Summer mercato 2021-22 (45 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 3, 2014
Not Ronaldo's wages specifically, the entire wage bill.

That guy has no idea what he’s talking about. I’ve seen his “analysis” on financials. He should stick to football commentary and being a ‘regista” because his thread on “signing Ronaldo” was perhaps the worst thing I’ve ever read.

Amortization doesn’t matter right now with FFP suspended. The key is the wage bill. That’s all that matters. With Ronaldo gone, the cost base falls by nearly €90M. €30M in amortization, €60M in wages. That means if we were projecting a loss of €80M for the year, it is now a gain of €10M. Ronaldo’s wages were crippling, there are no doubts about it. Without him, it’s very reasonable. At €260M, assuming people return to the stadium, revenue in 2022 excluding player sales should come in between €400-450M with wages at between 55-60% of revenues. That is reasonable and they will likely go higher considering they are trying to grow.

Also that wage calculation of Juventus is incorrect. That includes the €30M forfeited by players. Their wage structure is closer to €310M on a last 12 month basis. You take Ronaldo out, now it’s €250M.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
That guy has no idea what he’s talking about. I’ve seen his “analysis” on financials. He should stick to football commentary and being a ‘regista” because his thread on “signing Ronaldo” was perhaps the worst thing I’ve ever read.

Amortization doesn’t matter right now with FFP suspended. The key is the wage bill. That’s all that matters. With Ronaldo gone, the cost base falls by nearly €90M. €30M in amortization, €60M in wages. That means if we were projecting a loss of €80M for the year, it is now a gain of €10M. Ronaldo’s wages were crippling, there are no doubts about it. Without him, it’s very reasonable. At €260M, assuming people return to the stadium, revenue in 2022 excluding player sales should come in between €400-450M with wages at between 55-60% of revenues. That is reasonable and they will likely go higher considering they are trying to grow.

Also that wage calculation of Juventus is incorrect. That includes the €30M forfeited by players. Their wage structure is closer to €310M on a last 12 month basis. You take Ronaldo out, now it’s €250M.

So how much cash do we have next season to sign haaland or Vlahovic as next season Morata and Chiesa loan deal will become permanent if we pay 45 million euros and 25 million euros

Mar 3, 2014
So how much cash do we have next season to sign haaland or Vlahovic as next season Morata and Chiesa loan deal will become permanent if we pay 45 million euros and 25 million euros
As much as they want to pay them. There’s €400M arriving. But it’ll be managed in a sustainable way. So I don’t see wages going much above €300M-€325M. Ex Ronaldo, it’s probably about €260M. So let’s say €40-65M less Chiesa’s gross wage and Dybala’s increase (€~16M) so roughly €25M to €40M in wages, which is about €20M-€31M net.

As for transfer fees, Haaland’s release clause would only drive about €15M in amortization expense and they easily have the cash to cover the fee with the equity issuance.

So I’d guess €75-100M in fees and €25-45M in gross wages.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
As much as they want to pay them. There’s €400M arriving. But it’ll be managed in a sustainable way. So I don’t see wages going much above €300M-€325M. Ex Ronaldo, it’s probably about €260M. So let’s say €40-65M less Chiesa’s gross wage and Dybala’s increase (€~16M) so roughly €25M to €40M in wages, which is about €20M-€31M net.
As for transfer fees, Haaland’s release clause would only drive about €15M in amortization expense and they easily have the cash to cover the fee with the equity issuance.
So I’d guess €75-100M in fees and €25-45M in gross wages.
The most important thing is that is depend on our league position this season, we must at least get UCL

Jun 16, 2020

And there’s still so much room to improve. At least now we’re at a point where things are sustainable. But if we take a closer look to potential sells, and some players with weak qualities and high wages who should be replaced in the coming year(s), our current revenues and the end of the pandemic, I do believe that we have a good foundation to build on.

I think that our strategy with U23 players is to loan them out until they reach a decent value, then sell. We have a dozen of guys out on loan, who aren’t likely to return to the club but all will increase in value over time: Peeters, Rafia, Vrioni, Frederiksen, Beruatto, Gozzi, Di Pardo and Vlasenko. I think that Chelsea has a similar approach and they’re making bank. And right now I ignore the more talented guys who actually seem to have a decent chance of becoming a first team member.

Besides that the known high earners in the first team: Ramsey, De Sciglio, Rugani, Szczesny, etc. We should be in a good position, we were in big problems last summer and things seem to have normalized in this regard.

Last edited:

rainhard

May 5, 2004
And there’s still so much room to improve. At least now we’re at a point where things are sustainable. But if we take a closer look to potential sells, and some players with weak qualities and high wages who should be replaced in the coming year(s), our current revenues and the end of the pandemic, I do believe that we have a good foundation to build on.

I think that our strategy with U23 players is to loan them out until they reach a decent value, then sell. We have a dozen of guys out on loan, who aren’t likely to return to the club but all will increase in value over time: Peeters, Rafia, Vrioni, Frederiksen, Beruatto, Gozzi, Di Pardo and Vlasenko. I think that Chelsea has a similar approach and they’re making bank. And right now I ignore the more talented guys who actually seem to have a decent chance of becoming a first team member.

Besides that the known high earners in the first team: Ramsey, De Sciglio, Rugani, Szczesny, etc. We should be in a good position, we were in big problems last summer and things seem to have normalized in this regard.
Chelsea have the same approach but they loose sight for what the real talent that they should keep for themself. Salah and KDB is the proven example, maybe there is more. We need to operate above that and classified the talents on loan by tier (1,2,3). So the one who end up in tier 3 will be sold for $$. In tier 2 will be out on loan again to see if they can improve more and to be divided again. And keep the tier 1 talents to integration with the first team

We need distinct structure for first teamer and sub player, no more giving high wages for free transfer. We better go for lower salary + hard to achieve bonus combo. So the looks from outside for the salary is low and the player are more approachable

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
The most important thing is that is depend on our league position this season, we must at least get UCL
We are with a good coach so I expect 1st or 2nd as we need to gel first.
Inter played great in their first game but didnt impress me against Verona yet they still won.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...So I’d guess €75-100M in fees and €25-45M in gross wages.
haaland's release clause is allegedly 75m, so as release clauses are due instantly, that alone would make 75m, without any additional fee payable over chiesa. chiesa's fee to make his move permanent is 40m payable in 3 years. supposing equal amounts over 3 years, that's an additional ~13m, so we're at ~88m without any agent fees for either players.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
If Haaland wants to come here, and I can’t see why that would be the case, I would assume he would become our top earner but obviously nowhere near Ronaldo. Unlikely transfer but not impossible. Just don’t know why he’d do it.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
haaland's release clause is allegedly 75m, so as release clauses are due instantly, that alone would make 75m, without any additional fee payable over chiesa. chiesa's fee to make his move permanent is 40m payable in 3 years. supposing equal amounts over 3 years, that's an additional ~13m, so we're at ~88m without any agent fees for either players.
Don't forget Raiola's commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)