Summer mercato 2021-22 (34 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Koke is more a Marchisio type to me while Saul can really be a two way monster. He has everything, but I really think Simeone's system restricts a lot of these outfield players. He plays Saul everywhere but as a number 8
Well Atletico plays a 4-4-2 just like Pirlo likes and for such a formation you need central midfielders who can cover a lot of ground - or at least have a great positioning awareness (Locatelli)

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Well Atletico plays a 4-4-2 just like Pirlo likes and for such a formation you need central midfielders who can cover a lot of ground - or at least have a great positioning awareness (Locatelli)
Not all 4-4-2 are the same.. Its all about interpretation.
There are times 4-4-2 could be more similar to 3-5-2 than to another 4-4-2. The roles and instructions are the ones making the difference and Pirlo evidently didnt know how to pick them and how to give instructions otherwise we would be in minimum 2nd place and might even won.
This is why inexperienced managers shouldnt be given a top job from the start. They should go to teams they can experiment with and then come when they are ready.
Im surprised such a big club like Juve didnt think it through.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd rather take a shot at Lovato than the Romagnoli swap. He is too expensive for a rotational guy, seems a bit soft, not a huge fan tbh.
Dont know Lovato but unless its a swap deal to improve our defensive depth given Chiellini`s expected retirement we should look at better defenders

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Not all 4-4-2 are the same.. Its all about interpretation.
There are times 4-4-2 could be more similar to 3-5-2 than to another 4-4-2. The roles and instructions are the ones making the difference and Pirlo evidently didnt know how to pick them and how to give instructions otherwise we would be in minimum 2nd place and might even won.
This is why inexperienced managers shouldnt be given a top job from the start. They should go to teams they can experiment with and then come when they are ready.
Im surprised such a big club like Juve didnt think it through.

- - - Updated - - -

Dont know Lovato but unless its a swap deal to improve our defensive depth given Chiellini`s expected retirement we should look at better defenders
I would rather hire a manager with ideas of how he wants to play, over someone whos always adapting to the players at his disposal. Pirlo wanted an aggressive, possession based style of football, and didnt have the right players for it. Max would have gotten us better results for sure, but in given the right kind of players, I believe Pirlos ideal 11 players would trash an adapted Max side. Im not all against Max, but we criticised him for never showing a style of football, and always getting the result, just barely. We are Juventus, and we need to win comfortably, not a narrow 0-1 away to provincial sides. Pirlos ideas are long term, Max's ideas are temporary. We need to go through with this project that was started last year, sign the missing pieces, and trust that its not a managers job to motivate the players, it should be themselves and a stadium of 50k fans..

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I would rather hire a manager with ideas of how he wants to play, over someone whos always adapting to the players at his disposal. Pirlo wanted an aggressive, possession based style of football, and didnt have the right players for it. Max would have gotten us better results for sure, but in given the right kind of players, I believe Pirlos ideal 11 players would trash an adapted Max side. Im not all against Max, but we criticised him for never showing a style of football, and always getting the result, just barely. We are Juventus, and we need to win comfortably, not a narrow 0-1 away to provincial sides. Pirlos ideas are long term, Max's ideas are temporary. We need to go through with this project that was started last year, sign the missing pieces, and trust that its not a managers job to motivate the players, it should be themselves and a stadium of 50k fans..
Well Pirlo hasnt really proven anything and kind of sucked if anything.
Can he do better with his hand picked players? Yes but he still needs to do many changes in his game.

Right now Allegri`s top 11 will thrash Pirlo`s top 11. As for the future - who knows..

The thing with Pirlo is that he is not hopeless. I do not agree with those who say it but he is inexperienced and has a long way to become a top manager.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Well Pirlo hasnt really proven anything and kind of sucked if anything.
Can he do better with his hand picked players? Yes but he still needs to do many changes in his game.

Right now Allegri`s top 11 will thrash Pirlo`s top 11. As for the future - who knows..

The thing with Pirlo is that he is not hopeless. I do not agree with those who say it but he is inexperienced and has a long way to become a top manager.
Chiesa arrived on the last day of the mercato - it could be due to many things, but I interpret it as a strong request by Pirlo. He wanted his man. Chiesa was player of the season..
Other than Chiesa, who is the ideal player for his style, he only really had Kulusevski for the other flank. A 20 year old.. So he invented a McKennie to play there, who in Schalke, had mostly played as a central midfielder.. In attack, the intensity really only cam from Morata, as both CR7 and Dybala(who has been out for 70% of the season) were luxury players.. The idea of overlapping fullbacks never worked as the left side players offered next to nothing: imagine if we had a player equal to Cuadrado on the other flank!

To fix Pirlos Juve, we need time and a quality left back who can come forward and create opportunities so we're not predictable down the right hand side..

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
Frenkie de Jong has indicated to the Barcelona board that he wants to leave the club. His preferred destination is Juventus. He wants to link up with De Ligt, and his inspiration Andrea Pirlo. De Jong also rates Chiesa and wants to play with him. Updates to follow

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Chiesa arrived on the last day of the mercato - it could be due to many things, but I interpret it as a strong request by Pirlo. He wanted his man. Chiesa was player of the season..
Other than Chiesa, who is the ideal player for his style, he only really had Kulusevski for the other flank. A 20 year old.. So he invented a McKennie to play there, who in Schalke, had mostly played as a central midfielder.. In attack, the intensity really only cam from Morata, as both CR7 and Dybala(who has been out for 70% of the season) were luxury players.. The idea of overlapping fullbacks never worked as the left side players offered next to nothing: imagine if we had a player equal to Cuadrado on the other flank!

To fix Pirlos Juve, we need time and a quality left back who can come forward and create opportunities so we're not predictable down the right hand side..
End result 4th place after 9 years of being 1st
Allegri worst result was getting eliminated by Ajax in the CL when Ajax were actually a great team and we started to decline. Allegri still won Serie A comfortably.

I cant even understand why Im arguing about something that is so obvious to see:
2021 Allegri>>>>>>>>>>>>Pirlo
2025 Who knows..

Last edited:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
What

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)