Summer Mercato season 2024-25 (87 Viewers)

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

Schira reposted this today. He's confirmed on YT that DiGregorio and Calafiori are both done to Juventus as our first two pieces of summer business.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Unless we offload Tek, which I don't really see happening, I'm not sure throwing 15m-20m on Di Gregorio is a great idea this summer given our budget issues. A LB, RB, CB, at least 1 CM, an attacking midfielder/winger, backup striker seem more urgent.

Knowah

Jan 28, 2013
Unless we offload Tek, which I don't really see happening, I'm not sure throwing 15m-20m on Di Gregorio is a great idea this summer given our budget issues. A LB, RB, CB, at least 1 CM, an attacking midfielder/winger, backup striker seem more urgent.
15m plus a counterpiece for your future goalkeeper on 2m wages who gets to spend one year getting acclimated to the team and also we are in a SHIT TON of competitions potentially next year. 2 games for the Super Coppa, Coppa Italia, Serie A, CL, Club World Cup. He'll get gametime and we beat out competition on his signature.

I'd argue, waiting for Woj to be done to get a goalkeeper is what led us to miss out on Vicario. Also, if we wait until Woj is almost done, teams will ask for more for the replacement.

- - - Updated - - -

Shit, getting him on 2m wages (plus bonuses) is like a THIRD of Woj. Insane.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Which part exactly? Not wanting to sell Vlahovic/wanting to sell him for the right player? Saying that Bologna dude is overrated? Or Scamacca being a good player?
There's no need to sell Vlahovic, definitely not if the replacement is Scummy Kaka. If Zirkzee is overrated, then I don't even know what Scummy Kaka is (Atalanta is perfect for him - and frankly that is his level).

Do I want Zirkzee here? No. I don't think we should tamper too much with our attack, especially not before we upgrade that atrocious midfield.

With a new coach, Soule possibly returning, a revitalized Chiesa, and a more mature and experienced Yilldiz, I feel like Vlahovic will improve even further, particularly if we augment the midfield. All we need is one more winger in the rotation (if we choose to sell Soule, then possibly two), and a cheap backup CF to replace the garbage we have backing up Vlaho.

- - - Updated - - -

The Devil himself :D :b81: :klin:

Knowah

Jan 28, 2013
There's no need to sell Vlahovic, definitely not if the replacement is Scummy Kaka. If Zirkzee is overrated, then I don't even know what Scummy Kaka is (Atalanta is perfect for him - and frankly that is his level).

Do I want Zirkzee here? No. I don't think we should tamper too much with our attack, especially not before we upgrade that atrocious midfield.

With a new coach, Soule possibly returning, a revitalized Chiesa, and a more mature and experienced Yilldiz, I feel like Vlahovic will improve even further, particularly if we augment the midfield. All we need is one more winger in the rotation (if we choose to sell Soule, then possibly two), and a cheap backup CF to replace the garbage we have backing up Vlaho.

- - - Updated - - -

The Devil himself :D :b81: :klin:
Obviously I would love Zirkzee but I have small doubts regarding how legit he is and I think its money better spent else where for a lot of the same reasons you give.

We have young attackers who would thrive in Motta's system like Vlahovic, Chiesa, Soule, Yildiz, Iling Jr, etc. A Zirkzee transfer imo is us spending a lot of money on a position of strength already with the squad. Midfield is a massive question mark and we still don't have solid options at LB (if Cambiaso plays RB) or RB (if Cambiaso plays LB). These are glaring MASSIVE needs.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
I wanted Carnessechi. Was hoping he'd be our next generational keeper. DiGregorio aint bad but not sure he's any better plus he's old.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
VAR has reduced further Morata's existing limitations.

But you're right. A HUGE upgrade on Kean and Milik both.

Plus...he's one of us. Bring him the fuck home

- - - Updated - - -

Bruh I don't think you know how this works.

He takes you.

And he also gets paid the 10m.

- - - Updated - - -

r/yourjokebutworse
I would let him rape me and then settle the case for 1m.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
VAR has reduced further Morata's existing limitations.

But you're right. A HUGE upgrade on Kean and Milik both.

Plus...he's one of us. Bring him the fuck home

- - - Updated - - -

Bruh I don't think you know how this works.

He takes you.

And he also gets paid the 10m.

- - - Updated - - -

r/yourjokebutworse
Except it's not a joke. It's a metaphor.

- - - Updated - - -

15m plus a counterpiece for your future goalkeeper on 2m wages who gets to spend one year getting acclimated to the team and also we are in a SHIT TON of competitions potentially next year. 2 games for the Super Coppa, Coppa Italia, Serie A, CL, Club World Cup. He'll get gametime and we beat out competition on his signature.

I'd argue, waiting for Woj to be done to get a goalkeeper is what led us to miss out on Vicario. Also, if we wait until Woj is almost done, teams will ask for more for the replacement.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, there's Perin too... I'd be fine with 2-3 seasons for him until we can get a long term #1. Is Di Gregorio really that much of an upgrade we should spend a part our small budget on him now? Don't know. I guess we'll know soon enough.

Last edited:

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014

- - - Updated - - -

di gregorio is a beast Juve won’t regret it. If he’s willing to be a backup for a season, thats an opportunity they gotta jump on.

Knowah

Jan 28, 2013
di gregorio is a beast Juve won’t regret it. If he’s willing to be a backup for a season, thats an opportunity they gotta jump on.
I agree he looks to be a beast and I don't even think he'll need to accept a standard backup role. Again, we'll be playing ALOT of competitions.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008

- - - Updated - - -

What kind of GK is he ?
Is he also good with ball distribution ? Nowadays GK with a good passing range can help team to build from the back or do counter attack.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Juve are increasingly convinced that Greenwood is the right name for 2 reasons: His technical characteristics and his personality. United want €30m, Juve will offer half that. His contract expiring in 2025 works in Giuntoli's favour.

[@86_longo)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 29, Guests: 53)