Summer mercato 2021-22 (19 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
The level of incompetence displayed by Juventus management is unbelievable. There were rumours that Ronaldo was unhappy or that he might want to leave a month ago. In a multimillion dollar company (and I believe Juventus is one) there should be people employed in operations who will provide planning and solutions to possible issues, especially during the mercato. Either the company is extremely cheap and they don't have an operations team in place or that team and their boss(es) are not doing their job and should be fired immediately.
We have Nedved, a glorified pencil pusher and board kicker, as our VP. That should give you an idea about how (in)competent we are as a club. Fortunately, the other retard running shit into the ground, Tootsie the Terrible, has been unceremoniously booted. I hope this ushers in a new era of competence and success.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I'd really like us to go for Martial. I'm sure he's unhappy @ United, and with Ronaldo joining, his playing time will be severely limited. He's still only 25, so there's hope.

Maybe we can get him on loan + obligation if certain conditions are met.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Pretty much the only thing that I would hate about Ronaldo gone is if we panic buy some older experienced name as his replacement that we'll have a hard time getting rid of next couple of seasons.

If the club likes the potential in Vlahovic and sees him as ideal 9 then sure, go all in, fix a deal with Fio with 3 days remaining of the mercato window, he fits the rejuvenation plan perfectly. If it's someone else in his early 20s, then go ahead, try your best.

If serious targets are off limits so close to deadline then don't just buy a random player for the sake of it, call it a day and negotiate next window/summer.

We have a fine squad as it is, a top class manager won't have a problem to build a working machine from it, then next summer spend big on generational talents, De Ligt was awesome, Chiesa was awesome, Locatelli was awesome, just keep it up with smart investments and keep your younger key players in the squad and the new winning cycle would be set.

athas

Jul 15, 2007
Why do people expect us to sign and spend big? I don't get it. Just because we got off from Ronaldo's wages people expect us to spend 100mln in the next two days?
Why not? Ronaldo's cost per year is huge. ~85M.

Now let's say we sign Vlahovic for 100M, a 5-year contract of 4M a year. He will cost 20M per year (amortization) + 8M (gross wage) = 28M, about 1/3 Ronaldo's cost.

Now we still have money, let's sign SMS for another 100M, a 4-year contract of 6M a year. It will cost 25M per year (amortization) + 12M (gross wage) = 37M.

Combine with Vlahovic's cost: 37M + 28M = 65M, still much less than 85M Ronaldo's cost.

Higuain, our most expensive transfer before, cost us 32M a year.

Now you can see how huge Ronaldo's cost is and why people expect us to spend big.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Get Kean as a rotation CF and then look around for a quality B2B (Tchouameni?). If there's nothing interesting, then stay as we are and save up the cash for next year. No panic buys and don't buy someone else's trash (Icardi, Hazard, Auba or whatever).

I don't expect a Haaland or a Pogba next season but we surely will need to spend, we have quite a few under-performing players on high wages who will need to be upgraded.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
It started at 45mln though. Still, the most important thing is that we don't pay a penny for two years.
Why do people expect us to sign and spend big? I don't get it. Just because we got off from Ronaldo's wages people expect us to spend 100mln in the next two days?
I don't think we will spend big but it seems clear that a couple of weeks ago and at the start of the window when we budgeted ahead we thought Ronaldo was staying. Meaning that we have an extra 50m or so in saved wages and 20m fee on top of our original budget.

I think we'll save it and maybe pay down some debt given the past 2 years but it isn't unrealistic to think we could spend money if a target was available.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
VDB isn't a top mid though. I'd rather raid France, Holland, Germany or cast that scouting network far and wide to find the next Pogba/SMS.

Kean + Martial is ideal in that we bring in two young guns who can play across the forward line - low risk investment with tons of potential.

alaska

May 25, 2013
It's actually quite dead now because of all the Covid restrictions. There are a few Egyptians over here, including my cousin. Looool.

My dad used to work here and my sister graduated high school in Thailand, so it was natural for me to come back after college. I have lots of friends and memories in this place.
I've been to BK and Chiang Mai on holiday. Got attacked by a German pimp and his five Thai henchman because I didn't want to hire a prostitute he was pushing onto me at some bar in Chiang Mai. It led to a foot chase, which then went onto a TukTuk.

Ten years ago and I still look back and laugh, I'll have to tell the whole story in the off topic forum sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)