Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (70 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
It's still amazing what the club managed to achieve last summer. Higuain, Pjanic, Pjaca, Dani Alves, Cuadrado, Benatia. That's probably one of the best transfer windows for a club in history of football.

I'm convinced Marotta and Paratici are already preparing grounds for something similar. Wouldn't be surprised if they already have an agreement or two.

Pablo

Jul 9, 2010
Lukaku has been really good the last few seasons, unplayable at times. Still, I think Italy is a completely different and possibly difficult prospect for foreign strikers.
Lukaku would need time to adapt im sure, but he seems to work so hard on and off the pitch.

His first touch is much better now, and his hold up play has been great lately, he is waaaayyy too good for 7th place prem team.

If Deulofeu can rip teams apart in Italy (even though he couldn't get into our team) then im sure Rom will/could.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
He and Cuadrado in Fuck Nou... That would be love...

Such a sad game, but this Goal..:heart:
:tuttosport:

now picture Bernardeschi or Anderson running the other side :tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport:

- - - Updated - - -

how will morata improve us? i think we need ss/playmaker type of attackr
he will score and assist in the CL, quite simple

- - - Updated - - -

YES!!! get Max his favorite player!!!

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
If Deulofeu can rip teams apart in Italy (even though he couldn't get into our team) then im sure Rom will/could.
I don't think it works like that though. Deulofeu is a highly technical and fast player, so it's normal he can cause a lot of problems early on against opponents who know nothing about him. Being a striker in Italy is something that requires a good touch and movement off the ball, and also to be able to put up with all the tricks defenders use.

Pablo

Jul 9, 2010
I don't think it works like that though. Deulofeu is a highly technical and fast player, so it's normal he can cause a lot of problems early on against opponents who know nothing about him. Being a striker in Italy is something that requires a good touch and movement off the ball, and also to be able to put up with all the tricks defenders use.
Yeah I get that mate, suppose im talking mentally really. Rom is very good all round, and the 1st touch and back to goal side of his game is better, Although in Italy he would not use the latter as much.

Rom is a quality player, and getting better. He would just cost too much for an Italian team, I think.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Yeah I get that mate, suppose im talking mentally really. Rom is very good all round, and the 1st touch and back to goal side of his game is better, Although in Italy he would not use the latter as much.

Rom is a quality player, and getting better. He would just cost too much for an Italian team, I think.
how much do you think he would cost?

Pablo

Jul 9, 2010
how much do you think he would cost?
God knows mate, Everton dont sell cheap, so even if its this summer £50-£60 million, maybe more.

Think we want to price teams out of bidding so we can keep him.

Still would not rule out him signing this new deal with a release clause.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
God knows mate, Everton dont sell cheap, so even if its this summer £50-£60 million, maybe more.

Think we want to price teams out of bidding so we can keep him.

Still would not rule out him signing this new deal with a release clause.
i dont think there will be many teams lining up for his signature as things stand right now. but we all know how crazy the market is and how many teams own prized strikers that could be leaving their clubs this summer, so a lot of Lukakus future will depend on that imo. for example, if inter sells icardi, Atletico with Griezmann, Arsenal with Sanchez, Dortmund with Aubameyang. or even Milan, if Berlusconi decides to invest some of those Chinese 200M he smuggled in into new players. of the top english clubs, not sure who would want him. Mou has Ibra, Conte has Costa, he wont go to Liverpool so City could be a potential candidate but not sure hes someone Pep would go for. those top english clubs are the most logical step for him but looking at their rosters, none of them (except Arsenal) really need him

- - - Updated - - -

Worst part is he only cost about 10mio
source?

- - - Updated - - -

Dortmund is in a perfect position to sign these german talents. Bayern is stacked as fuck so these youngsters have doubts about getting any playing time there. Dortmund is selling players each summer so they always can give a new young prospect important playing time, not to mention they are the 2nd club in the country and play CL each season. recently they even sign players from France because of those reasons. Bayern couldnt wish for a better youth academy than that

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Meanwhile Bernardeschi rumors intensify..
Sanchez -> Chelsea
Bernardeschi -> Juve
Berardi -> Inter
High value player will go to Arsenal but Arsenal will remain crap..

As for mid Im pretty sure Tolisso is a Juventus player
Verratti - Unless he says I want out PSG wont let him go...
IMO Roma will sign Tielemans this summer

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Meanwhile Bernardeschi rumors intensify..
Sanchez -> Chelsea
Bernardeschi -> Juve
Berardi -> Inter
High value player will go to Arsenal but Arsenal will remain crap..

As for mid Im pretty sure Tolisso is a Juventus player
Verratti - Unless he says I want out PSG wont let him go...
IMO Roma will sign Tielemans this summer
Sassuolo director said Berardi wont go to inter few months ago. i do hope he joins Milan however, perfect destination for a young italian player these days.

would be awesome if Roma got Tielemans. hopefully they and Napoli stay above inter for the coming years

General

Nov 23, 2016
Would definitely skip on Lukaku - His first touch is horrible!
He suits the EPL and this is his place!
As for Aubameyang - such a speedy player could definitely help

Would rather have Lukaku than Motata's 2nd cuming.

Implementing Lukaku is a tactical choice, so this will depend more on Max than Lukaku...

Auba yes!!

Pablo

Jul 9, 2010
i dont think there will be many teams lining up for his signature as things stand right now. but we all know how crazy the market is and how many teams own prized strikers that could be leaving their clubs this summer, so a lot of Lukakus future will depend on that imo. for example, if inter sells icardi, Atletico with Griezmann, Arsenal with Sanchez, Dortmund with Aubameyang. or even Milan, if Berlusconi decides to invest some of those Chinese 200M he smuggled in into new players. of the top english clubs, not sure who would want him. Mou has Ibra, Conte has Costa, he wont go to Liverpool so City could be a potential candidate but not sure hes someone Pep would go for. those top english clubs are the most logical step for him but looking at their rosters, none of them (except Arsenal) really need him

- - - Updated - - -

source?

- - - Updated - - -

Dortmund is in a perfect position to sign these german talents. Bayern is stacked as $#@! so these youngsters have doubts about getting any playing time there. Dortmund is selling players each summer so they always can give a new young prospect important playing time, not to mention they are the 2nd club in the country and play CL each season. recently they even sign players from France because of those reasons. Bayern couldnt wish for a better youth academy than that
Yeah, I kind of agree with all that.

He will only leave for a Champions league club, else h may aswell stay and take our new contract offer.

My feeling is PSG or Chelsea.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
id love him at PSG, maybe we would finally sign Cavani :tuttosport:
A few years ago Id definitely want him here but as things are now Im not sure about it.. I mean Dybala Higuain Cavani would be great but
1. Cavani and Higuain - Would Cavani accept playing with Higuain after what Cavani said about him?!
2. In my mind Id like a more dynamic player than Cavani

On the other hand Dybala Cavani Higuain could mean lots of goals!

Anyway I expect Buffon;A.Sandro Chiellini Bonucci Alves/New RB if he decides to leave; Tolisso Marchisio Pjanic;Bernardeschi;Dybala Higuain
I do hope for GK;DEF;Verratti Marchisio Pjanic; Dybala Higuain Sanchez though..

PS I didnt watch Italy vs Holland - Did Verratti play well in his advanced role (saw he played as AMC in Italy`s formation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 68)