Summer mercato 2021-22 (157 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I want to see Kean Fagioli and Dragusin be given a chance.

The same way Bayern gave chances to Davies, Musiala,
or Man City gave chances to likes of Foden
or Madrid gave chances to Valverde

Fagioli is 20, no excuses not be starting if he is good enough. Ramsey gets the chance to play when he's fit but does fuck all.
Give chance to a player we sold?

Buy on AliExpress.com
May 26, 2016
So not a ball playing midfielder? Then I'd pass.
He is, just more defensively oriented. I mean, he is better than Bentancur and our other Cucks in midfield. Personally i would like Locatelli or Aouar over him, but if we cant get any of them, Jordan could be a nice pickup. I rate Jordan and De Paul quite similarly: hard working motors, nothing exceptional but useful

Last edited:

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
He is, just more defensively oriented. I mean, he is better than Bentancur and our other Cucks in midfield. Personally i would like Locatelli or Aouar over him, but if we cant get any of them, Jordan could be a nice pickup. I rate Jordan and De Paul quite similarly: hard working motors, nothing exceptional but useful
De Paul isn't exactly starter quality but he'd be a very handy 4th guy imho. So I guess it depends on the price.

Last edited:

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
There just aren't any superstar midfielders out there IMO which is a problem. I don't think that Paratici has the same nous that Marotta has for finding talent at good value. We really need to spend our way back. But Pogba is the only top midfielder that comes to mind. What I've seen from Aoure looks like more of the same nothingness. I have high hopes for Locatelli. He has substance. If he can start banging in shots like the one he did against us for Milan on a regular basis then he can become a complete and world class player.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
There just aren't any superstar midfielders out there IMO which is a problem. I don't think that Paratici has the same nous that Marotta has for finding talent at good value. We really need to spend our way back. But Pogba is the only top midfielder that comes to mind. What I've seen from Aoure looks like more of the same nothingness. I have high hopes for Locatelli. He has substance. If he can start banging in shots like the one he did against us for Milan on a regular basis then he can become a complete and world class player.
I like Locatelli but he is not going to be a goalscoring mid. That goal against us was not something he has managed to do regularly.

Aouar is a risk because so many have flopped from ligue 1. He is not a player to control the team and drifts in/out games. But his potential is really high, has good technique and is capable of opening teams up/add a threat from midfield which we badly lack. He did it to us and City last year in the CL. For the right price he is worth the gamble, especially given the lack of alternatives. He'd be a good replacement for Ramsey plus is only 22.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I like Locatelli but he is not going to be a goalscoring mid. That goal against us was not something he has managed to do regularly.

Aouar is a risk because so many have flopped from ligue 1. He is not a player to control the team and drifts in/out games. But his potential is really high, has good technique and is capable of opening teams up/add a threat from midfield which we badly lack. He did it to us and City last year in the CL. For the right price he is worth the gamble, especially given the lack of alternatives. He'd be a good replacement for Ramsey plus is only 22.
You never know. Locatelli is playing deeper but if he could manage a handful of goals a season (and he is a very capable long shot) then I would think that'd make him a really top player. I already think he is one, he's just at Sassuolo flying under the radar which is good for us.

Aouar's end product is just not there. Seems like a highly impractical player.

One midfielder I didn't mention who Football-Italia linked with us is Goretzka. He is the type of player we should be forking out for.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Bentancur to be used in Goretzka bid - I like it
I actually think Bentancur is a good player having an awful season but there is no point to think Goretzka is not a major upgrade over him. I really like Goretzka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 146)