Summer mercato 2021-22 (167 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
But Spinazzola played quite well when he got his chance. Sure we had Sandro who played better (a bit) but when I saw how powerful his runs are and now dynamic he can be, I was like, hell, we can actually use this guy. Boom. All of the sudden: signed for Roma. Not just that but nobody came to replace him. It was one of the biggest shocks for me. Sure, it's not like we sold Messi kind of shock, but fucking stupid decision that's for sure. Really, really horrible.

As for Kean, he did suck in England, did he? I was a bit sceptical when there were rumors about him coming back. He had like 2 goals on 30 plus matches and we needed somebody to score goals. It was a really ballsy move from PSG I'll give them that. Turns out a great move from them in the end, he's scoring quite a lot at the moment, not just that, but he's very young as well. I see people mention his name here but I highly doubt PSG wants to let him go. I think he's off the table, unlike Mbappe and Icardi.
Kean though, scored almost every time we played him that last year he was here. He scored 6 goals in a 6 match run in Serie A in 18-19 before we shipped him off in the summer. At like 18/19 years old. And instead of keeping him as a young rotation striker with huge upside, Higuain returned for 19-20 under Sarri and Kean was shipped to England where he flopped, sure, probably adaptation just wasn’t ready for EPL footie. Now he’s succeeding again at PSG, but he could have been doing that here. It was a pretty dumb move for a pretty low fee of a homegrown player.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Kean though, scored almost every time we played him that last year he was here. He scored 6 goals in a 6 match run in Serie A in 18-19 before we shipped him off in the summer. At like 18/19 years old. And instead of keeping him as a young rotation striker with huge upside, Higuain returned for 19-20 under Sarri and Kean was shipped to England where he flopped, sure, probably adaptation just wasn’t ready for EPL footie. Now he’s succeeding again at PSG, but he could have been doing that here. It was a pretty dumb move for a pretty low fee of a homegrown player.
We would have lost kean for nothing if we didn't sell him that summer, Raiola was being a cunt with the contract extension, that said 30 mill for someone's contract expiring in 12 months is not a low fee, it could have been far worse still.

Even if we had kept him I don't think Sarri would have utilised him that much, rumour has it Sarri was against bringing him back last season when he was struggling at everton.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
But Spinazzola played quite well when he got his chance.
spina made quite a few defensive mistakes (positioning mainly), but going forward he looked pretty good already. i get that we needed the plusvalenza, but pellegrini is not even remotely juve material, and spina was a cheap, homegrown player without replacement. and of course we splashed that plusvalenza to our insanely inflated wage bill. it was one of the most unnecessary deals by the club in the last decade. straight out retarded.
Milik, Depay and Icunti :rofl: :howler:

Depressing tbh
plenty of fun material though :klin: remember this?

giphy.gif

credit to dai:
https://www.juventuz.com/threads/mauro-icardi-st.43595/page-14#post-5762159

btw i still don't want icardi. he's got a disgusting personality, his scoring has been average for the last 3 seasons, unproven in europe (in fact, he was benched for most of psg's cl knockout matches last season, they even preferred sarabia to him), and now psg would prefer kean over him, and for a reason. a former hungarian nt player played with him at samp, and he said that icardi was never involved in the locker room, he always looked like a passenger. the polar opposite of what we need.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
spina made quite a few defensive mistakes (positioning mainly), but going forward he looked pretty good already. i get that we needed the plusvalenza, but pellegrini is not even remotely juve material, and spina was a cheap, homegrown player without replacement. and of course we splashed that plusvalenza to our insanely inflated wage bill. it was one of the most unnecessary deals by the club in the last decade. straight out retarded.

plenty of fun material though :klin: remember this?

giphy.gif

credit to dai:
https://www.juventuz.com/threads/mauro-icardi-st.43595/page-14#post-5762159

btw i still don't want icardi. he's got a disgusting personality, his scoring has been average for the last 3 seasons, unproven in europe (in fact, he was benched for most of psg's cl knockout matches last season, they even preferred sarabia to him), and now psg would prefer kean over him, and for a reason. a former hungarian nt player played with him at samp, and he said that icardi was never involved in the locker room, he always looked like a passenger. the polar opposite of what we need.
So if we sell Dybala who should we buy belotti Icardi scamacca

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
So if we sell Dybala who should we buy belotti
oh you got me here, there's NOT A SINGLE player besides belotti and icardi, so it is icardi then. brilliant reasoning.

