Summer mercato 2021-22 (22 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
4/10 Mercato.

Goalkeeping is an area of concern. Woj seems to have regressed and Perin isn't exactly a confidence inspiring first choice keeper, were he to replace the Whimsical Woj. The departure of Buffon, even at 40, makes this a weaker department compared to last season.

Defense is older and probably worse off than last season. Demiral gone, Raguni and De Shitlio coming back is the stuff of nightmares. Pellegrini is a dud.

Midfield is slightly better with the addition of Locatelli, but the same garbage we had last year is still here. The Benign Bosnian doesn't really change much - yes, he adds experience and can pass the ball and take freekicks, but he's older and even slower and more static than before (if that was even possible).

Attack significantly downgraded with the departure of the Diva. Kaio and Kean will only add to the inconsistency and uncertainty surrounding the attacking unit. We have to hope Chiesa and Cuadrado have stellar years, and that Dybala can stay consistent and healthy.

Yes, I know Covid has impacted our finances, but it has done the same for 95% of the clubs out there. I also realize the departure of Ronaldo so late wrecked our plans, but we should've been planning for that eventuality regardless. The management were too slow and reactive instead of being proactive.
If only your sissy boy Dybala would rise up to the occasion.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
So horrible summer - We are going to really struggle if our starting attacker is Morata or Kean. They are good but one isnt lethal while the second is just a good youngster.
We needed a lethal finisher as without it the low amount of opportunities will go squandered..

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
So lets see versus last season:

IN: Perin, Rugani, De Sciglio, Pellegrini, Locatelli, Kean, Kaio Jorge
OUT: Buffon, Demiral, Frabotta, Ronaldo

So 3/10 - I think this is the worst mercato for some time and I am generally not as negative as many here.

I mean if you told me at the start of the mercato that Ronaldo was leaving, I would have hoped that we would have brought in 2-3 world class players. Locatelli and Kean - are GOOD players but not players who would be in the starting 11 of any of the top 5-6 teams in Europe.

To me that is the biggest dissapointment. I don't think the management was PREPARED for Ronaldo leaving. The mercato smelled of one that assumed that he would stay. Given his lack of happiness you could see on the pitch - and Allegri's willingness to sell him, you would have thought they would have had some bigger targets in mind.

I mean even after the minusvalenza - we are saving 70-80m a year on Ronaldo (as I discussed earlier).

I can only conclude that our inability to offload the many players we want to offload to make anything happen is the biggest culprit. Ramsey, Rabiot, Bentancur, Arthur and Bernardeschi are unsellable and we are stuck with most of them until 2023.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
On this day, in the history of Juventus, back in 2004 it was also deadline day. Who remembers who we bought?

Just to put a little perspective into the dying hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)