Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (843 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2006
Well, in all fairness, its not all on tuz these days. Our president went out and said we will splash the cash in Higuain fashion. I mean - no matter what guru says it or how logical it sounds that Mbappe won't happen - it is inconceivable to say 'don't mention him at all'. This is not the Ascoli forum and we just lost another CL final...

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Arsenal wants Cuadrado. They might offer 35mln lol

Joao Cancelo links. Valencia wants 25mln

- - - Updated - - -

Some weak Chiesa links. Napoli and Inter also want him. Bayern too. But Fiorentina doesn't want to sell.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Turn down Zach with the hit and run tactic. Gotta use speed against strong slow blokes.

"float like a butterfly sting like a bee" :baus:

Just don't get caught - he's gonna murder you.
Thats pretty accurate

- - - Updated - - -

Neither bodybuilding nor powerlifting strength would be good predictors of how well you'd do in a fight. Fighting requires skill.

If neither of you has any experience fighting, my bet is on whoever is heaviest. I guess you're probably the fattest so you'd be my favorite.
I'll have to agree and disagree.

Fighting skill is the immediate decider if there is a significant difference, but i'm considering an even experience. I've had 4-5 years of material arts but i recon we all have around our late 20ties.

At even experience and +72kg, there is a large difference between the two.

Bodybuilders build large volumes. Powerlifters build actual strenght and are build to cope with much greater amounts of stress.

As a consequence powerlifters are much stronger and have much more impact, but more important, can also take a significantly higher impact onto themselves. The neck and trapezius muscle are better developped meaning your head moves less on a certain Newton impact, meaning the brain be accelerated as much and cant hit the side of the skull as hard.
Furthermore, significantly tougher core muscles, make you more resistant to impact in lower area's.
Another consequence, is beeing slower

Ergo, he'd beat me at running away

Good luck for any professional bodybuilder to mess with an angry eric lilliebridge for example.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Thats pretty accurate

- - - Updated - - -

I'll have to agree and disagree.

Fighting skill is the immediate decider if there is a significant difference, but i'm considering an even experience. I've had 4-5 years of material arts but i recon we all have around our late 20ties.

At even experience and +72kg, there is a large difference between the two.

Bodybuilders build large volumes. Powerlifters build actual strenght and are build to cope with much greater amounts of stress.

As a consequence powerlifters are much stronger and have much more impact, but more important, can also take a significantly higher impact onto themselves. The neck and trapezius muscle are better developped meaning your head moves less on a certain Newton impact, meaning the brain be accelerated as much and cant hit the side of the skull as hard.
Furthermore, significantly tougher core muscles, make you more resistant to impact in lower area's.
Another consequence, is beeing slower

Ergo, he'd beat me at running away

Good luck for any professional bodybuilder to mess with an angry eric lilliebridge for example.

Stop trying to turn this into a pro powerlift thing. Powerlifting does not make you a good fighter anymore than bodybuilding would.

There's only one lift that is going to have any significant impact when fighting and that is the deadlift. Simply because it teaches you to pick heavy stuff up and when trying to turn over an aggressor, that is obviously a useful skill.

But even the deadlift will only be useful up to a point. Your opponent probably won't weigh 200 kilos. Let's say he weighs 100. You need to be able to lift 100kg comfortably. Most bodybuilders will have deadlifted that weight for reps, so they are comfortable with that weight every bit as much as powerlifters.

The difference is bodybuilders, like you say, do a fair bit of volume. During any fight muscle endurance is going to matter. You might be able to lift 160kg, but the bodybuilder might be more comfortable lifting 100kg ten times. His muscle endurance is probably going to be better than yours. Because he's no doubt leaner than you too, his general stamina will outlast yours as well.

What I'm saying here does not count for professional bodybuilders though. Every one of those guys is on steroids and has built so much mass they are hardly able to move. I bet their balance is all off too and they probably fall over quite easily. That shit tends to happen when you can't walk properly.

I do not know what a lilliebridge is. Is it some kind of fat leprechaun?

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
Stop trying to turn this into a pro powerlift thing. Powerlifting does not make you a good fighter anymore than bodybuilding would.

There's only one lift that is going to have any significant impact when fighting and that is the deadlift. Simply because it teaches you to pick heavy stuff up and when trying to turn over an aggressor, that is obviously a useful skill.

But even the deadlift will only be useful up to a point. Your opponent probably won't weigh 200 kilos. Let's say he weighs 100. You need to be able to lift 100kg comfortably. Most bodybuilders will have deadlifted that weight for reps, so they are comfortable with that weight every bit as much as powerlifters.

The difference is bodybuilders, like you say, do a fair bit of volume. During any fight muscle endurance is going to matter. You might be able to lift 160kg, but the bodybuilder might be more comfortable lifting 100kg ten times. His muscle endurance is probably going to be better than yours. Because he's no doubt leaner than you too, his general stamina will outlast yours as well.

