Summer clear-out, or just a few moves? (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++
Wrong!!!!! The best years in front of them.....How old was Nedved & Thuram when they comed???
They were older when they came, but isn't that why we're having trouble this year? WHy buy 26 and 28 when we can get 22 and 20?

Jul 28, 2002
probably will:D, btw i have a dutch lorry driver friend that say stkelenburg will be better than gigi easily....only time will tell if ur tip was right.:cool:

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

They were older when they came, but isn't that why we're having trouble this year? WHy buy 26 and 28 when we can get 22 and 20?

Because the 26 and 28 year old are better at the moment for at least 2/3 years to come and are less risky to buy. That's why.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++
Because the 26 and 28 year old are better at the moment for at least 2/3 years to come and are less risky to buy. That's why.
Okay, so they are better, but are they that much better? I mean, if you consider that we'll have to buy them for more money, and then buy replacements for them for even more money...why not just buy cheaper younger players now, and save the money?

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004

Okay, so they are better, but are they that much better? I mean, if you consider that we'll have to buy them for more money, and then buy replacements for them for even more money...why not just buy cheaper younger players now, and save the money?
My message was more meant as why would anyone want to buy player who are 26, 28. I wanted to point out that that would be just as good buys as the young guns.

Aug 1, 2003
Speaking of age we should get younger players but in terms of defence I would actually prefer a defender between 27-30 yrs of age. Defenders get better with age IMO until it catches up with their body

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
Speaking of age we should get younger players but in terms of defence I would actually prefer a defender between 27-30 yrs of age. Defenders get better with age IMO until it catches up with their body
I disagree, I think that we need young players 25 or younger. We need for them to adapt to Juve and then have several years at top level. Thuram was purchased and took a year to adapt then played well for one and a half seasons. That's a waste of money, IMO, and it's going to happen again if don;t buy younger players.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004

I disagree, I think that we need young players 25 or younger. We need for them to adapt to Juve and then have several years at top level. Thuram was purchased and took a year to adapt then played well for one and a half seasons. That's a waste of money, IMO, and it's going to happen again if don;t buy younger players.
:eek:

I agree...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Maybe, but there is no young player that has the skill and desire of Emerson at the moment. Emerson would be the player we could build the team around, and all the youngsters would look up to him. We can't just field a team of youngsters; there must be a balance of old and young.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andrea Becchi ] ++
Maybe, but there is no young player that has the skill and desire of Emerson at the moment. Emerson would be the player we could build the team around, and all the youngsters would look up to him. We can't just field a team of youngsters; there must be a balance of old and young.
True. But, we've already got a team full of older players. Di Vaio, Del Piero, Camoranesi, Zambrotta, and Tacchinardi can all be looked up to by youngster and I think that the plan is to build the team around three players: Buffon, Zambrotta, and Maresca. We do not Emerson to be our leader, nor do we need him in our central midfield. He costs too much to buy when we don't really need him.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004

True. But, we've already got a team full of older players. Di Vaio, Del Piero, Camoranesi, Zambrotta, and Tacchinardi can all be looked up to by youngster and I think that the plan is to build the team around three players: Buffon, Zambrotta, and Maresca. We do not Emerson to be our leader, nor do we need him in our central midfield. He costs too much to buy when we don't really need him.
Let's hope so. Maresca must become the future leader of Juventus.

OP
A_LAcki

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
  • Thread Starter #76

Full agree!

Musi

May 7, 2004
    I think that new Juve should look like this:

-----------------------Buffon-----------------------
    Thuram------Ferrari-------Bonera---------Evra
    -----------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------Tachinardi------------------
    Zambrota---------------------------------Rotten
    ----------------------Rosicky(DerVaart)---------
    ---------------Gilardino----Del Piero------------

What do u think???

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Musi ] ++
    I think that new Juve should look like this:

-----------------------Buffon-----------------------
    Thuram------Ferrari-------Bonera---------Evra
    ----------------------Tachinardi------------------
    Zambrota---------------------------------Rotten
    ----------------------Rosicky(DerVaart)---------
    ---------------Gilardino----Del Piero------------

What do u think???

most people will say that bonera and evra are not juve material yet

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004

What do you mean we don't need Emerson in our midfield?!?!?!?! Can anyone on our team do the stuff that Emerson does? Emerson is a creative midfield destroyer; someone who does the dirty work while creating chances in attack. Can Tacchinardi make creative passes like Emerson? Can Maresca add that bite to the midfield? Can Appiah do anything comparable to Emerson? I think not for all questions. The thing that cost us big this season was the loss of Davids IMO. We must find tht replacement for him. Tacchinardi and Maresca are certainly no Davids or Emerson. Blasi or Maresca along with Tacchinardi is certainly not a class central midfield. But add in Emerson, and you have a world class midfield. We need a player like Emerson, and he could only help the team. Not to mention that he could add that creativity that we really need.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)