he's not the player we need, period. we had this discussion a couple of years ago, and things that changed are: icardi is older, scores less, and instead of inda replacing him with martinez, it's now psg who want to replace him with moise kean. yet some can't get him out of their heads.

ah, you edited your original post. this is a random list: scamacca is completely green and unproven, relatively cheap, yet expensive for what he offers, he'd be a morata backup. if these are our options then i definitely prefer to keep morata for an other season to either icardi or belotti.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
We would have lost kean for nothing if we didn't sell him that summer, Raiola was being a cunt with the contract extension, that said 30 mill for someone's contract expiring in 12 months is not a low fee, it could have been far worse still.

Even if we had kept him I don't think Sarri would have utilised him that much, rumour has it Sarri was against bringing him back last season when he was struggling at everton.
I wasn’t really blaming Tootsie for this sale. But 30mil is pretty bad for a 19 year old homegrown wonderkid.

It was pretty clear Sarri was psyched about a Higuain reunion and so was Higgy so Kean wasn’t gonna get any time on the pitch unfortunately. Firing Max basically pushed Kean out the door. Max played him in 11 of our last 12 league matches that season, and 2 of our CL knockout matches.

Keep Max and we probably would have kept Kean.

- - - Updated - - -

oh you got me here, there's NOT A SINGLE player besides belotti and icardi, so it is icardi then. brilliant reasoning.

he's not the player we need, period. we had this discussion a couple of years ago, and things that changed are: icardi is older, scores less, and instead of inda replacing him with martinez, it's now psg who want to replace him with moise kean. yet some can't get him out of their heads.

ah, you edited your original post. this is a random list: scamacca is completely green and unproven, relatively cheap, yet expensive for what he offers, he'd be a morata backup. if these are our options then i definitely prefer to keep morata for an other season to either icardi or belotti.
:tup:

Icardi scores less than Morata, doesn’t offer any of the build up play of Dybala, works nowhere near as hard on the pitch as either of them, wouldn’t mesh at all on the pitch with Ronaldo, and is a bonafide piece of trash.

Would be the most cringeworthy signing yet.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
May 26, 2016
Decent. Hardworking midfielder. Saw him Twice against Barcelona this year, where he man marked Messi. He got destroyed, but I guess that's to be expected. Still young tho, could be useful for us. That said, I think there are better names out there

- - - Updated - - -

Terrible business by us. Should have been identified as the future of the club.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
I want to see Kean Fagioli and Dragusin be given a chance.

The same way Bayern gave chances to Davies, Musiala,
or Man City gave chances to likes of Foden
or Madrid gave chances to Valverde

Fagioli is 20, no excuses not be starting if he is good enough. Ramsey gets the chance to play when he's fit but does fuck all.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
I wasn’t really blaming Tootsie for this sale. But 30mil is pretty bad for a 19 year old homegrown wonderkid.

It was pretty clear Sarri was psyched about a Higuain reunion and so was Higgy so Kean wasn’t gonna get any time on the pitch unfortunately. Firing Max basically pushed Kean out the door. Max played him in 11 of our last 12 league matches that season, and 2 of our CL knockout matches.

Keep Max and we probably would have kept Kean.

- - - Updated - - -

:tup:

Icardi scores less than Morata, doesn’t offer any of the build up play of Dybala, works nowhere near as hard on the pitch as either of them, wouldn’t mesh at all on the pitch with Ronaldo, and is a bonafide piece of trash.

Would be the most cringeworthy signing yet.
Obviously Icardi and Ronaldo together wouldn't work. We can go after him only if we are selling Ronaldo.

Apart from goals, he doesn't provide anything else and he is a piece of shit. But he does score more than Morata even during the last 3 seasons. He has averaged 0.59 goals per 90mins vs 0.53 for Morata. When he was playing regularly he was getting numbers that Morata can only dream of.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Decent. Hardworking midfielder. Saw him Twice against Barcelona this year, where he man marked Messi. He got destroyed, but I guess that's to be expected. Still young tho, could be useful for us. That said, I think there are better names out there
So not a ball playing midfielder? Then I'd pass.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
This isn’t gonna go down well but I’m a double’ard bastard anyways. Bentancur has regressed in my opinion these last couple of years. Think we should get rid. If we manage to do a straight swap with him. How would that work with the deal with Boca? Or has that been covered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 153)