will soon meet the director Henrique and Al-Khelaifi to tell them that Marco is strong enough to be unfazed by all the criticisms and rumors. He will also soon meet Unai Emery to see what are the plans, are we truly capable of winning, and let’s see where it goes.”

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Both on the floor and standing up, if two people grapple eachother and neither is skilled in locking joints, the strongest of the two will subdue the other. If the difference in explosive strenght is great, stamina never becomes a thing cause you'll have overturned the other in seconds.

I tought you had also practiced Judo ?
I didn't do any judo. My brother did and it even shows in the way he positions himself on the football pitch. Kind of like Tielemans.

I get that powerlifters have some explosive strength. But locking out a superheavy deadlift or a squat has a lot to do with grinding as well. Otherwise you'd expect powerlifters to be some of the most explosive athletes on the planet, and well, they're clearly not. Sprinters also don't go for max deadlifts the way powerlifters do. That tells me that, yes, these lifts to train explosivity, but only up to a point. Which is why guys like McGregor don't really do that much heavy weightlifting either (I know I know he has to take into account weight classes too, but still).

Most bodybuilders do squat and deadlift. And heavy too. So I think that, at least in terms of explosive strength, they're probably somewhat equal. They have stamina over you, you have max strength over them.

I think it would be very difficult to predict who'd win and I'm not saying that the bodybuilder has the best chance. My point is just that powerlifting has little to do with fighting. Your biggest advantage in a fight is going to be that you're heavy, plain and simple.

Dujj

Jun 4, 2017
Verratti's Agent:

Take note Beppe. @lgorTudor
"Barcelona targeted Verratti for a year or so. But the situation has become so toxic now, specially in France. Marco does not speak, you know, it’s usual for a player to keep quiet, while his agent deals with all. I am his agent. The amount of insult we are getting, from Twitter, T, Radio, news.. like 'Traitor’, 'Mercenary’ etc. which is very sad. I would like to highlight that we are not in any way ungrateful to PSG. We will always be grateful towards the club for what they have given us until now. You people think Marco does not respect his club and his contract. Of course he does, like anyone else. But wouldn’t you say an interest from a club like FC Barcelona is flattering for him? He is 24, a prime age, and he wants to build his future in Barcelona as for he knows, he is capable of becoming one of their best. PSG wants to build a champion team surrounding Verratti, finally capable of winning titles. But they say that every year. They want to buy players like Mbappe for up to €150 millions. But at the moment, you and I very well know, no player who wants to dream of winning Champions League, wants to join PSG. This club basically belongs to Qatar and it’s premier, Khalifa Hamad Al-Thani. They have unlimited resources. Not selling Verratti to a rival club like Barcelona, has become a matter of pride for them. You know what Nasser Al-Khelaifi told me? 'Verratti has a contract until 2021, I would never sell him. I want to build team around him. If I end up selling him now, I play my place. They in Qatar would never forgive me.’ The PSG management has told me that selling Verratti to another club would be like selling Totti somewhere else from Roma. I will soon meet the director Henrique and Al-Khelaifi to tell them that Marco is strong enough to be unfazed by all the criticisms and rumors. He will also soon meet Unai Emery to see what are the plans, are we truly capable of winning, and let’s see where it goes.”

PSG commented on that, and they already denied some statements Di Campli made:

- PSG's president never said he would be fired if he sells Verratti. No way a club president would talk like that to a simple agent. Journalists that met PSG people this morning saw the latters laughing their asses off at how stupid Di Campli is. Also that he will have to explain his lies.

- Verratti's shirt sales are not 30k per week at all. As commented by PSG "30k is still above Ronaldo's numbers. Of course Verratti's shirts don't sell as much." PSG is ready to give internal numbers if necessary, menaing Di Campli will look even more stupid.

- PSG's president will not meet with Verratti. Henrique will, and tell him that whatever lies his agents throw, he will still play in Paris this season.

Also, most french medias are full behind PSG today. Seems that equaling prison with a millionaire's life didn't hit the target Di Campli expected at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Close sources to PSG already denied it. Usual CDS stuff.
No. Di Campli actually said all of that.

What PSG denied was what Di Campli said. Di Campli plainly lied, and that they can prove it. For example about the shirts sales.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
We'll see if PSG's handling of Verratti benefits them in the future. We can contrast their policy to ours and see which is preferable.

Dujj

Jun 4, 2017
We'll see if PSG's handling of Verratti benefits them in the future. We can contrast their policy to ours and see which is preferable.
PSG is not Juve. You can't compare them just like that. Juve is a way, way way bigger club.

PSG thinks that if they bend over a player that still has a 4 years contract, they are done for, especially if it's towards barcelona. It would mean they are opening the door to transfer of their best players even when their contracts are rock solid.

We're not talking about a 1-2 years contract, but 4 full years.

Whatever people think of PSG besides the retarded catalans fans that insult PSG of being criminals without ever having opened any dictionary, and slaves traders since this morning, if they do that, it's sure Marquinhos, Rabiot, and the rest will pull off the same this summer or next year if RM, Barca, Bayern etc try to get them.

From a pure legal POV, PSG is just stepping in saying that Verratti willingfully signed a contract, and has to go by it. That PSG isn't a prison, and that he's paid millions to do the job he's signed for.

Dujj

Jun 4, 2017
PSG forcing verratti isnt going to prevent future stars from joining. As long as they can continue to pay the wages they do players will come
Well yeah, of course players will join PSG even after that. Only in place like Barcaforum, and catalan twitters they believe they won't.

They argue no top player will join PSG anymore since they can't leave, but that's moronic. Any club sells players with only 1-2 years of contract if they don't want to renew.

Verratti renewed for 5 years last year. That's completely different than the case above.

Also, not the first time things like that happen. Bayern had it with Ribery. ManU with Rooney. Oh sure, no top player joined them after that...

People should not believe all the retarded arguments full of salt, and hainous that the Barca fans are spitting around since this morning.

Let morons be morons.

What's cool is that Juventuz seems to be a more smart place than some sh*tholes some football forums are.

- - - Updated - - -

Transfer fees should abolished. Work only with contracts and give more freedom to clubs and players.
Contracts are contracts, fee or not.

If you give players freedom to break them at will, there will be no point in signing long contract, or renewing players.

So many people tend to forget Footballer is a job too, not some farce where people can do whatever they want. Verratti signed a contract with a company (PSG) and he has no leverage. He's paid millions, and treated very well. There's no slavery or anything. I follow PSG, and I can tell you Verratti is treated like a King by PSG with so many advantages and QoL offered for free by the club that it is laughable. So Di Campli comment about "a prison" only rilled up everyone here in France against him (Di Campli) besides the marseille fans, and barca fans, for obvious reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)