Summer Mercato season 2024-25 (67 Viewers)

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
There's not a single player in this team I'd give a shit about if they left. Obviously realistically you can't replace an entire team in one go but whoever we decide to let go is fine by me.

Such an unlikeable & weak team.
I was saying that to my friend who likes Manchester United. We had the same opinion of our own clubs even though there are some good players. Just fucking start over, the clubs and players are pathetic, entitled and terribly coached.

khalidkassim

Feb 2, 2007
In a general sense I'd agree. However there are certain players I'd like to think we can build a solid future around.

Some of whom you may not agree with entirely.

1. Cambiasso
2. Bremer
3. Fagioli
4. Soule
5. Yildiz
6. Vlahovic

Don't get me wrong, I fancy Chiesa, but my preference is to build a team around Yildiz for the future.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I like Mckennie, but he won't be hard to replace as rotation player. Any competent GM worth his salt should he able to find players at that level.
Just like I asked @s4tch, what players could we potentially buy that would be as consistent as McKennie and garner 10 assists under such a shit manager?

If McKennie was Italian he would be off the market and they would give him 5 million a year.
With 'as consistent as McKennie' you mean one very good season out of three, right?

I like him but he rejected the extension proposal according to Italian sources which is why we'll probably looking to cash in on his good season.
You didn't either. I need the information before assessing targets because there's probably a whole bunch of players that play 1/3 good seasons but if you're holding him to diff standards, I'd rather skip the question ;)
he certainly deserves better. he's bigger than the club after all

as i said nobody has a crystal ball to tell you who would provide similar amount of assists. 7 league assists are a lot and it is well appreciated. the lack of his consistency lies elsewhere: he can't pass consistently (his pass accuracy is rather shit tbh), he can't tackle consistently, he can't keep the ball consistently, he can't create consistently, he can't be relied on with counters consistently, he's not a consistent dribbler, he can't even cross consistently, etc.

he's an all right rotational player. this season he's also kinda lucky to have vlahovic around to score a lot of goals from his passes, and he's also lucky that he had an other chance after he relegated leeds and proved that even for 20m he's a bit too expensive if he's not working hard enough.

i'd take many, many players over him. i'd trade him for a more consistent passer to begin with. even someone like fagioli would lift the overall performance of this team. or if mikel merino is the replacement then it's a huge upgrade. savio from girona can do everything mckennie does and then some more. koopmeiners' attacking contribution is much better too. even golovin from monaco became a more complete and mature player lately. (too bad he's russian, i wouldn't trust those for a second.) and the list is very long. if vlahovic stays around and keeps this form then he'll score consistently from usable passes.
Now do Locatelli

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
They don't have the kind of money that would make me keen to sell tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd be upset if this is where it ended with Dusan. Maybe Chiesa too, but his injuries are what have prevented him from being Italy's best wing forward of all time. Dusan's story has much more of a romantic edge and I want him to see redemption before he goes.

Bremer I love, Danilo too but maybe that's because I've missed a lot of games this season, I heard he's not been great?

I'm vaguely attached to Cambiaso, Locatelli, Gatti and Fagioli but the rest of them I wouldn't miss if they left.
Chiesa, Vlahovic, and Yildiz for me.

I don't give two fucks about anyone else on this team - maybe Bremer, Tek, Fagioli, and Cambiasso just a little.

Everyone else can leave.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
There's not a single player in this team I'd give a shit about if they left. Obviously realistically you can't replace an entire team in one go but whoever we decide to let go is fine by me.

Such an unlikeable & weak team.
I agree on a whole, much thanks to Allegri although of course the players are to blame too.
I'll line up those that I care for, to what extent and my reasoning. I am not really attached to any player in this team and haven't been since Buffon and Chiellini left. So my reasoning is more strategic or based on hopes.

Yildiz, because he is very talented and I don't think we can fetch someone with his potential and impact atm. Letting him go would also signal a killing of the project.
Perin, I like him, reliable backup and seems to be liked by everyone.
Pinsoglio, terrible GK but HG, very cheap and seems like a fun goof.
Bremer, now, I am not very attached to the player but he is the only good CB we have, it would leave a huge gap if he left.
Danilo, has had up and downs this year but he is versatile and can be useful if we have four at the back and a very attacking fullback where Danilo can balance from another fullback position. Simply a useful tool to have around but not a starting CB.
Cambiaso, has a bucket load of talent that isn't showing yet. I hope that he can in the future.
I believe Locatelli, Fagioli and Miretti can become useful rotational players in the future but in different positions or set ups. Miretti likely needs to go on a loan.
Dusan, is very hard to judge. A box player used deep and always attacking alone or with Chiesa against 5-6 defenders. Has improved in the build up play but if Guintuli finds someone he thinks will score more goals then I won't cry my eyes out.

If Allegri stays, sell Chiesa. If he leaves, keep him as RW. He will never score lots of goals but he is dangerous in a different system. I would move him back to RW to field Yildiz as LW and because Chiesa shoots as poorly with his right as with his left. He feels more like a traditional RW/RM who is, for some reason, expected to score goals that he never has or will.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Juventus has had contact with the agents of Spinazzola whose contract expires this summer .His future seemed far from Rome in recent weeks but De Rossi's confirmation could change everything: the player's decision will be decisive to choose his next team.(@_Morik92_)

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Juventus has had contact with the agents of Spinazzola whose contract expires this summer .His future seemed far from Rome in recent weeks but De Rossi's confirmation could change everything: the player's decision will be decisive to choose his next team.(@_Morik92_)
This surely is a no brainier of a move?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
"He was so good at the Euros"

"Amazing Italian water carrier"

"Knows the league"

"We couldn't find anybody else"

"He hasn't played well but I will give him benefit until he plays under a better manager"
You totally missed out on the latest

"He is not privilieged to play next to world class players, that's where he becomes most useful"

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I remember thinking he was better than Sandro when they were both here. Now he’s older and not as dynamic as he used to be. Perfect time to sign him!

nah but I would take him as a squad player. We have no depth at fullback

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
I would prefer to have a reliable backup. Used to be a blessing to watch but I agree that he is out too much. If the starting LB needs a rest the backup needs to be available, but Spina will likely be out most of the time so the role he is supposed to fulfill has no value. I would even prefer converting Kostic into a backup LB because he will likely be more fit than Spina. We really don't need more people stepping in with high risk factor. The risk factor should if anything be "can he advance his development?", hence someone young rather than "could Marcelo survive another year if we took him here?"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 18, Guests: 34)