Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papi-a

May 9, 2006
So sandro seems gone. Terrible news!

Loosing both our wingbacks is a massive blow!

BUT. Im against keeping players against their will, but i cant understsnd why other clubs can play hard against hard!

Chelsea wants you badly, you want them, We dont want you to leave - fine pay What We want!

I would say a normal value for his level is 50, but now they have to overpay!! 70 or No deal!

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I wouldnt even sell for 70m, the message this sends is AWFUL. Enough is enough, big fuck you to our board if we weaken ourselves big time and try to gamble and reinvent ourselves for 3rd summer in a row.

Jvcro

May 11, 2017
I wouldnt even sell for 70m, the message this sends is AWFUL. Enough is enough, big $#@! you to our board if we weaken ourselves big time and try to gamble and reinvent ourselves for 3rd summer in a row.
If Sandro go our best options with current players are Cuadrado right and Mandzukic left back :andyandbarcelona:

May 22, 2013
Guys, y'all need to relax. That Dalbert rumour seems like something made up by Brazilian media, honestly. We seem to be chasing Costa, and there have even been reports of Danilo for the right back, where we actually need a guy. Getting one of them (i don't even think there is much to the Danilo rumour) would rule out us getting another non eu player. Accordign to cds, Dalbert has no european passport, so it definetely just seem to be brazilian journalists reading way to much into Marotta's comments on Alex Sandro.

I don't think we have any plans of shipping AS, but if he is to leave, i am confident we will get a nice amount for him. The issue would be finding a capable replacement...

Also, it is not even July yet. I guess the only thing we know for sure is Alves out and Schick in (right?). Italian newspapers are all in on Bernadeschi. I am fond of him, but i don't see him excel in either a two man midfield or on the wing, so the place for him in our line up would be the number 10. Will we spend so much on a player for a position where we already have Dybala? And how much is "so much"? Anyway, his versatility is gold, and he would probably get plenty of game time, both as a Dybala rotational option and on the wings. Also would allow us to be flexible between aproaches during games.

I remember many in here having a major freak out around this time last year also, and it turned out ok. I am not too nervous actually, though loosing AS would be sad, i really like the guy, and he is doing some progress on positioning in the defensive phase, so i really think he could be a go-to guy for the next several years.

EDIT: guy above beat me to it

Jvcro

May 11, 2017
Guys, y'all need to relax. That Dalbert rumour seems like something made up by Brazilian media, honestly. We seem to be chasing Costa, and there have even been reports of Danilo for the right back, where we actually need a guy. Getting one of them (i don't even think there is much to the Danilo rumour) would rule out us getting another non eu player. Accordign to cds, Dalbert has no european passport, so it definetely just seem to be brazilian journalists reading way to much into Marotta's comments on Alex Sandro.

I don't think we have any plans of shipping AS, but if he is to leave, i am confident we will get a nice amount for him. The issue would be finding a capable replacement...

Also, it is not even July yet. I guess the only thing we know for sure is Alves out and Schick in (right?). Italian newspapers are all in on Bernadeschi. I am fond of him, but i don't see him excel in either a two man midfield or on the wing, so the place for him in our line up would be the number 10. Will we spend so much on a player for a position where we already have Dybala? And how much is "so much"? Anyway, his versatility is gold, and he would probably get plenty of game time, both as a Dybala rotational option and on the wings. Also would allow us to be flexible between aproaches during games.

I remember many in here having a major freak out around this time last year also, and it turned out ok. I am not too nervous actually, though loosing AS would be sad, i really like the guy, and he is doing some progress on positioning in the defensive phase, so i really think he could be a go-to guy for the next several years.

EDIT: guy above beat me to it
We need to relax. I just see now if Sandro go our best backs are not even professional backs.

May 22, 2013
We need to relax. I just see now if Sandro go our best backs are not even professional backs.
Yes, IF he leaves and IF we do not bring in anyone else... How probable do you think that statement is to be fulfilled come end august?

Would be sad to loose him and we risk not getting someone as good immediately, but i think it's way to early to panic.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
This is what Beppe does, he doesn't ask them to stay when they get a good offer, instead he allows the player to make a choice saying , they got an offer they would be happy with but leave the decision to the player.
Other clubs, would most likely say no, or try to convince the player to stay. Same thing with Vidal and Pogba.
We can't make the financial commitments yet.
So, what you're basically saying is that while the likes of Bayern are the assertive controlling husband who tells his bitch to stay put or suffer the consequences, we are the tame lame husband who gets roflstomped by his wife and lets her go without even a whimper, as she continues to cast flirtatious glances in the direction of other men with bigger and shinier toys.

- - - Updated - - -

In Egyptian slang, we use Bomba to indicate an unpleasant/nasty surprise. So if someone gives you a bomba, it's like they stood you up or were a no show :D

- - - Updated - - -

so... Bernardeschi, Nzonzi, Darmian and Shick?
So underwhelming. Not the worst mercato by any means, but hardly anything to get excited about. A solid 6/10 mercato. If Sandro gets sold, Mercato automatically goes to 3; if Bonbon is shipped off, it becomes a 4.

- - - Updated - - -

In:
Berna
Douglas
Darmian
Schick
Random LB

Out:
Alves
Alex Sandro
Dybala
Bonucci
That's a 0 mercato right there. I mean, since giving a negative score isn't possible, but that's a disaster, a calamity, a catastrophe of cataclysmic proportions.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
So, what you're basically saying is that while the likes of Bayern are the assertive controlling husband who tells his bitch to stay put or suffer the consequences, we are the tame lame husband who gets roflstomped by his wife and lets her go without even a whimper, as she continues to cast flirtatious glances in the direction of other men with bigger and shinier toys.

- - - Updated - - -

In Egyptian slang, we use Bomba to indicate an unpleasant/nasty surprise. So if someone gives you a bomba, it's like they stood you up or were a no show :D

- - - Updated - - -

So underwhelming. Not the worst mercato by any means, but hardly anything to get excited about. A solid 6/10 mercato. If Sandro gets sold, Mercato automatically goes to 3; if Bonbon is shipped off, it becomes a 4.

I guess i'm ok with that mercato so long as nobody major leaves. Still can't imagine how we could plan on continuing with 4-2-3-1 and sign only one attacker though (assuming Shick stays at Samp for the year)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)