Summer Mercato season 2024-25 (86 Viewers)

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
It is between Manchester United and Juve for Rabiot. Allegri’ future with the club will play a factor.

[@tuttosport)
What a pointless transfer. After what happened to pogba every player should think hundred time before joining to man utd.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Juventus are ahead of Milan for Zirkzee, the real danger to the negotiation is Premier League clubs. Zirkzee is seen as Vlahovic's perfect partner both in the current 3-5-2 and in a more offensive 4-2-3-1 where he would be glue together with Chiesa and Yildiz.

[GdS]
Open the Zirkzee thread... :panic:

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
The whole point of Zirkzee is to play as a 9. That's literally what makes him rare. If you want a SS or cam then buy that position

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
The whole point of Zirkzee is to play as a 9. That's literally what makes him rare. If you want a SS or cam then buy that position
idk, having Vlahovic and zirkzee would be pretty crazy, because zirkzee gives you that physical presence you wouldn’t get from a traditional SS/CAM, while still getting the playmaking. I’d love it, but I still don’t believe they’re planning on having both.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
That means Soule will be sold to fund this.
Yeah, I'm getting the vibe Soule is being sold to fund Zirkzee.

Soule or Zirkzee is the argument and decision being made at the management level.

Besides one of those two, its Vlahovic, Chiesa, Yildiz.

And my argument for Soule will always be the same. Youth product, costs us nothing to acquire, and SHOW Next Gen kids that good effort (even on loan) is rewarded by becoming a key part of the club.

I have some doubts on Zirkzee but also think it's throwing money at a solution to a problem we don't have. We have good attackers. We need midfielders. Zirkzee is a luxury purchase for a club that has MOST things figured out. We're not there yet. Only idea can I come up with is this is a Motta request/demand. Pursue Zirkzee as best as we can until we secure him or are completely beaten for his signature. This must be a Motta request.

- - - Updated - - -

idk, having Vlahovic and zirkzee would be pretty crazy, because zirkzee gives you that physical presence you wouldn’t get from a traditional SS/CAM, while still getting the playmaking. I’d love it, but I still don’t believe they’re planning on having both.
Idk why but I am just super iffy that Zirkzee can remain as this level permanently. I don't know what it is about him. If we purchase him, obviously I hope to be proven wrong. But I wonder.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Yeah, I'm getting the vibe Soule is being sold to fund Zirkzee.

Soule or Zirkzee is the argument and decision being made at the management level.

Besides one of those two, its Vlahovic, Chiesa, Yildiz.

And my argument for Soule will always be the same. Youth product, costs us nothing to acquire, and SHOW Next Gen kids that good effort (even on loan) is rewarded by becoming a key part of the club.

I have some doubts on Zirkzee but also think it's throwing money at a solution to a problem we don't have. We have good attackers. We need midfielders. Zirkzee is a luxury purchase for a club that has MOST things figured out. We're not there yet. Only idea can I come up with is this is a Motta request/demand. Pursue Zirkzee as best as we can until we secure him or are completely beaten for his signature. This must be a Motta request.

- - - Updated - - -

Idk why but I am just super iffy that Zirkzee can remain as this level permanently. I don't know what it is about him. If we purchase him, obviously I hope to be proven wrong. But I wonder.
I agree to a degree. But we can't be relying on kean and milik as back ups. Not to suggest Zirkzee will be a backup to Vlahovic but he does make a good alternative in a different formation.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
I agree to a degree. But we can't be relying on kean and milik as back ups. Not to suggest Zirkzee will be a backup to Vlahovic but he does make a good alternative in a different formation.
Oh, I agree he provides some flexibility in giving Vlahovic games off and he can slot into that 9 role with Yildiz and Chiesa flanking him.

Honestly, I will agree that is a good argument to getting him. He can play in the AM/SS role in a 4-2-3-1 just behind Vlahovic and almost gives us a pseudo 4-2-4 at times and he can also be the #9 when we need to give Vlahovic a break or he is hurt. That is a massive flexibility that Soule does not provide.

However, I do think putting him in the AM/SS role or alongside Vlahovic is him taking Yildiz's best position too.

I think Yildiz has shown enough that I'd even like to try him in the vice 9 role if Vlahovic is tired/hurt with two flanking attackers.

- - - Updated - - -

And thats the benefit of Soule is that RW is his natural role and we can play all of Chiesa, Vlahovic, Yildiz and Soule in their natural positions in a 4-2-3-1 formation.

Kevster

Feb 9, 2024
Reus leaving Dortmund.

Any takers for a Di Maria like move again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pass, he's more injury prone than di maria and dybala.

- - - Updated - - -

Juventus are ahead of Milan for Zirkzee, the real danger to the negotiation is Premier League clubs. Zirkzee is seen as Vlahovic's perfect partner both in the current 3-5-2 and in a more offensive 4-2-3-1 where he would be glue together with Chiesa and Yildiz.

[GdS]
playing with a support striker in 2024 is for retards like allegri and simeone

we better play with an actual midfielder as the central player in the '3' or with wingers in a 433

- - - Updated - - -

Depends how we want to play. Chiesa and Yildiz might score more with him.
before we sign him, can he actually control and make short passes? bcuz vlahovic cannot, kean cannot, milik is ok

Last edited:

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
pass, he's more injury prone than di maria and dybala.

- - - Updated - - -

playing with a support striker in 2024 is for retards like allegri and simeone

we better play with an actual midfielder as the central player in the '3' or with wingers in a 433

- - - Updated - - -

before we sign him, can he actually control and make short passes? bcuz vlahovic cannot, kean cannot, milik is ok
Well his whole appeal is he controls and passes everything. It's one of the reasons I'm skeptical of Motta because in the end alot of their build up is smashing it at this beast and he puts it down like an angel for his teammates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 22, Guests: 61)