Summer clear-out, or just a few moves? (3 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
This might be a new idea to a few people, but how about we get Giuly for our new creative influence. If Nedved stays, I am not sure if Rothen would fit in the squad. I think we would need a right-sided playmaker, and Ludovic Giuly would fit the bill. He is world class IMO.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yeah, I posted that in two different Threads to make sure people see it! That is how important that idea is!

But how much would Giuly cost us, or maybe a better question is will he be willing to leave Monaco? Not too sure how old Giuly is. I know others should have that info. Giuly would be a great buy IMO. Better than Fiore.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Josh ] ++
we need a youth system like ajax
No we don't. Ajax finance that youth system by selling their top players once they gain notoriety. Futhermore, Ajax's position in the Dutch league gives them the oppurtunity to field young players against weak opponents in low pressure situations, but also to give their players Champions League experience. We don't have any games that are low pressure and we wouldn't want to sell our stars once we got them. What we need is a satelite club. It would be like the deal between Royal Antwerp and Manchester United. We send our youngsters there on loan and they give them experience. This has two advantages over our current loan system: 1) By grouping our young talent together on one team, they can get to know one another, 2) By making an official agreement with this club, we can ensure that our youngsters get playing time.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

No we don't. Ajax finance that youth system by selling their top players once they gain notoriety. Futhermore, Ajax's position in the Dutch league gives them the oppurtunity to field young players against weak opponents in low pressure situations, but also to give their players Champions League experience. We don't have any games that are low pressure and we wouldn't want to sell our stars once we got them. What we need is a satelite club. It would be like the deal between Royal Antwerp and Manchester United. We send our youngsters there on loan and they give them experience. This has two advantages over our current loan system: 1) By grouping our young talent together on one team, they can get to know one another, 2) By making an official agreement with this club, we can ensure that our youngsters get playing time.

my oh my what wonderful points. retract my statement and agree with yours.

thats EXACTLY what we need

Aug 1, 2003
You do have a point Ian, but if we were to clear out all our defence I'd still prefer to get a slightly more experienced and aged defender. 27 isn't that old IMO

but young defenders would be excellent too, but I'd prefer to buy them provided our old soldier(s) stay. They could learn from the old players or something. I dunno how to put it so better stop anyway :stress:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)