What I'm saying here does not count for professional bodybuilders though. Every one of those guys is on steroids and has built so much mass they are hardly able to move. I bet their balance is all off too and they probably fall over quite easily. That $#@! tends to happen when you can't walk properly.

I do not know what a lilliebridge is. Is it some kind of fat leprechaun?
Nailed it ��

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Arsenal wants Cuadrado. They might offer 35mln lol
Cuads won't move to EPL again.

- - - Updated - - -

We thought he's a caramel Marchisio, turns out he's just a Shitsel :yuck:

http://www.sportbible.com/football/...ign-one-of-the-best-players-in-china-20170706

Bayern Munich Failed To Sign One Of The Best Players In China
Bayern Munich have already been busy in the summer transfer window following the signings of Corentin Tolisso and Serge Gnabry, to name but a few, but the German champions failed in their attempts to draft in one of the best players in China.

With Xabi Alonso calling time on his decorated playing career, as well as Javi Martinez reportedly being linked with a move away from Munich, Carlo Ancelotti is in the market for new central midfielders.
And according to Axel Witsel, the Italian boss tried to lure him back to Europe. The Belgium midfielder is plying his trade in the Chinese Super League with Tianjin Quanjian.

But Ancelotti had hoped to sign Witsel and even contacted their manager who happens to be fellow Italian compatriot, Fabio Cannavaro.

"Two weeks ago, Carlo Ancelotti called Fabio Cannavaro to ask him if he could contact me. He wanted me at Bayern," Witsel told Sport Foot Magazine via ESPN.
Following five seasons with Zenit Saint Petersburg, Witsel swapped Russia for China but Cannavaro was adamant that he needed his services halting a return to Europe.

"Cannavaro replied to Ancelotti that he needs me," the 28-year-old added. "I have to take that into account, he's the one that brought me here."
Before signing his mega contract, Witsel was also attracting interest from Juventus. Though he ultimately rejected their advances.

Yet if Cannavaro had given him the 'green light' to hold talks with Bayern, Witsel would have been very interested.

"If he had given me the green light for talks? Bayern, it's Bayern. I could have gone to Juventus [in January], but Bayern, that's one notch above."

:inter:

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
How boring is this mercato so far compared to last seasons? :D

We had already signed Pjanic and the Favela Rat, and were deep in negotiations for Pjaca and secretly tying up the Higuain deal about this time too.
Mate, just you wait for that first domino to drop. Then everything will go crazy.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
How boring is this mercato so far compared to last seasons? :D

We had already signed Pjanic and the Favela Rat, and were deep in negotiations for Pjaca and secretly tying up the Higuain deal about this time too.
We have already signed Schick and probably the #10 from Rats, and Beppe is deep in negotiations for Mbappe and secretly tying up the Higuain to Chelsea deal.

:beppe:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Cuads won't move to EPL again.

- - - Updated - - -

We thought he's a caramel Marchisio, turns out he's just a Shitsel :yuck:

http://www.sportbible.com/football/...ign-one-of-the-best-players-in-china-20170706

Bayern Munich Failed To Sign One Of The Best Players In China
Bayern Munich have already been busy in the summer transfer window following the signings of Corentin Tolisso and Serge Gnabry, to name but a few, but the German champions failed in their attempts to draft in one of the best players in China.

With Xabi Alonso calling time on his decorated playing career, as well as Javi Martinez reportedly being linked with a move away from Munich, Carlo Ancelotti is in the market for new central midfielders.
And according to Axel Witsel, the Italian boss tried to lure him back to Europe. The Belgium midfielder is plying his trade in the Chinese Super League with Tianjin Quanjian.

But Ancelotti had hoped to sign Witsel and even contacted their manager who happens to be fellow Italian compatriot, Fabio Cannavaro.

"Two weeks ago, Carlo Ancelotti called Fabio Cannavaro to ask him if he could contact me. He wanted me at Bayern," Witsel told Sport Foot Magazine via ESPN.
Following five seasons with Zenit Saint Petersburg, Witsel swapped Russia for China but Cannavaro was adamant that he needed his services halting a return to Europe.

"Cannavaro replied to Ancelotti that he needs me," the 28-year-old added. "I have to take that into account, he's the one that brought me here."
Before signing his mega contract, Witsel was also attracting interest from Juventus. Though he ultimately rejected their advances.

Yet if Cannavaro had given him the 'green light' to hold talks with Bayern, Witsel would have been very interested.

"If he had given me the green light for talks? Bayern, it's Bayern. I could have gone to Juventus [in January], but Bayern, that's one notch above."

:inter:

Fuck this guy, seriously. Who the fuck does he think he is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 842)