Summer mercato 2021-22 (46 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I've been to BK and Chiang Mai on holiday. Got attacked by a German pimp and his five Thai henchman because I didn't want to hire a prostitute he was pushing onto me at some bar in Chiang Mai. It led to a foot chase, which then went onto a TukTuk.

Ten years ago and I still look back and laugh, I'll have to tell the whole story in the off topic forum sometime.
You should have reported the pimp to the authorities - it's illegal to be pimpin unless you're Thai. It's a job reserved for the locals. That pimp would've been arrested and deported , although making sure you stayed alive was probably the priority :p

There's never a dull moment here. The gentrification of Bangkok saddens me, because the seedy nature of the city is part and parcel of its appeal and luster. I love Chiang Mai though.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I like him a lot as a stopgap solution, gritty player with a lot of confidence in his abilities. Of course he has to be cheapish, no way we should splash out for a limited 30yo forward, if we can get him for 20-25 and 3m wages do it. Same for Zapata, even though I like Muriel better, getting Zapata would at least solve having to see him constantly embarrass Bonucci

alaska

May 25, 2013
You should have reported the pimp to the authorities - it's illegal to be pimpin unless you're Thai. It's a job reserved for the locals. That pimp would've been arrested and deported , although making sure you stayed alive was probably the priority :p

There's never a dull moment here. The gentrification of Bangkok saddens me, because the seedy nature of the city is part and parcel of its appeal and luster. I love Chiang Mai though.
If it ever happens again, now I know what to do.:euroconte:

Do you live in Bangkok? I wasn't aware some parts were being gentrified. I was there in 2012 and was staying in the "fancy" part (financial district...seemed fancy to me anyway) but I roamed around the rest of the city too. I really liked it, but it was overwhelming. Very different from Alaska. Someday I'll go back and visit again.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
I’d personally rather us to not waste funds on any costly panic buys that would cripple us long term or might not exactly be what we need, they now have the money and wages available to weight out the options that would best fit the team and it’s needs long term, even if it means waiting till winter mercatto or even next summer…

Anyway, i am still expecting a new attacker to come in this week too, just not as high-profile atm as some might want.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
I like him a lot as a stopgap solution, gritty player with a lot of confidence in his abilities. Of course he has to be cheapish, no way we should splash out for a limited 30yo forward, if we can get him for 20-25 and 3m wages do it. Same for Zapata, even though I like Muriel better, getting Zapata would at least solve having to see him constantly embarrass Bonucci
Agree that this will be a stop gap solution, and he proven that he is pretty clinical too
He get 22 goals 7 assists last season, while he is a bench player and that number is 1.38 goal per 90minutes

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
If it ever happens again, now I know what to do.:euroconte:

Do you live in Bangkok? I wasn't aware some parts were being gentrified. I was there in 2012 and was staying in the "fancy" part (financial district...seemed fancy to me anyway) but I roamed around the rest of the city too. I really liked it, but it was overwhelming. Very different from Alaska. Someday I'll go back and visit again.
I live in Bangkok, although lately I've been considering moving around. Ideally I want to do one month in Japan, one month in Cyprus and a month in Switzerland every year. If I can somehow migrate to an online platform while retaining 80% of my clientele, that should be achievable. In both Cyprus and Switzerland I can stay with friends (I will reward them generously with booze - loool), so the accommodation expense would be negligible.

Oh, a lot has changed since 2012. They are trying to polish the city's image and clean up their act (of course corrupt politicians can still engage in the frisky at their favorite high end gentlemen clubs).

- - - Updated - - -

Since when does he shape of players face matter? :Lol: Kulu is one of the ugliest star footballers around, Im still happier to see him play not Berna
@Lion begs to differ. Tbh, I don't mind Muriel, just not at Juventus. He's not young anymore, and we should be redirecting our efforts elsewhere.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
I live in Bangkok, although lately I've been considering moving around. Ideally I want to do one month in Japan, one month in Cyprus and a month in Switzerland every year. If I can somehow migrate to an online platform while retaining 80% of my clientele, that should be achievable. In both Cyprus and Switzerland I can stay with friends (I will reward them generously with booze - loool), so the accommodation expense would be negligible.

Oh, a lot has changed since 2012. They are trying to polish the city's image and clean up their act (of course corrupt politicians can still engage in the frisky at their favorite high end gentlemen clubs).

- - - Updated - - -

@Lion begs to differ. Tbh, I don't mind Muriel, just not at Juventus. He's not young anymore, and we should be redirecting our efforts elsewhere.
Muriel? :sergio:

--

Why the fuck Cyprus? Maybe I should pm you but god damn I'm tired of work and don't have the energy. :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)